[PDQ] Rise of the Divines: A Godgame RP - Game Thread (Closed, Started)

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
The Heartlands

It had seemed like an eternity when the courier was finally released from the god?s clutches. Several lifetimes of images and messages were bombarded upon him in an otherwise existence of complete and utter sensory deprivation. What was left was a broken man, gibbering incoherently. Syv simply smiled, as if it was proud of what it had accomplished. Now with a proper messenger it could begin to spread its word? what ever that was.

First and foremost, Syv wanted to make sure that above all else, no other being with similar powers was going to be pilfering its courier like it had just done. The god rummaged through its cloak for a good time, clearly searching for something to amend that concern. Eventually the mess of a man?s attention was caught and he began to stare curiously at the deity?s actions. Closer and closer the man?s face inched until he was barely a foot aware. It was then that the god suddenly sprang into action and slammed what was supposedly its palm into the man?s forehead.

?THE POWER OF SYV COMPELLS YOU!!!? it screamed out, plastering a small symbol onto the man?s forehead as it attempted to place an enchantment on the man.

Create a weak permanent enchantment (interrupt attempts to inspire, DC7): DC 9 [+4 Trickery]

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Silverdock

The six accepted the bird-god?s terms and each of them, if not without some reluctance; for their power had been gained through hardship, effort and a small amount of bloodshed. To hand it away to the page would be to throw away all they had worked towards. However, the majority agreed it would be better to be powerless and still have some pride than to be dead. Hence, the majority swore fealty to the boy-king.

The stern Baldassare had refused to join in with the folly. While it was true the boy-king could be manipulated at whim, probably just like the magical magpie was doing, his pride stopped him from giving up all that he had earned. He was the eldest of the Merchant Princes, and knew from experience that hostile takeovers were rarely this tame.

Gaspere noticed his twin?s trepidation and nudged him with his elbow. In contrast to Baldassere, he saw an opportunity with the deal. However, he knew the common rabble were itching for a good ol? fashioned revolt. Someone had to be the scapegoat and while his twin had been an excellent partner in trade and excellent company, Baldassare had been a bit overbearing... ?He?ll do.? He was the least popular one anyway.

?She of Dark Wings, I believe your public wants a show.? Gaspere said with a snarl, inclining his wine glass towards Baldassare, ?Surely throwing a hated noble to the wolves will be enough, no??

The hyena would be the first to betray his brothers and would be the first to betray her. Mhioden would remember this misstep in the future. To try and keep a secret from the god of secrets was a foolish endeavor indeed. The stern Baldassare would shatter once given to her revolutionaries, he would be broken and useless, but, she would not need him once she had succeeded.

?The wolves are hungry and need feeding,? She sang to Gaspere, ?But once fed, they will call for more blood.?

Baldassare was not ignorant of his position, as both the most successful and the least popular. However, he was also not ignorant of how to turn the tables, a terse chuckle ?Blood? Food? There is plenty of food on the battlefield. Why not restore the Silverbirch Empire as well as its monarchy??

All sound faded from the room; all knew of that name and the ruin it had brought upon other settlements and Silverdock itself.

?Ha! ? The hyena laughed, it was an empty laugh that covered his nerves, ?Nice one brother!?

Meanwhile, the yet-to-be-crowned boy-king squirmed in his seat. He looked to Mhioden for guidance. What should he do? Was it worth keeping the scheming snakes around? The boy-king lowered his head in defeat, regret began to bite at him, telling him of how simple things were when he was just a squire.

The page?s head hung low, power was not an easy responsibility, she had given what was promised, but she had never promised him that it would be. She flitted over to her would be king?s shoulder and told him: ?The snakes will eat themselves until one is left and is too fat to move, easily trodden on and disposed of.? Mhioden whispered to him, trying to reassure the unsure page.

He nodded and whispered back, ?I... I still get a crown, right? People respect crowns.?

The bird god bowed her head in response, ?Of course you will, my king.?

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Ahlgren - Sunderspire Mountains

"We only wish to hunt down a roc, m'lord. I see no need to sully the spring with blood."

"Yours." Ahlgren corrected with a growl, his eyes opening again and focusing on the one arrogant enough to speak, to justify his murder in the forests that are his home. "YOUR blood is what you want to save, with no regard to my most faithful of followers... Though, perhaps I will give you a deal."

Ahlgren took to the air once more, his voice becoming like thunder as he surveyed the mortals, the greedy and the unwanted. "I give you an ultimatum, an option; Leave now and fear no consequence, or trade one of your own into the Druid order, in exchange for the beast in which you seek. Blood for blood, and all that... Not that I limit it to simply one of you."

"Joining my order is strict, I must admit, but in return... power, beyond your wildest dreams. Change your shape into a beast of which you hunt, control them, bend the very trees to your will! Bring your family, attack the ones you may call neighbors now and take back the world, return it to it's true beauty!"

Ahlgren was filled with fire, and he ended with a flourish, and around the hunters a ring of elms appeared, with only two gaps, one led deeper into the forest, the other back to their home... Ahlgren could only hope they'd choose wisely.

Inspire a small group of mongrels(less than 50) for the rest of their lives. DC 7 Bonus [+2 Nature]

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Archon - Swansdale

The old woman nodded and washed away her tears. She hug her so and whispered into his ear, "Goodbye sweetheart. I'll miss you. What you did... I'll cherish it until it's time to join you." Afterwards she fumbled around with the remote and managed to turn the core implanted in his body off. The rest of the crowd did the same. Their silent gratitude hung in the air as bodies slumped to the ground.
[hr]

Theodrid - Riverlands

The once-confident adventures were shaken to the core as their bodies betrayeAhlgren d them. The fireball collapsed as its caster was forced to kneel. A lad with a sword suddenly burst words of surrender, "We yield! Please, please, please, please, don't do anything more to us. T-That's our terms! Just let us leave and we'll be off, I swear on my honour as a knight!"

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

The ground shook and growled as it was twisted by the word-god's raw power. Claws attempted to slash at Raetic, and something which looked like a bear's head attempted to bite his head off but they quickly sunk back into the ground from whence they came. It didn't take. The ground would remain ground, despite Raetic's desires.

