Pay What You Want For This Amazing Indie Game Music Bundle

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Pay What You Want For This Amazing Indie Game Music Bundle

If you dig videogame music then you need to take a look at this fantastic Indie Game Music Bundle Pay What You Want Black Friday Sale.

Call me a nerd if you will, but I'm a pretty big fan of videogame music. There's some really amazing stuff out there and the best of it doesn't just enhance the experience of a game but is also eminently listenable on its own. So you better believe that I was pretty excited when I found out about the Indie Game Music Bundle, a collection of ten albums from indie game composers in 320kbps MP3 format, totally DRM-free and available today only for as low as a buck.

There's no Ari Pulkkinen or Sascha Dikiciyan in the mix, but you'll probably recognize at least a few of these names. Like Minecraft: Volume Alpha by C418, the Super Meat Boy Digital Special Edition Soundtrack by Danny Baranowsky, A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda by HyperDuck Soundworks and PPPPPP: VVVVVV OST by Souleye. And, like all good indie bundles, if you pony up a little more than the minimum [in this case, $10 or more] you'll get a half-dozen more albums including The Binding of Isaac, Wind-Up Knight and Extreme Road Trip.

So if you're cheap, you can pick up ten full albums of game music for a dollar, and if you're slightly less cheap you can snag 16 of them for a tenner. And don't feel bad about being cheap, either. "Don't be ashamed to put $1, the option is there for a reason," the bundle folks wrote. "We want you to check out our music! But if you want to support a bunch of starving indies, now's your chance!"

The bottom line is that there's just no good reason not to do this, so go to www.gamemusicbundle.com [http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/] and do it. You can thank me later.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
the Super Meat Boy Digital Special Edition Soundtrack by Danny Baranowsky
Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac had good soundtracks, but Danny Baranowsky's best song will always be his Marble Garden remix, Knuckleduster [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVAYzu91F4], as far as I'm concerned. That's just pure class there

P.S. Thanks

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
After Desert Bus and the Steam autumn sale and the last HIB, all my monies are now in the hands of other people. Maybe later.

Aug 25, 2009
Last time they did this didn't a quarter of people still download it illegally and prove beyond doubt that a rather large percentage of gamers are assholes? And I don't mean to sound prejudiced here but wasn't it also mostly (or entirely) PC gamers?

Yeah, I see this going about as well. In fact, given that it's music and not an actual game, I'd be surprised if even one in five people paid for it.

leahzero

May 20, 2007
17 albums for 10 bucks? Damn you indie game composers and your seductive numbers. *buys*

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Thank you later? I will thank you know! Even if I'm a bit short of cash right now I guess I will give in 15.

Edit: FUUUUU site having paypal issues ):
Edit edit: Now it works again, puh.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I didn't even read the article, I just went straight there and gave them 10 dollars.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Yeah, they're having Paypal issues but I was able to make it work on the second try. Google Checkout is apparently fine, so you can either give that a go or just keep plugging at it.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
what does the 0/20 downloaded thing? music download limit?

EDIT: Would seem there is a download limit on the bundle, Thats called DRM you guys... Have to call home to have soundtracks reset after 20 downloads.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Totally getting this, if just for PPPPPP. Damn I love that OST, just never got around to buying it.
Same reason here. Amazing soundtrack!

I don't know half the soundtracks on there, but the ones that I do have all had great soundtracks. It's one of the areas where indie games really shine, having great songs

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Well I paid what I could... $1.18.
I feel that whoever doesn't take advantage of this bundle and just pirates the music, are the biggest assholes here.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
sturryz said:
what does the 0/20 downloaded thing? music download limit?

EDIT: Would seem there is a download limit on the bundle, Thats called DRM you guys... Have to call home to have soundtracks reset after 20 downloads.
The DRM free part comes after you download it, you don't have to go back to the page and download it again, you can store the ZIPs somewhere like Dropbox (Like I did) and never have to go back to that page again.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Phlakes said:
After Desert Bus and the Steam autumn sale and the last HIB, all my monies are now in the hands of other people. Maybe later.
My checking account assumes the fetal position during Steam sales. Didn't see anything great today (considered GTA IV, but read that it's a poorly ported, CPU-dependent beast), but I've already picked up Mass Effect 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. Can't wait to see what's on offer tomorrow and Sunday.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
It's a nice idea but I just don't listen to videogame music when I could be listening to real music :/