Pay Enough For the Second Humble Indie Bundle, Get First as a Bonus

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Pay Enough For the Second Humble Indie Bundle, Get First as a Bonus

Eleven games for eight bucks; that's a pretty good deal, no matter how you look at it.

If getting five top-quality Indie games, including the likes of Braid and Machinarium for the low price of whatever you feel like paying for them wasn't enough, the folks behind the Humble Indie Bundle have sweetened the deal by offering the first bundle as a bonus for anyone who spends enough money.

The first bundle contained World of Goo, Gish, Penumbra Overture, Aquaria, Lugaru HD and Samorost 2. In order to get these games, as well as the five included in the second bundle, all you have to do is pay more than the average price for the second bundle, which at time of writing is $7.60. What's more, everyone who has purchased the second bundle already will receive the first bundle as a thank you gift.

The proceeds from the Humble Indie Bundle are split between the developers of the games, Penny Arcade's Child's Play [http://www.childsplaycharity.org/] Charity and public interest advocacy group, the Electronic Frontier Foundation [https://www.eff.org/]. Purchasers are able to allocate their donation as they see fit, giving as much or as little to charity as they like.

Source: Humble Indie Bundle [http://www.humblebundle.com/bundle-in-bundle] via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/first-humble-indie-bundle-now-included-in-second-hib-190146.phtml]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I have to go back and play Aquaria again.

It's like a Metroid game, underwater.

I bought that game off of Steam AND the first HIB.

Still can't believe people pirate these bundles...

That's a lot of Linux users, btw. And they seem to be VERY generous. With the average price from them being $13.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
Tipsy Giant said:
I got given the first one as a bonus, but I already bought the first one ages ago, anyone want the first indie bundle?
hey anyone wanna give me the first indie bundle that'll be awesome i bought the second one for 5 dollars and feel bummed i missed the first one, would i have to go back and donate 7.50 again or do i donate 2.50 to take my tally up over the average??? or have i plain missed out on all the fun and hijinks?

EDIT: NVM guys just simply go to your order page from the indie bundle and it should be right there i was amazed and extremely happy LONG LIVE HIB

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Eh. $7.50 can buy me better games on Steam.
Yes because the whole point is to get the games and not give the money to charity, screw the kids right?

Pirate Kitty said:
Serris said:
Perhaps you need a new one, then.
Can you honestly say that you don't see how your posts come out as inflammatory (whether or intentional or not)? I've seen people call you on it several times and this is just another example of it. I mean common it's akin to going out and saying "Why bother with charity? You can spend you money is so many better ways!"

I'm sorry but as a person who was a kid who spent a great deal of his childhood in hospitals I wished desperately for something to do. And Child's Play does so much to help these kids that I cannot believe someone would tell others to not donate and proudly tell others that they would spend the paltry sum of $7.50 on themselves instead of helping a child.

You know what, I was so insulted by you, that I gave the humble indie bundle $7.50 just now.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
I gave $55 to charity during desert bus so I won't feel guilty getting it for a low price.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I think this is a way to thank those who missed out on the first one. I picked it up for myself last year, and got this one. I also dropped around $20 to gift one to my girlfriend (she's not really into flowers) and she got excited to see the bonus last night.

At the same time, I don't think many of us who bought the original bundle should feel "ripped off" over this bonus as it's not about what you're getting, but who you're giving to.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Got it twice for 15 each. Once for me, once for a gift.

That said, I approve of this. On one hand, yes, it's ridiculously generous. On the other hand, the game selection this time around just doesn't seem as good, to me. Okay, so I already bought the first one, but still.

Banter

Apr 1, 2009
Being in the UK I already gave a bit extra because donating in $US doesn't feel as substantial, so I was then pleasantly surprised to get the first humble bundle which I missed earlier :)

Pirate Kitty said:
Well, giving money to charity doesn't help me.
You're such a silver spoon kid, if you seriously don't see the point in charity you have some sociological issues in my opinion, not everyone is born into an life like many of the people on here and so those with give to benefit those without, for the reason that if you were one of those without then you would be thankful for the support of others who can support you.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
I don't mind giving to charity, but I bought the bundle for the games when it first came out. That means I got all 11 titles for 2 bucks. Ha.