PC Gamers: will you buy Mass Effect 3 if it's not on Steam?

Cenequus

Jan 31, 2011
Unless someday I'll get forced to buy a digital copy I'll never buy one. You pay the same price and you own nothing,people are dumb I guess. I'll get my copy from Amazon thanks,also it's usually around 10 euro cheaper so it's actually better and I actually own something.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
somonels said:
#1: I probably won't buy it
#2: I can get it cheaper from retail.
Most if not all my Steam games were retail games that cost 30% of what Steam ask and just use Steam as a DRM hahaha.

Apr 28, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Irridium said:
Since I won't pay $60 for a PC game from a publisher who stated 4 damn years ago [http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/686/ea-boss-says-games-too-expensive/] that games are too expensive and $60 is a ridiculous price to charge for games yet has done absolutely nothing to fix the problem.
Search for some webshops, I can easily get my games 25% or a third cheaper if I buy it at the right place. I avoid brick-and-mortar stores for the most part, and stay away from the big chain shops. I usually buy my PC games for ?35, and console titles ?45 or ?50, all new.
It's usually what I do. Though since in the US the standard for game prices just about everywhere is $50-$60, I usually have to watch stores for sales.

Don't like ordering online much, since due to where I live(rural Vermont) and the fact that we recently just had lots of places responsible for keeping mail flowing shut down, it takes a long-ass time for stuff to get here now.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I won't buy it because Bioware games are honestly pretty bad/boring. Dragon Age was the worst game I ever finished, and Mass Effect was too slow for me to get into, and figured it would turn out the same...

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
*prepares to be ashamed*

I only just got the first Mass Effect yesterday after seeing Miracle of Sound's 'Normandy' and am yet to download it so I don't even know if I'll want to buy number 3 at all but I think it's likely that I will. However, unless the franchise really tickles my fancy, I wouldn't buy it in a physical copy.

AlexiVolkov

Mar 30, 2011
I preordered ME3 as soon as I heard about the CE. I have the CE of 2, only 1 is on steam. I will still buy physical copies of games if they have CEs that come with extra shines. Steam is mostly for the indie games and games I don't care about physical copies; Skyrim, Rage, Deus EX:HR, Dead Island.

I was even going to buy BF3 regardless of the Steam/Origin bullshit. It was the gutting the while server browser thing that finally killed my chances of getting that game at launch... maybe someday when its on sale for cheep I'll consider it.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Well since I never buy new games from Steam on principle ($ = ? is so much bullshit) I will still get Mass Effect 3. Even if the bugger had mind-boggingly stupid DRM I would still man up since it is Mass Effect 3 after all.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I would prefer it on Steam. However I will probably still buy it even if its not available on Steam, although I am up in the air on it.

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Nope. I don't trust Origin. Simple as that.

EA has a history of pulling crazy shit and taking a huge dump on their consumers. Why on earth would I trust EA with digital distribution?

I might pick it up on a hard-disc though. But definately not at launch.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Physical copy.

I do not trust EA. The only reason Valve get away with so much with Steam is that they're Valve. EA are not Valve.

Also, for those wondering if a Shepard can be imported regardless, I imported my Shepard from Steam ME1 to retail ME2, so it should be okay.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I don't buy anything from Steam, never use it.

All my games are either delivered to my door when i'm feeling particularly lazy or I drag myself into town and buy them.

The town one is usually reserved for when wife/kids or both want to go do some shopping then I have anexcuse not to visit every clothes shop in town.

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
EdwardOrchard said:
However, if it isn't on Steam, I probably won't be buying it. Simply because, I bought the first Mass Effect for about $10 and the second for $15. Steam's Madness Sales just can't be beat.
Pretty much this - ofc if EA is smart enough and has sales on Origin too, then i could be swayed.

I don't mind Origin much and understand that they probably don't want to hand over a third of everything they sell when they could run their own digital platform; but i'm a bit worried that EA is leveraging BF3 against Steam, as opposed to targetting it vs. MW3 which they should be doing.

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
I never buy major games on steam anyway.So it dose not matter to me how they do it.Hard copy is the way to go when your buying games.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
I'll buy it if it's not on Steam--I got Mass Effect 2 in a physical retail copy--but I won't buy it if EA forces me to use Origin to play it.

swenson

Sep 5, 2009
Yes, but I'm going to complain bitterly about it. I bought a physical copy of ME2 and always regretted it--games without Steam integrated often don't play well with the Steam overlay, and I can't live without that thing. If I have to use Origins, I'll complain even more... I really don't need TWO digital game services.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
blizzaradragon said:
The Pinray said:
Well if that's the case then I guess I'll probably purchase a hard copy. I really don't feel like downloading Origin, honestly. But I'll do anything to get my Mass Effect 3. I'm so excited for this game.
Same, I've had my copy pre-ordered for about 4 months now. Still got a ways to go, but holy crap it's gonna be awesome. You gonna get the regular version or the collector's edition?
Collector's Edition, of course! I've been saving up my pennies. Setting aside a bit from every paycheck. I've watched every single video, read any article I can find, and currently replaying the first and second games. Every game is just filler till ME3, ha ha. I'm so excited to finish off the story. I need to pre-order it. I keep forgetting. The whole Steam vs. Origin or 360 vs. Ps3 is all irrelevant when it comes to Mass Effect.