PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 2

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 2

Check out the great cosplay we saw during our second day at PAX 2013!

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
A lot of cleavage going on over there. I guess I can understand the whole 'booth babe' controversy now. It's not that I'm complaining, cleavage is just fine with me, but I preferred Liara to Samara. And if I was a woman, I would cosplay as Faith in a heartbeat.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
My favorites were Pyramid Head and that cute little Spartan who couldn't be more than ten years old.

s0osleepie said:
Where's my caffeine...?
The link to the PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery 1 leads to a 404 Error page. Did somebody delete it because of one of the Cosplayer's outfits? O.O

EDIT: Who was the girl with the huge lollipop and the chocolate shield supposed to be? The sight of all of that candy gave me a case of the munchies.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I get that feeling that I should recognize way more of these characters than I actually do...

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait what? How come the Bobba Fet cosplayer has a rebel alliance emblem on his armor. I mean I'm not that familiar with the EU, but I'm pretty sure he was allied with the Empire. Did someone outbid them?

Also awwwwwwww, look at the little Master Chief.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Copper Zen said:
My favorites were Pyramid Head and that cute little Spartan who couldn't be more than ten years old.

s0osleepie said:
Where's my caffeine...?
The link to the PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery 1 leads to a 404 Error page. Did somebody delete it because of one of the Cosplayer's outfits? O.O

EDIT: Who was the girl with the huge lollipop and the chocolate shield supposed to be? The sight of all of that candy gave me a case of the munchies.
Lollipoppy, it's a LoL skin for Poppy. The original's not quite so... cute.

But yeah, tons of League, Bioshock, and Mass Effect cosplay being shown.

Also, Ert, all Mandalorian armor looks fairly similar, what differentiates them is the color schemes. That one wasn't Boba due to the fact the paint job was different.

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Copper Zen said:
s0osleepie said:
Where's my caffeine...?
Woops! Should be fixed now! It has been a VERY long day. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

erttheking said:
Squeeeee! He was my favorite and totally made my day when I saw him!!
MrMixelPixel said:
I felt a bit of a league bias here? Not that I'm complaining or anything...
Not from me at least. LoL cosplay seemed to dominate the floor on Saturday when I was there.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Lady Deadpool meets Pyramid head, that's a comic I'd pay for.

The Spartan kid's probably got hardcore gamer parents.

Daaaah Whoosh said:
A lot of cleavage going on over there. I guess I can understand the whole 'booth babe' controversy now. It's not that I'm complaining, cleavage is just fine with me, but I preferred Liara to Samara. And if I was a woman, I would cosplay as Faith in a heartbeat.
There is a completely topless male Kreig in there, and you want to complain about a bit of cleavage?

People just moan about it more when it's women. Even when men are running around doing the same thing.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Angelous Wang said:
Lady Deadpool meets Pyramid head, that's a comic I'd pay for.

The Spartan kid's probably got hardcore gamer parents.

Daaaah Whoosh said:
There is a completely topless male Kreig in there, and you want to complain about a bit of cleavage?

People just moan about it more when it's women. Even when men are running around doing the same thing.
QFT

OT: I now know how im going to dress my son on halo-ween :D

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah! The Krieg one was awesome! Having abdominal muscle of some degree really helps, and the helmet and gauntlet design was very good! I'd praise Moxxi and Lilith, too, but there's far too many of those two floating about, I haven't gotten bored of seeing Krieg yet.

Everything else, whether I know 'em or not, pretty cool. The little sister later on wasn't getting very into character, though...then again, it must have been awkward...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
erttheking said:
Wait what? How come the Bobba Fet cosplayer has a rebel alliance emblem on his armor. I mean I'm not that familiar with the EU, but I'm pretty sure he was allied with the Empire. Did someone outbid them?

That's a Mando'ade, just a regular Mandalorian, who owes allegiance to whomever he sees fit. It ain't the Fett.

Kafloobop

Nov 11, 2009
Does anyone know what the two people in #7 are? Cause the guy on the left is hilarious and I want to know who he's supposed to be.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Queen Michael said:
I get that feeling that I should recognize way more of these characters than I actually do...
Tell me about it. I'd hate to actually go to these events because I barely recognise any of the cosplay. It doesn't help that I'm a female gamer. Fake gamers, ho!

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Almost entirely certain I know that Moxxi.

Awaiting confirmation...

On a related note, that is a pretty damn good Krieg.

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
I have to say, that Samara is phenomenal. The Legion next to her is very good too, those hoses take work...

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Those Legion and Samara cosplays were AWESOME. Probably my favorites out of today's showcase.

And on a sidenote, I loved that Alisa cosplay. Complete with her robotic wings and everything. =P

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Nothing as good as FemJace from Day 1, but if I had to pick a winner for Day 2 I'd say Joel and Tom Servo from MST3K. Because.......MST3K.

The Mass Effect squad was nice, but the midget Master Chief just kills it for me. At least they included both a MaleShep AND a FemShep....and the FemShep was an infiltrator! My personal "canon" Shepard is a FemShep Infiltrator! :D

EDIT: Not that I didn't LIKE the kid in the MC costume, it just ruined the whole ME motif. That, and he reminded me of one of the midget Crimson Lance guys from the Fort Knoxx DLC for Borderlands. Still a great costume for a kid to wear (and very well made too), just I'm not as gushy about it as it seems a lot of other people who responded are. :p

Re-EDIT: I was trying to think of who the kid could have been to complete the ME theme. Annnnnnnd yeah, it's probably a good thing they didn't dress him (or I suppose her, can't tell in full SPARTAN armor :p) as The Catalyst. :3