Peaceful World of Warcraft Player Hits Max Level Without Kills

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Peaceful World of Warcraft Player Hits Max Level Without Kills

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to kill a single foe in World of Warcraft to hit level 85.

Fighting enemies is a big part of World of Warcraft [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Battle-Chest-Mac/dp/B000H96C9M/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1302464993&sr=1-2]. It even has "war" right there in the name, so you'd think whipping out a sword or spell from time to time to roast an evil turtle would be a requirement. Alas, it isn't, as a player recently hit the current level max of 85 without killing a single virtual foe.

Night Elf Druid Everbloom of the Feathermoon server pulled the feat off by only engaging in gathering professions and exploring, which both offer experience points of their own. She, who may or may not actually be a he, took on mining, herbalism, and archaeology, in addition to traveling to every possible nook and cranny of the game's world. Everbloom wrote on the Blizzard forums that she's been playing World of Warcraft since the day it was released back in 2004, and still discovered new landmarks in her quest.

Everbloom hit level 85 after dying just 25 times, though she absorbed 3,000,000 damage along the way too. She says she chose a Night Elf Druid for its healing abilities, rooting abilities (which can freeze enemies in place), and flight transformation.

If you're skeptical, a visit to Everbloom's profile [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/everbloom/simple] clearly proves that she has no kills, and only completed 1 quest by accident when she opened a letter that came in the (virtual) mail. She plans to do it again, but without opening her mail this time.

Source: PC Gamer [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2353107047?page=1]

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
I'm reminded of the time that someone asked for more vegan recipes on the WoW forums.

The immediate response was "that would be great, if, y'know, the whole game didn't revolve around killing things".

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
That is unreal. I tip my hat to this woman and her feat.

Still, it's also proof that any good businessman or woman can do as well as the guy who fries enemy brains.

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
This puts the "Role Playing" in "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game."

I personally don't play WoW, but this is pretty cool. Shows that even pacifists can be as good as anyone in a game.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Bravo! Very stellar effort. I'm sure after the fifth death I'd probably snap and start getting the most kill-crazy quests I could get. :p

That said, I wouldn't discount that one quest if doing it without any kills was the goal. not every quest requires you to kill stuff, so the goal of pacifism still is there.

Stevey M

Technobabbler
Feb 11, 2009
That's quite the feat. Good effort on her part... I don't nearly have the patience to attempt something like that.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
Hmmm, I would really suggest that s/he plays something like RuneScape instead. That's a game where you truly don't ever have to kill anything and aren't punished for it.

sevensins44

Mar 4, 2010
What a coincidence I got to lvl 85 while only killing things.
But on a serious note that is an amazing feat

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
This is kind of cool. I would never do it. But it is cool.

HerbertTheHamster said:
Why would you do that

Seriously
To see if you could? Or to prove that it could be done? You can actually get decent experience from gathering. Still, it would take a VERY long time.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Ten bucks says that this Everbloom person is actually Hideo Kojima...or Vash the Stampede.

lonelydays17

Nov 3, 2009
That's some insane dedication. *claps*
Wow. It's incredible! It shows you don't have to kill every single thing to have fun.