[hr]

Odanda - Mortmire

Her hands were swift and her aim was true. As if to reward her efforts, Odanda received a flickering vision of a ruined floor which was covered in blood. Heavy breathing could be heard as well as muffled words. Just as that image left her mind, it was replaced by a succession of images: a crowded room, a demonic smile, a wrecked mansion, their locations and in return, the mage's.

[hr]

Syv - The Heartlands

A symbol was transferred to the man's forehead, like a stamp. It glowed with power. Syv had made its mark on poor Smythe, both physically and mentally. Others would have a hard time claiming the man for their own - if they wanted a gibbering wreck of a courier to be part of their cults. Smythe simply stood and took the god's abuse, he lacked the will to resist.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

The other five joined in with the laughter, only because it would cover up their up nervous. However, Agostino was the first to stop laughing. He was growing impatient. Agostino tapped the table and swifty turned the conversation back to the topic of the boy-king, "A king needs a crown and therefore he needs a crowning ceremony, yes? I believe we need to sort out the expenses..."

[hr]

Ahlgren - Sunderspire Mountains

While the leader of the group was somewhat scared of the sprite, when he heard the terms of the deal he couldn't help but laugh. "Ha!" He chuckled, "We'll leave. I, for one, don't want my prey handed to me on a silver platter! Come friends, let us be off." With that, they blasted their horns again and thundered out of the elm circle, back to their homes. After all, there were other routes to the mountains...

[hr]

Nabesh'i - The Dustlands

The wind blew and the sands scattered, revealing a masked figure. She had awoken, but she found differences in the land and in herself from when she was alive. However, she was not alone. A lone traveler with a camel stood over her, clearly bound there by curiosity. He extended his hand, but quickly jerked it away as he realised who she was...

[hr]

[HEADING=1]Rolls[/HEADING]

Archon - Inspiring a small group of mortals (less than 50) for their entire lives [http://orokos.com/roll/138132]: 2d6+2 13
Theodrid - Inspiring a small group of mortals (less than 50) for their entire lives [http://orokos.com/roll/138133]: 2d6+2 7
Raetic - Creating or altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant [http://orokos.com/roll/138135]: 2d6+0 5
Odando - Find a mortal capable of hiding from you [http://orokos.com/roll/138136]: 2d6+4 14
Syv - Create a weak permanent enchantment [http://orokos.com/roll/138138]: 2d6+4 11

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Theodrid - Riverlands

"We yield! Please, please, please, please, don't do anything more to us. T-That's our terms! Just let us leave and we'll be off, I swear on my honour as a knight!"

"Oh no, no, no, NO." The demon thing chided. "You just killed all my acolytes and you are going to do the honest thing and serve me loyally." He snapped his fingers and let the part rise from the floor. "Now let's see... who am I dealing with, who do I like?" He hadn't really paid much attentin to him when they were trying to thwart his mortal plans, they were Theodrid's problem, not it's. Of course Theodrid was gone now and the demon was left wearing him like a suit. Apparently he'd inherited his can of worms as well.

"S-sir Burwick. At your service." The knight stuttered, "The snivelling cutpurse to my right is Scab, and the one in robes is Beschuss. Oh! The fine lady with the bow is Addy, short for Adelaide." His brow creased with confusion, "We are famous adventurers who w-wander the land, surely you know of us?"
He had more questions as well, however, it wouldn't be particularly wise to ask more than one...

"I could ask the same of you! Surely you've heard of..." It paused in thought for a moment, dragging the depths of its ancient memory.

My name, where is it? It searche and searched but it couldn't find it, not a damn trace of it. Was that what that feeling was? When it had crashed into Theodrid and through the veil. It hadn't just destroyed Theodrid... its name had been shattered and scattered. PERFECT! A great weakness had been lifted from it... although that meant it would have to think of a new one. It couldn't keep going by the name of a meat sack.

"Well never mind that for now!" It recovered. "You're a colorful bunch at least. Especially this one..." It closed in on the wizard, Beschuss. "You tried to smite me." It grinned a smile full of wicked intentions.

"Of course I did!" Beschuss replied proudly, in spite of the wicked smile, "If you wish to torture me because of that, go ahead." Part of him hoped that it would just be simple physical torture, it paled in comparison to the other possibilities.

"Nonsense!" The demon barked. "I like a man with guts, means you've got more to work with. It's been eons since anyone's had the guts to stand up to me. I respect that sir, some may want a band of yes men but I want followers that'll speak their minds and hold themselves true." It made it all the more fun when they finally came on side.

"Besides." It looked over the whole group. "I'm not here to be cruel... I'm here to make dreams come true. Wealth, power, fame. Everything you're afraid to let yourself want."

The Warrior, The Deacon, The Shade and The Mistress.

"Surely people as skilled and potent such as yourselves are tired of playing servants to those who ridicule, judge, persecute and belittle you." It shot each word like a bullet at each of the party members in kind. It had been at this long enough to read the things that went unspoken in mortal thoughts. "People who would have you wilt, because they fear the shadow you might cast."

Scab was the first to speak, "Dreams come true? Well, mister, you have me ears." While he spoke, he dug out some earwax, eager to listen to more.

Addy immediately shot a look at Scab and frowned, "What is the catch?"

The stuttering knight was shocked, this wasn't what he expected at all! That was a good thing, but there had to be some sinister reason why the evil cult leader was acting all nice. "I with her, w-what's the catch?" He asked.

Beschuss simply nodded. He felt that he didn't have anything to add to the conversation at that point in time.

The demon groaned internally, why did they always ask about catches, when did mortals get so savvy?

"You keep doing what you do best and with my help you'll do it better than you ever did before. Why live from one purse of gold to the next when you can have treasures at your fingertips?" It spread its arms and began to circle the group, singling each one out with it's deep red eyes as it went.

"Why be a knight when you can be a warlord? Why be a wizard when you can be a sorcerer king? Why be a thief when you can be a crime lord?" Finally it rounded on Addy. "Why be viewed as a tool for men... when you can make them your prey? All I ask in return is that you spread my name... my message. I do not ask for a cut of the spoils, only a cut of the glory and through me your glory shall grow." It was good to get the old speeches out for a run.

