PAX East 2010: Wil Wheaton Keynote

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
PAX East 2010: Wil Wheaton Keynote

Actor and geek tribe chieftain Wil Wheaton kicked off the first Penny Arcade Expo East with a keynote address in which he welcomed the assembled throng "home".

Read Full Article

T-Dawg

Oct 13, 2009
I really wish I'd made plans earlier and been able to go to PAX East. I've wanted to go to the one in Seattle for the last couple of years, but various reasons prevented it.

Time to start planning for the fall.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
dude's a bro.

AND:
I think he makes a really great point about imagination, being born in 1991, I feel I am really close to the tail end of imaginative people, party due to the reasons he explains. I still enjoy letting my mind fill in those blanks, I love just thinking up MORE about what I do or play, and I feel like not many other people do so, and to an extent, that disappoints me.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats one thing of many I wish I could have to see there. Will Wheaton is one of the nicest, and most polite people I have evcer know.

Hope this speech somehow makes it onto Youtube

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, now I really wish I went.

I'm to close to justify flying, but driving to and from Boston is a pain in the ass.
Still, may have been worth it...

MR T3D said:
dude's a bro.

AND:
I think he makes a really great point about imagination, being born in 1991, I feel I am really close to the tail end of imaginative people, party due to the reasons he explains. I still enjoy letting my mind fill in those blanks, I love just thinking up MORE about what I do or play, and I feel like not many other people do so, and to an extent, that disappoints me.
I'm in that same situation my friend.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
That's one of the things I'm sad I missed today. I live in Boston and bought my three-day pass months ago, but when I woke up this morning, I felt kind of like I was about to die and went right back to bed. Hopefully I'll suck less tomorrow and can drag myself out of bed, but I don't want to be That Guy responsible for the outbreak of swine flu this time around. Heh.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
He's so great. What a guy. Great speech, I support this making it's way to youtube if at all possible.

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
I was lucky enough to see the speech and it was amazing, I also saw the cast of loading ready run, which was momentarily thrilling (graham was a little late)

skeanthu

Nov 16, 2007
Avalon Hill was my world for a few years, City Fight, Third Reich, Starship Trooper, Squad Leader, Dune, and others like War of the Ring. My Mom would get snippy when we got close to dinner time on Sundays to wrap it up, wish we could have a 'Save Game' option. :)

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
So much time with the red box. Even though I had nobody to play with I still was intimidated about the book that said "for dungeon master's only".