Pay What You Want For the New Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Pay What You Want For the New Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle

It's time for a new Humble Bundle: the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle!

This is easily the most awkwardly-named Humble Bundle yet, but the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle is still a sweet deal. The innovative tactical combat simulator Frozen Synapse [http://store.steampowered.com/app/98200/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1] normally goes for 25 bucks on Steam but as is the convention with Humble Bundles, you can now pick it up for whatever price you want to pay. And that's not all!

Just because it's called the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle doesn't mean you don't get any other stuff with it, because it wouldn't be much of a bundle otherwise, am I right? Pay more than the average price for the HFSB, which is currently sitting at a ridiculously low $4.02, and you'll also get the only-slightly-less-awkwardly-named Humble Frozenbyte Bundle, the third Humble Bundle that debuted back in July [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109196-Trine-Headlines-Third-Humble-Indie-Bundle].

So let's break it down: Frozen Synapse, Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, plus the Jack Claw prototype and advance access to the Splot demo, all for about what you'd pay for a bag of Doritos and a two-liter. That's a big pile of awesome for a little tiny bit of money and even if you've already picked up the Frozenbyte bundle in one of the previous Humble Bundles, Frozen Synapse for a fiver is still a hell of a bargain.

As usual, the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle is cross-platform [Windows, Linux and Mac] and DRM-free, and buyers can direct their funds in whatever portions they want to the developers, EFF, Child's Play and even the Humble Bundle folks themselves. It's available for 14 days beginning today, so get yours before the price goes up at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/?bundle=frozensynapse]!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Damn my luck, I just bought Frozen Synapse a little while ago and I paid extra for the soundtrack edition and now its comes out in the Humble Bundle....
Seriously with the humble indie bundles always coming out with the games I want I'm tempted to just never buy the games when they come out and instead wait for them to hit in a bundle.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
Son of a *****. Thanks to their two-for-the-price-of-two package I've had a gift copy of the game for months, but never actually got around to trading it away.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Totally bought this right when i saw it.
Gotta love that devs are doing this more regularly.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Rednog said:
Seriously with the humble indie bundles always coming out with the games I want I'm tempted to just never buy the games when they come out and instead wait for them to hit in a bundle.
It's what I do.:) Last game I outright bought was Minecraft, back during alpha. Everything I've bought since then has been part of a bundle.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Yal said:
Son of a *****. Thanks to their two-for-the-price-of-two package I've had a gift copy of the game for months, but never actually got around to trading it away.
I'll have it :3

I would like too but Im poor, also I dont have a credit card at the moment XD

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Site's down again...dang.

Edit: Yay Back up! Everyone Raise the Average Price! Must raise money for charity! :D

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
...is Frozen Synapse good?

Maybe that sounds cheap. I refuse to pay less than the average though...

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Just bought it, liked the look of frozen Synapse but was quite pricey for an Indie game, this dealed the deal though. Bought it for 20 dollars split between charity and developers

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Tharwen said:

Theres a demo on Steam that gives a good impression I thought, maybe worth a go?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I've been interested in the game for a while, this seems like the perfect time to get it! I'll still wait a bit though, by now we all know how these bundles work.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Tharwen said:

Yes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8925-Frozen-Synapse-Review]. I would highly recommend at least checking out the demo to see if it's your cup of tea, but if you like tactical strategy games it's almost certainly worth it.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Tharwen said:

It's horribly boring for me, but as said before, if you like tactical games then it just doesn't get much better than it.

Edit: And even if you don't, Trine is worth it, and even if you have it, supporting this kind of indie games is worth it. TBH if you have a credit card and like games then there is NO reason not to get the Bundle, well, unless you have to choose between the bundle and eating... and even then it comes close.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
GeorgW said:
I've been interested in the game for a while, this seems like the perfect time to get it! I'll still wait a bit though, by now we all know how these bundles work.
In my experience you will get all the perks of the bundle even if you go for it now. Last time I bought 2 copies of it at above average price for me and a gamer friend and around 10 more for 1 dollar each for non gaming friends on the first day and every one of those got the full perks (or they told me they did... but TBH some of them suck at computers and i didn't saw it with my own eyes).

Martin van Wijk

Mar 1, 2011
Though i whould like to point out that frozen synapse is not drm free, as it requires connection to an authentication server of mode7 (to check serial)

wwmcfar

Oct 12, 2009
If you liked the tactical planning stages from the old Rainbow Six games then Frozen Synapse is perfect for you. There is a review of it in The Escapist's review section and the demo is on Steam.