A collective "Hmm" echoed around the bloody room. It took longer for some than others to come to the same conclusion: to accept the offer. Scab, for example, immediately answered with a "yes", then Sir Burwick, then Beschuss. Adelaide was the last to answer, just as a devious plan formed in her mind.

"Excellent! Wonderful! Joyous day!" The demon cheered. "Welcome to the ground floor. Let's get to work shall we?"

The demon snapped its fingers and waved for them to follow. The doors of the mansion opened before it as if pushed by invisible hands and the thing that was wearing Theodrid walked along the path, looking for the nearest town.

"So tell me about this place?"It asked, not looking back, expecting its followers to keep up. "Who's in charge here, what kind of system are we working with? Is it monarchs? It's usually monarchs."

The four followed the fiend as it walked out of the mansion. As the default leader of the bunch, the knight answered its question, still bewildered with the powerful being's ignorance, "Y-yes." He said, and shut himself up after that. After all, the man needed was facts, not opinions.

"And?" It prodded in exasperation. "Are they a noble sort, how are the people doing? Details! Paint me a picture here people! How fares the damn realm!" Knowing where the weaknesses were would help it focus its efforts. People got desperate when order grew weak.

"As y-you wish." Burwick responded, "Well--"

Scabs yanked a finger out of his nose and interrupted Burwick with a rant, "King's come a cropper; slimy merchants hide behind the lord-generals and their manpower; the lord-generals bully the merchants with said manpower. Trade and fertile fields is keepin' the Riverlands together, but all the lords and ladies are insistin' on tearin' our dear land apart."

"Oh dear oh dear." The demon giggled. "Well we can't have all this. The land simply wouldn't do without its people... and the people couldn't do without their beautiful land." And with all this conflict the situation was rife for some fresh input.

The group carried on as the demon searched for the nearest gathering of life and civilization, sniffing them out like a hunting hound. Theodrid must have owned land or serfs, surely. Its time with the lord was all a blur now.

"So was dearest Theo one of these Lord-generals?" The smell of life was getting stronger. Surely they were homing in on a village or a town?

There it was; Theo was gone and another being had taken his place. Nevertheless, they had chosen to accept that harsh truth back at the mansion. For once, Addy spoke, "Ha! If he was, then word of his dark deeds and intentions would have spread more quickly than it did and Theo would have been killed before he drew the first magic circle. He was just a lordling who served the lord-generals, who looked after their lands while they made war."

Nearby, a water wheel creaked. Peasants could be seen as they tended the fields, and roofs could be seen in the distance.

"Oh this will never do!" The demon exclaimed. This was all far too quaint and homely. He only had to look at these rancid peasants to see that this would never work. Half of them must have been inbred or plague ridden.

"No. No if I'm to get work back up to the great days then I'm going to have to do it with subjects that are far more interesting than this!"

Nearby a group of children were running around doing disgusting children things. Oh they were hideous to look at, be glad you weren't there. They started heckling like drunken bar patrons, "Look, look, there's Sir Burwick! And that's lord Theodrid!"

One of their parent's came over, no doubt to grovel or to ask for spare change. She was a young mother by the looks of her, though all the mothers must have been young when you were lucky to live past thirty. Mayflies, all of them! She wasn't even something to look at. Not interesting in the slightest, by human or demon standards.

"I'm sorry m'lord they ju-"

"NO!" The demon cut her off, shoving its hand over her face. "NO, NO, NO, No, NO! This will not do! Everyone stop what you're doing and listen to me!" It roared out to anyone within earshot.

It was time to get this ball rolling! The peasant woman froze in silent shock, unable to make a sound as her face gave way under the lord's touch. Her flesh shifted and flowed as the hand set to molding it like clay. She didn't feel any pain but there was plenty of fear in her just now.

Travel from one place to another: Effortless
Inspire a small group of Mortals (less than 50) for the rest of their lives: DC 7 Bonus- +2 Flesh (A display of power by altering a young woman's face, whether it ends up being something these people like depends on the roll).

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, Border of Mortmire

The First Dreamer was getting worried. The Lady hadn't spoken in hours, and she remain stubbornly silent when he called out to her. Now the sun was down and the group was bedding down for the night. The First Dreamer had forgotten what it was like to sleep without Odanda's presence, and he was almost frightened of what might happen. Would he dream as he had before? Or would he remain awake in the dreamtime, drifting in the collective unconscious? The First Dreamer didn't want that. He had only been out in the exposed maelstrom once, and he had no desire to go back.

To his relief, when he finally slept, he found himself on a featureless white plain, standing next to the five knights and a confused and irritated Lord Swalsby. The Whisperer, in her thousand armed form, sat motionless nearby, back turned and staring into the void. Swalsby puffed himself up and waddled over to where she sat, shaking his fist and shouting.

"My Lady, if I might speak frankly, this is completely intolerable! I was in council with the lord of Riverside, on your orders, I might add, when I suddenly find myself ASLEEP! The implications..."

"Shut up."

Swalsby stopped. "I... what?"

The Whisperer whirled around, and one of the arms extended and grasped him around the neck. "I said, SHUT UP!"

Swalsby gagged, clawing at his throat. Odanda stared at him for a moment, then flung him down. Her countenance changed, and the mood shifted. All present suddenly felt, through the internal logic of dreams, that she was reasonable, respectable, and that this had always been so.

"I have... news. There is a god in the Riverlands. I have seen him through the dreams of his followers, and he is a monster. A monster who warps the flesh of men, who kills for fun... But a god, nevertheless. The first I have seen directly, aside from myself. I cannot allow a being like that to wield so much power... So he must be eliminated. But I don't have the power on my own." She turned to address Swalsby. "Half the army of Harrowgate, and any military gained from the other cities, are to be redirected into the mountains, effective immediately. Once Mortmire is mine, the other half will follow. Bring the Soma." Now to the prophet."First Dreamer, you and I will establish a holding in the mountains, as was originally intended. I hate to say it, but encountering this being may have been a stroke of luck. It will give us something to rally the people against. As for the knights... I felt you should be here. You are already my guard, and it is fair that you understand the situation."

