PC gamers..how are you enjoying Origin?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
soo.....Origin

good?

bad?

terrible?

I havnt had the pleasure of using EA's "wonderful" new service, so Im curious to know how you guys are finding it? is it as bad as i seems? is it "ok"?

tell me your experiences

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I'm not. I had a short experience with it with Battlefield 3 and it turned into an absolute nightmare that I chronicled in another thread. Long story short, I uninstalled everything and have no intention of using Origin or any Origin exclusive game. This makes me sad because I want to play Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3 when it comes along.
Sadly, unless EA works out their issues with Steam, or makes their games not require Origin. I am going to have to say no.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I use it (unwillingly) for Battlefield 3 and will presumably be using it for Mass Effect 3.

Good-bad-terrible? Eh, it works. No huge problems or standout features. Anyone who has used Steam will feel more-or-less at home.

I haven't used the Store yet and never will, because... well, mostly because fuck EA. No need to go giving them a larger share of my money.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
I've used it to re-download my Mass Effect 2 and for getting the preorder goodies for Alice 2 and its... fine, really.

For ME2 and Alice 2 at least, Origin itself doesn't even have to run to start the game, the overlay if you use it is very steam-ish... Pretty standard stuff, really. I've browsed the store a few times, never saw anything at a good price I wanted to get and that's pretty much the extent of my feelings on it.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Haven't found anything wrong with it. All the scaremongering about the EULA is ridiculous. The sweetest irony of all is seeing people on FACEBOOK complain about how Origin "steals their personal information". I mean... really? REALLY?

It's a good, stable application and helps keep track of my different games. Heck, I bought a physical copy of Bad Company 2 back when it was released, and now it's in my Origin folder and I can download it if the DVD breaks/goes missing. Dunno how or why, but the game's there. Maybe it's because I registered it with my account... *shrug*

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
I'm more worried about the whole nomming all your data thing that it appears to do. And then it sells that data on too, and you can't not let it. Unless you have some technical expertise and a few select programs. Muhahahaha.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
I don't have any problems with Origin, other than it freezing my computer for a few seconds when I start it.

Now Battlelog on the other hand. THAT is a pile of shit that I swear at every day.

Metanar

Apr 2, 2010
Only used it for BF3 but it's been a massive pain. Made me download the whole thing from Origin instead of just installing from the disk, not sure if it does that for everyone. On the subject the battlelog thing is quite annoying too, ends up taking ages to get into games since it has to launch the game every single time. Only good thing about it is that it's much easier to keep track of friends than it was with BC2, but they could have integrated it with steam if they wanted to for the same effect. Will be trying as hard as I possibly can to avoid using it in future.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Even though I run it in a Sandbox the fucker is somehow fucking with my latest video driver. Turn off Origins. Driver runs fine. Turn it back on, driver crashes and takes my operating system with it every 2 and a half hours on the clock. You can literally time when the stupid thing is going to crash my OS.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
It makes it easier to boycut anything connected to EA, so in that respect I am very pleased with it.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
I'm going to stay away from it as long as I possibly can. I already have steam, I don't need EA's version of it.
I just hope this isn't the start of steam clones popping up all over the place.

Exerzet

Sep 6, 2010
Not enjoying it at all. Why the heck did they have to make another steam-clone? And I had to get the stupid thing because I wanted to pre-order SWTOR ><

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
I'm not using it much, but i must say their customer support is 10 times faster than Steam. The few times i had to contact them to fix my order i got in chat with the rep in 2-5 minutes and they fixed my issues right away.

Plus, as opposed to Steam, EA let's me pay in my currency, which means 30-50% cheaper games.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
It's not good. Not quite bad, not quite good. It needs to be improved and it will be improved. It's too early to say if it will end up being good, but I hope they'll do some real improvements to it.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Still do.not.want.

You get used to it, though. Like an awkward sun spot you've stopped noticing, but still wonder might be per-cancerous when you look at it.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
Its fine, its no steam, but it works perfecly fine, and I got a free game out of it (Burnout Paradise) in one of the random giveaways they do every now and then.

The sales arn't on valve's level, but they seem to be getting there with this advent calander thing they're doing at the moment.

I honestly don't see what people have against it at this point, it takes less resources then Steam and you can close it once games have launched it you're paranoid of it watching you.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
A unnecessary, pointless application just to use. If anything, it's bloatware just so that I can play games that are from EA.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
While I don't think I'll have any problems with it, I'm still going to hold off from using it aslong as possible.
Unfortunately I have the ME3 gun pointed at my head that's gonna force me to use it

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
It's okay. I have little intention of using it to buy anything, but it works well enough, far better than Steam did at launch. The interface is clean and simple; the downloading is as fast as anything else. It's certainly nothing special, but I don't see why people are avoiding it like the plague.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Never touched the pile of dog-feces, and have no plans to. I've never so much as heard a single good thing about origin yet.