"I'm not sure I do," said one of the knights. "Who is this god? What form does he take? What is he?"

"I'm afraid you'll find out soon enough. Now sleep well. The days ahead will warrant it." With that, the dreamscape dissolved, and Odanda got down to work.

In each of her thousand hands, she took a tuft of dreams, and began to stitch them together. This one paired with this one, that one with that, these three together, split those in two... Whenever she finished a set, she brought it to her featureless face and gave it the equivalent of a kiss. Finally, she dropped her hands and surveyed her creation. Mouths. Hundreds upon hundreds of mouths. She breathed in deep, and exhaled a fine purple mist. In unison, they opened. She listened intently for a whisper...

Creating or altering a non-sentient species (The Mouths of Odanda) - DC 9 [+4 Dreams]

The Mouths of Odanda whisper. They do nothing but whisper, all day, all night, to any and every dreamer there is. They whisper beautiful temptations, offerings of happiness, power, prosperity, anything a mortal might desire. They are extensions of Odanda herself, her many mouths in the darkness. If directed, they will swarm to a certain location , whisper a certain thing, etc. but for the most part, they will simply fly around, whispering the same whispers to anyone who will listen.

Note: Only exist within the collective unconscious.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Nabesh'i - The Dustlands

Questions immediately leapt into her mind, ?Why is this man acting like this? What I have done to deserve--?

Answers soon followed as she remembered how the others had shunned, the rumours, the whispers, and - most prominently - the pain. Nebesh?i clutched her head and rocked back and forth, causing the traveler to think that she was going some sort of fit. He would be perfectly right. Meanwhile, utter chaos consumed the waif?s mind. From her current state, she inferred that the stories were still being told. It had been about five years since she had died, a decade at most - she wasn?t sure - but, the stories were still being told. Those stories were the only record of her mortal existence; without a doubt, Nebesh?i absolutely detested that.

Nevertheless, once the influx of memories and pain stopped, she smiled beneath the mask. If that was the role fate had given her, she would give her best performance. She would be a predator, not a simple scavenger.

Nebesh'i raced over to the traveler, who had started to plod away ever since her fit. She grabbed his robes and pulled, forcing him down. Suprise almost overtook anger as she fell down with him. Nebesh'i had never been that strong, however, she had no complains about that. The waif quickly sprung up and began to kick sand into the traveler's face, to his dismay. Nebesh'i launched a tirade of abuse, literally adding insult to injury, "Leaving a person to die like that... Have you forgotten the custom of hospitality? Have you forgotten the ways of your people? Well, have you?! Then choke on sand, as your actions reflect those of the harsh desert."

Hopefully that would be enough for the man to see the error of his ways. If not, well, he could die a pathetic death. Many had been killed by the desert heat and afterwards, she could just eat him up. Just like the tale!

Inspire a single mortal for life - DC 5

Below are lazy posts for the lazy/busy people who have requested an auto of their character.

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

"C'mon, c'mon..." He grunted as he attempted to pull the (hopefully) newly-created creature out.

Raetic's eyes widened as the ground shook, urging the beast within to come forward. But as the claws sank back into the stony ground, his heart sank. The villagers wanted to be heroes and heroes needed a villain, something to fight against and overcame, just like in the tales. He just needed this to work, no matter the cost. However, the word-god couldn't forgot that his part had to be kept a secret. If anyone found out... Well, the story would turn into tale centered on Raetic and as much as he liked the idea of carving out a legacy of words and deeds, that would have to wait for later.

And so, once again the word-god swung his hands into the stony ground again, just with a little more oomph.

Creating or altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant: DC 7 - Bonus [+2] -1 AP

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

Agostino's words cleared the hostile air; of course, when talk turned to money, the six would finally act like the Merchants Princes they were. But what good would a crowning ceremony be if there was no crown. The symbol of the king's authority couldn't just be a simple thing of precious metal, no, anyone with the resources could make that. The magpie-god took flight again and flew around the table, singing an old rhyme in a singsong voice:

"Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his crown,
And Jill came tumbling after."

"What?! The crown has been lost?" Baldassere roared with outrage. Suddenly the meeting room erupted into chaos. The squire squirmed yet again in his seat, only this time he was joined by the six Merchant Princes as they shifted in their chairs. Obviously, they blamed each other for losing such a valuable thing. Of course, it had never existed. But a lie believed by many is just as good as the truth. In a world where belief is power, doublely so.

The magpie chirped again in an attempt to calm them down, "The crown is not lost, just hidden. Hidden in my nest of secret things!"

Create/conjure up a -2 item: DC 5 - Bonus: Secrets [+2]

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

Archon gave a weak smile as he ordered the Automatons remaining to usher the people and their newly-dead relatives out, and to help them with the burial. "That was taxing, but it could've been much worse..." Archon trailed off as he looked to Rickon, who had composed himself, but still appeared distant and morose. Finally with a quiet moment, the god approached the immortal child. "Rickon...are you all right?"

The child heaved an empty laugh. "Of course I'm all right, I'm immortal, aren't I?" Rickon shrugged as he picked himself up. "I just..." Rickon groaned as he started down the steps back towards the bottom floor of the workshop.

Archon could see the depression and how it weighed on Rickon, one careless mistake had sealed him in a body of a child until he was ready to die. Something told the god that if the boy left, he might do just that. So, Archon caught up and stopped the boy from leaving. Forcing on his best imitation of the mortal Archibald: inquisitive, mystical and full-of-it, all at the same time. "Leaving so soon, my boy? There's so much more left to do!"

"Archon, please, I don't-"

"But who else can spread my merry gifts to the good people of the Heartlands? Who better to spread my good word and display my power?" Archon summoned his mechanical arms and immediately set to work, binding bits and pieces of metal into an exotic staff topped by a shining brass gear. "Let me make a fine tool for my most trusted messenger!"

Creating a -2 magic item (Staff of the Second Artificer). DC:5 [+2 Magical Artificer]

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
The Heartlands

Everything was going according to plan. Now Syv?s less than mentally stable follower was ready for the journey of journey. Their quest would be grander than grand, a literal epic in the analogues of history. Smythe would be the Watson to its Sherlock, the Lewis to its Clark, the Enkidu to its splendiferous Gilgamesh. They would be the ones to take this world into their hands and do magnificent things with it. The god could barely contain itself at the various tricks it would bestow upon the world to keep it and itself endlessly amused.

?Hyah mule, hyah!? Syv cried out, slapping the riding crop into the flank of Smythe.

The devious deity rode his newly acquired follower into the sunset, piggybacking the man as he unquestioningly and dutifully carried the god. Smythe had piqued it's interest with the prospect of meeting a power almost as great as its own. Now Syv would have the former Archonist stride back to its former master in order for it to see the god with its own two beady eyes. It would find this Archon and weed out exactly what he's up to...

HYAH MULE, HYAH!!!

Sorry for the lame post. I'm feeling terribly uninspired and need to catch up with Archon's stuff

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Ahlgren- Sunderspire Mountains

"Ha!"

Ahlgren stiffened at his laughing, did he think this a joke? Did he not see the ravenous beasts in the forests behind him? The god raised an eyebrow at the man's boldness. Who laughed at the prospect of very real power? A fool, or a madman?

"We'll leave. I, for one, don't want my prey handed to me on a silver platter! Come friends, let us be off."

Ahlgren blinked hard at that, turning down a god simply because you wanted to hunt the thing he'd forbidden from being hunted? Madness. He clenched his fists in rage and thought as he watched them pull away, and leave. As they turned to leave, a thought rose to the forefront of the god's mind, making him loosen up ever so slightly.

"... It seems you misunderstood me." Ahlgren said to himself, snapping his fingers to signal his 'hounds'. It sounded like thunder to the fleeing hunters, as his voice rose above the tree's behind them, "It's a pity, isn't it?! One so bold and stupid would make a fantastic worshiper! BRING HIS BONES BACK TO ME!"

Bending creatures of Forest to my will: DC7 [+2 Nature]

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Theodrid - Riverlands

"Stop it, please stop it!" The woman cried as her face was being shaped by the god, even the drunk patrons stopped their drinking and revelry to watch the strange sight. Interest soon turned to terror, all but the adventuring group began to scream and whimper. Only a god could do such things, and such a god would want worship. Well, he would get it from this group of mortals.

[hr]

Odanda - Border of Mortmire

The multitude of mindless mouth began to whisper. "Modanda... essersa... sferow... xe shir foveri... decoad wep..." It was utter nonsense, to put it simply. After all, the Mouths of Odanda had just taken form. Meanwhile, in the material realm, Swalsby commanded his men to do as the Whisperer had requested. He just hoped that it would work out...

[hr]

Nabesh'i - The Dustlands

He was struck with terror, surely the child from the stories was an innocent thing, devoid of worldly knowledge? At least, that was what he foolishly assumed and was now being punished for it. Maybe if he changed his tune, shie would stop? "My... apologies..." The traveler managed to spit out, "It was foolish of me... to believe a children's story... Forgive me."

[hr]

Raetic - Northlands

The word-god felt the ground rumble, again. He also felt the formation of limbs, again - the cause of said rumbling being the movement of the creature within the stony ground. Once again, there was a roar, but it was more triumphant this time. The Sunderspire Ursa didn't need to be pulled as it suddenly it leapt out of the ground, to fulfill the purpose it was created for.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

The Merchant Princes and the boy-king gasped as a crown appeared in a flash of light. Now the magpie's claims had some legitimacy, at least to those without divine sight. The crown looked somewhat dusty, but that was only to fool the mortals presents into thinking that it was the same crown that had fallen off a certain monarch's head years ago.

[hr]

Archon - Swansdale

Hissing noises could be heard as the mechanical arms when about their work. They grabbed whatever junk the sightless, thoughtless fingers could curl themselves round. Afterwards, the mechanical arms moved too quickly for anyone to see what was going on. That was revealed when they slowed to a halt, and with a *ding* their work was done, without a hitch.

[hr]

Syv - The Heartlands

Smythe had gone from a first-class courier with a mighty stead to a less-than-mighty stead of the mischief-god. However, he didn't have the capacity to object to that turn of fate, thanks to Svy's work. Speaking of Syv, it came across a lonesome tavern, one created to make money off weary travelers - with a stable! Smythe groaned and changed his course as he needed rest.

[hr]

Wolves howled, signalling the start of the manhunt. The forests seemed to empty themselves of animals as the swarm ran after the hunting party. As soon as they saw the rabid animals, the hunters drew their weapons and tried to cut down as many as they could. Nevertheless, there were at least forty. The hunters cried out as they were torn to pieces by fang and claw...

[hr]

Theodrid - Inspire a small group of mortals (less than 50) for the rest of their lives: [http://orokos.com/roll/139606]: 2d6+2 11
Odanda - Creating or altering a non-sentient species [http://orokos.com/roll/139607]: 2d6+4 10
Nabeshi'i - Inspire a single mortal for life [http://orokos.com/roll/139608]: 2d6+0 9
Raetic - Creating or altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant [http://orokos.com/roll/139609]: 2d6+2 9
Mhioden - Create/conjure up a -2 item [http://orokos.com/roll/139610]: 2d6+2 6
Archon - Creating a -2 magic item [http://orokos.com/roll/139611]: 2d6+2 13
Ahlgren - Bend the creatures of the forest to Ahlgren's will [http://orokos.com/roll/139616]: 2d6+2 8

The RNG smiles upon you! See ya all next week, btw.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Raetic - No-Man's-Land

"Hoooo!" Raetic cried, skipping back a few paces as a claw the approximate size of his torso nearly tore his head off. As he rose up into the air and as a monstrous roar split the air, the god displayed a mad grin. It looked like the second time around was the charm after all.

The Ursa ripped itself from the earth with primal fury, splitting rocks in twain without the slightest hint of effort. Its enormous, hulking form lifted into a standing position, and the beast let out a great howl towards the sun shining overhead. Guided by little more than raw instinct and purpose, it turned and began to lumber north, its keen senses already bent on tracking down prey to maim and slaughter.

While his creation lumbered off towards the horizon, Raetic simply watched in admiration. "Heh, I'm good," he muttered to himself, gathering his will to travel back to the village.

He'd need to let the Ursa run rampant for a while, allow it to really cause some carnage before dealing with it. He'd give a week or two. Which meant that, at least for now, he had some time to kill.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if I tried to set the mood a little bit...

Changing the weather temporarily: DC 7
Make the weather in the Northlands perpetually gloomy and rainy until the Sunderspire Ursa is slain.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Nabesh'i - The Dustlands

The child - no, she wasn't a child anymore... The goddess smirked. But was there enough shame in those eyes? Nabesh'i thought that a little more couldn't hurt. Yes... The only way to relieve yourself of it is just to push it onto others. Just as those stupid, ignorant villagers had done. Cruel words clawed her way into her mind, 'Remember, this is what you turned me into - I didn't ask for this. I didn't ask to be resurrected as this... this thing.' However, they served another purpose other than mentally mocking the man: Nabesh'i had to remind herself who she was. Not the daughter who ate human flesh with childlike innocence, but the girl who had been harassed over a simple misunderstanding.

After all, she wasn't a child anymore.

With divine strength, she pulled the traveler up. Nabesh'i stared into his wide eyes. "That's good enough for me, however, it is not for your ancestors. I am not just the incarnation of that silly little girl, but of their vengeance as well. They have marked you, and in return, I will do so as well!" Of course she knew, it was complete tosh. Regardless, while revenge was such a petty thing, it was somewhat enjoyable. Part of Nabesh'i told her that misusing her newfound power for petty acts of vengeance for something buried deep in the sands of the past was wrong - totally immoral. However, there was method to the madness: the mark would bring others to her. From the feeling she got when the man finally gave in, she assumed that more followers could only be a good thing.

Nabesh'i traced her mark upon him - a brand of shame - and waited to see if her idea would work.

Create a weak permanent enchantment (difficulty 7, immediate area of effect) DC: 9 - Bonus: +2 Shame

Dogmatic99

Jun 24, 2012
Theodrid - The Riverlands

"Oh hush now." The demon wearing Theodrid tutted. "You know back in the day people used to sell their neighbor's children to get this kind of treatment." It pulled its hand away, it's fingers bloodlessly sliding out from under her skin and resting it back where it should be, smoothing it over and not leaving a single trace of the horrific process that had just occurred.

The crowd of onlookers had started to get closer now. The village woman's face was in plain view now revealing the demon's handy work. She was stunning, it looked noble, graceful, regal in fact. It was reminiscent of the old paintings that hung in the halls of the nobility showing princess and naked women that jump out of the sea or get kidnapped by monsters because they were just so pretty. The demon was pretty sure that kid of look was still in style.

"Congratulations. Now go kill off your husband, you officially do better." It said flippantly before wandering off, not bothering to see her reaction or learn her name. It was still busy trying to think of a new one for itself. Most of them probably thought it was actually Theodrid. Suppose it'll do for now. Ugh, these meat sacks and their clearly defined genders.

And to make matters worse it (HE) had a stray piece of bone under HIS fingernail. He twirled the small shard between his fingers absentmindedly. The group of fighters, his first followers, followed along after him as he went in search of larger crowds. It was time to spread the word after all. The four adventurers had remained stalwart throughout the whole face-shaping moment but even they struggled to hide their horror at it. It was how casual their new benefactor had been about it that had really unnerved them and each was left wandering if it wasn't too late to back out of the bargain. Deep down they knew it was.

It was scab that noticed it first. That the bone shard was getting bigger, curving outwards. Theodrid didn't seem to notice. He was busy surveying the village. This wasn't what he was hoping to start with but it could work. A villge made a nice foundation before he moved onto the proper lordlings. For now it would settle with finding the town center. Humble beginnings could lead to great things after all. All these plebs needed was the proper time and care. Meanwhile it was wearing one end of the bone away into something which might have resembled a hilt.

Creating a -2 or worse magic item. DC 5 Bonus + 2 Flesh: Create a bone blade. Just like it sounds, a sword made of living bone.

EmperorZuma

Jul 16, 2009
Archon - Swansdale

Archon's now-trademark smile creeped up his face once more as he saw his gift completed. "Ah, a perfect tool for you, Rickon!" The god grasped his new creation and turned on one heel, offering the staff to the boy. "With it you shall taste a sample of my own power!"

Rickon inched forward and tentatively took the staff from Archon. At first he did not know what to do with it, looking back at his gift's creator with a puzzled expression. "So, how do I use it?"

"Let your imagination run wild, my boy! Just focus you mind, make a clear picture, and let the staff do the rest." Rickon nodded as he closed his eyes. Soon, ethereal energy began to flow to the gear at the top of the staff, and suddenly, as if shooting out of a tiny portal, a mechanized songbird appeared! It tweeted a few notes and flew around the boy, but it quickly disintegrated after the first few passes. "You must keep your focus." Archon preempted what he knew would be the boy's next question. "The power of the staff can only sustain what it makes so long as you hold focus. Why don't you practice here while I got take care of some other things?"

With a parting nod from Rickon, who quickly resumed his stance of focus, Archon ascended back up to the higher floors of the tower, finally having the free time to check in on Hawke. The bird had returned a little while ago, perching obediently by the window, but the commotion from earlier kept Archon from addressing his pet until now. "Ah, so what wonders did you see on your return trip?" Archon adjusted his monoggle to review what Hawke had seen, if only out of curiosity.

However, in his review, he happened upon a stunning development. The divine being he had observed before ensnarling a dog had come across one of his messengers, Smythe, and converted him! "Dammit, Smythe, why did you have to go messing with something that obviously wasn't human?!"

Archon's face distorted into one of distress when he realized that the god was following the path Smythe rode on, it was coming here! An event Archon would've found joyous turned to one of dread, because what Archon had seen of the god so far did not paint it in a good light. Once the playback was finished, Archon sat in his chair and thought of what disaster this god could bring down on his plans. "If only..." Archon mutter out loud, thinking of possibilities to extend his reach before the god came. "...ah...worth a shot!" Suddenly coming upon inspiration, Archon summoned his mechanical arms to assist in modifying Hawke.

The bird did not seem to like his chest being pulled open and devices being stuffed inside, but soon settled down after realizing that there was nothing it could do to break free (along with the fact that it wasn't feeling pain). "Now...if I adjust these two things here, a saddle should pop up too!"

Altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant (Giving Hawke the ability to grow into a much larger size). DC:7 [+2 Magical Artifice]

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Odanda, The Sunderspire Mountains

"The troops have been diverted, my lady," said Swalsby. They were sitting in a replica of the throne room in Harrowgate. Swalsby's throne had been replaced with one much grander, upon which the Whisperer sat. Swalsby knelt before her. "I fear how the Spirites will react. They'll hardly welcome an army marching through their lands with open arms."

"Don't worry, Swalsby. By the time the men arrives, the way will be well paved."

The lord sighed. "I hope so. The Spirites are a hardy bunch. Fighting a war against a god is bad enough. I don't want the wrath of the Mountains on my head."

"Plans are, as always, in motion. You are dismissed." The construct dissolved into the vortex, and Odanda found herself swarmed by her Mouths.

"Mother," they whispered, hundreds of them, thousands of them, flying circles around her, darting close to say their piece, all whispering the same: "Mother, Odanda, dreamer, dream, Lady, the Lady, Whisperer, mother, mother, mother."

Odanda laughed. "I see the First Dreamer has been teaching you well."

Upon the mention of the First Dreamer, they switched their tone. " Dreamer, dream, mortal, immortal, power, wealth, love, desires, all your heart's desires, fame, fortune, all your heart's power fame love desire hearts, open your hearts open your minds open your dreams the most beautiful dreams, all your heart's desires."

Odanda frowned. "Though not well enough, apparently." She flung her arms down into the vortex. "Back down you go! There's work to be done!" And the mouths obeyed, spiraling down and disappearing into the fabric of the collective unconscious with a thousand small pops.

Odanda gazed at the spot where they had once been for a moment more, and then flew up, into the sea of lights that was the mortal world. Tonight, she found herself in the city of Reapak, at the base of Skyjagg Peak. She would need the support of the Reapakians if her army were to pass safely through even a portion of the mountains. And so she searched for a mortal of higher standing, one who could ensure both sanctuary and passage. Her many arms sifted through the lights, peering into each in the hope of finding a candidate.

Find a mortal capable of hiding from you - DC:7 [+4 Dreams]

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
The Heartlands

?You useless...!?

Syv?s sigh could almost be heard all the way over at the town its less than loyal steed was making his way towards. The expression on the tiny god?s face was anything but amused with the turn of events. It didn?t much care for this Smythe being fatigued; it needed to reach Swansdale as quickly as possible. It was the entire reason it had bestowed upon the courier a vision of its true self as well as giving him the lovely mark of his new god. That privilege belonged to him alone and Smythe was acting as though Syv had unleashed some sort of eldritch horror into his mind.

?I?ve half a mind to do it, too!? the god yelled out in frustration at the courier, finishing its thought aloud.

The man winced at the verbal abuse but said nothing of it, continuing to gibber to himself under his breath about incoherent nothings. His reaction was unsatisfying for the Mischief Maker, mostly because it didn?t solve its problem. Syv was now faced with the very real issue of either having to stop for the night or find some other mode of transportation and neither felt like an appropriate response. With a quick kick of both its legs, the god brought its steed to a halt, who was now gasping for air in his exhausted state. Clearly there were some breeding issues the god would have to sort out later.

?Now how are you going to make up this absolute blunder to me, hmm?? Syv grilled, staring down Smythe with a look of clear dissatisfaction in his performance.

?Teeth and hands? SO many teeth and hands?? the man replied, jittering violently as he hunched himself over and wrapped his arms around his body, almost as if he was trying to hug himself for comfort.

?Of course! Why didn?t I think of that?? the god exclaimed.

In a flash the god?s cloak was thrown open, keeping what was underneath away from prying eyes. It didn?t take long before a figure began to emerge, the glossy chestnut colour of Smythe?s mare shimmering in the moonlight. The horse was crazed, turning its head in odd ways and looking fairly perturbed for what it had experienced. It didn?t look very serviceable, considering its erratic behaviour, but the tiny god didn?t seem terribly bothered by it in the slightest. In fact, it seemed quite pleased with its work as that tell-tale grin appeared on its face.

?Perfect, good as new. Maybe even better?! Now, let?s get outta here.?

[hr]

Swansdale

CRASH!!!

Not a moment of peace had passed for the artificer god before a brilliant chestnut steed had forced its way through the front door of his magnificent tower. Astride the majestic beast were two figures, both familiar. In the lead was Syv, god of mischief and all things entertaining to itself. Straddling the steed behind it was poor Smythe, looking worse than ever as he held onto the midget god for dear life, still muttering under his breath which had become an unsettling white noise at this point. Up and up the tower they rode until reaching Archon, sitting at a workbench, diligently working away at his newlest project. Not an inch from his figure, the god reared the horse without hesitation, the mare neighing with all her might as if to make the tower shake with their announced presence. When the maneuver completed itself, Syv simply stared at the other god with wide eyes and a grin that covered his entire lower face. It was indeed pleased.

"Hi!" it chirped out, almost too eager to see the other of its kind. "I'm Syv! Who're y-"

The god stopped for a moment, looking oddly perplexed for no real reason. It had begun to feel this slight vibration and hear this dampened buzzing coming from the back of its head. Was this one of Archon's tricks or something entirely different? Instinctively, Syv began to search through his thoughts until it reached the Aether and found a small glowing orb awaiting it. Intrigued by the development, the god quickly shuffled over and touched it, release the power held within in a magnificent display only meant for it.

Within real space, the god had become stalk still and began screaming at the top of its lungs as the message came through...

"INBOX: SYVARUUHZ

YOU HAVE ONE NEW MESSAGE. TO PLAY THIS MESSAGE, PRESS O-

MESSAGE SENT, YESTERDAY, AT, FOUR, THIRTY-SEVEN, P, M.

"HEY~ SYVY~! IT'S ME, MHIODEN, MAIDEN OF SECRETS. LIKE, I'M NOT APPRECIATING YOUR LITTLE LIGHT SHOW; IT ISN'T IMPRESSING ANYONE, KAY? NOT LIKE MY NEW LITTLE KINGEY-POO ON HIS THRONE HERE IN SILVERDOCK. TOTES GONNA MESS YOU UP IF YOU EVER TRY AND COME HERE. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT COME TO THE FISHERLANDS, OR I'M GONNA END YOU. TEE HEE! LATER, LOSER. CIAO!"

END OF MESSAGE. TO DELETE THIS ME-

MESSAGE, ERASED.

END OF NEW MESSAGES...

As the message faded away into the ethereal, Syv pulled its mind back from the Aether. A look of confusion was smeared across its face, whether from the message or how it had been delivered one couldn't be too sure. It was as if it had tasted something terrible and it couldn't wash the after-taste from its own mouth. Soured by the experience, it could only stare blankly into nothing as the god reflected upon it.

"Well, that was...interesting...and weird...and strange... and- Oh~ was'sat?!"

Syv's mood immediately changed from confusion to excitement as it noticed Archon had been working away at some doo-hickey or whizz-bang. The three had come uncomfortably close now, trying to peer over the artificer's shoulders and head in an attempt to view the creation. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't been shifting their gaze so much, heads bobbing every which way as they jockeyed for the best view.

Annoy the shit out of Archon: DC 0 (+4 Trickery)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011

"My my... a waste. Good boy." Ahlgren studied the bone a wolf had gifted to him, as per his order, as he patted his matted bloody fur. Healthy victim, he supposed. Could've been a good follower, alas... some are just blind to reason. Ahlgren threw the bone over his shoulder, hearing the sound of the another wolf snatching it in mid air and gnawing on it. The god smiled as he began walking off.

He needed more followers, to have more power, of that he knew. If only beasts could follow him like men should, then the world would be so much better! Or, at least in his eyes, perhaps the greedy and "Civilized" would take issue, but there was no reason to sit still, atrophy in a place at the expense of the world around you!

Ahlgren groaned, Sunderspire was his home... he retreated to his forest, for a quick nap.

Very short monologue.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
Mhioden - Silverdock

A crown for a king, a crown for a fool, a crown for a puppet drawn in by the magpie's schemes. The princes discord had ceased, and all stood in wonder of the wonderless crown. Mhioden's prince now had a a crown, but there was still the ceremony to complete. It would not do just to smuggle him to power, to have the citizens who had not taken up their banner to have a king crowned under their noses. They must all know of who will lead them and who they will be following. She had the merchant princes in her grasp; they would organise a the coronation.

"I have provided the crown," She chirped, "You will provide the throne."

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Raetic - No-Man's-Land

The heavens rumbled, and both thunder and Ursa roared. The pitter-platter of rain soon accompanied the fearsome percussion of nature and the divine, driving the sun away. No doubt the villagers took that as an ill omen of what was to come. Nevertheless, the would-be heroes wouldn't let a bit of bad weather dampen their spirits or their washing...

[hr]

Nabesh'i - The Dustlands

The robed traveler shriek as the mark emerged, almost like it was there, hidden beneath the skin, to begin with. Still, the amount of pain was... incredible. It was like being branded but not with a simple fire poker. No, it was like if the oppressive heat of the desert sun was concentrated over a small surface area. But it was too much, and he died.

[hr]

Theodrid - The Riverlands

The woman caught her reflection in a puddle and smiled - maybe she was now good-looking enough to marry into the nobility. However, the world would soon teach her that wasn't enough. She would only be a treat, as opposed to the main meal. Regardless, the irritant soon grew and grew. Though, one might call it a horn with a hilt, rather than a sword. It was bone, not metal, after all.

[hr]

Archon (and Syv too!) - Swansdale

Even with the three uninvited guests, the artificer-god worked as diligently as ever on his pet bird or, more realistically, his giant surveillance device. With a few tweaks, Hawke's size capacity increased. As Archon had said, a saddle popped up with a mechanical *hiss*. A similar sound came from a cat, frustrated with the magical, but short-lived, bird-like things Rickon was conjuring.

[hr]

Odanda - The Sunderspire Mountains

The almost Hekatonkheire-like Odanda came across a battle-hardened woman, deep in the solace of sleep. There was no doubt about her status as rich, lavish fur-lined robes covered her and she was adorned with silver jewellery. Not to mention her regal air. After all, Lady Alexis took her role as queen-regent very seriously.

[hr]

The sounds of nature didn't seem to bother the forest-god, not even the roars of predators or screaks of the birds-of-prey in the sky seemed to bother Ahlgren. The forest was his domain, after all. Speaking of which, the beauty of the woods were only matched by nature's - or Ahlgren's - ferocity, especially in the summertime as bluebells framed the god's body.

[hr]

Mhioden - Silverdock

Agostino laughed heartily at the magpie's remark and drummed his fingers on the table, "Of course. Well then, we'd best get things going!" He snapped his fingers and a servant appeared with an abacus, a quill along with an ink pot and some paper on a tray. He placed them on the table and left as soon as he had entered. Agostino then asked, "So, will you leave to us?"

[hr]

Raetic - Changing the weather temporarily [http://orokos.com/roll/141273]: 2d6+0 8
Nabesh'i - Create a weak permanent enchantment [http://orokos.com/roll/141278]: 2d6+2 7
Theodrid - Creating a -2 or worse magic item [http://orokos.com/roll/141288]: 2d6+2 11
Archon - Altering a one-off living creature smaller than an elephant [http://orokos.com/roll/141292]: 2d6+2 14
Odanda - Find a mortal capable of hiding from you [http://orokos.com/roll/141297]: 2d6+4 12