pen or the sword

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Kogarian said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
You can't decapitate somebody with a pen.
That is all.
I'm sure if you worked at it long enough, eventually you would.
Even with a weapon design to decapitate someone you can have trouble doing so. In some cases it took over 40+ chops of an executioners ax on a pedestal designed for it to chop off a head. The practice was the reason the French invented the guillotine it was tame by comparison.

There is this thing called bone which runs through a persons neck, makes it very hard to cut through unless you happen to hit just right and just level enough, and with just enough force to get your blade to work between them. Sword decapitations would pretty much not happen, unless you really worked at it. A pen would be even less likely even if you worked at it.

Sadly this is another case where Hollywood has let everyone down. In their zeal to sensationalize everything they have given many unrealistic expectations of what can and cannot be done.

As far as on topic is concerned:

Should someone walk up and punch me I would fight. Not for the fact that I was looking for a fight, those days are behind me. A person walking up and punching another is in the mood to fight, and is going to have one. Even if they where just trying to act tough I have to assume that he is in fact trying to start a fight and is willing to carry on regardless of my actions.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehZjjwb7-I

why didn't any one think of this. This shows the pen is superior than the sword. (even though it was a pencil!)

edit-use this link instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ABvkq62sk

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
depends. if he is smaller than me I would caution him that his actions were foolish and ask him if it was a result of 1.drunkenness 2.little man syndrome 3.a dare or 4. to impress his woman.
if it was 3 id give him kudos for guts. and knock his ass out. if 4 I might take a fall for him, depending on how hot the chick was. If one or two, I would take him to the ground, put him in a kumora, and make him cry.

If he was bigger than me, he gets no warnings. he should freaking know better. I go sambo and rip his ear off and ground and pound him.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I am a fan of words and I loathe violence, its why people like me and tha is also why people know there is no point in even trying to get me to fight you... Its not gonna happen, mum. XD

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
Does it really matter which between the pen and the sword? You can stab a person with either.

Cerity

Jun 7, 2009
Darkblazer said:
How many people do you know that get stunned or dazed when you whip out a thesaurus during a conversation?
I do every time and I win. I is word ninja!

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
The pen is truly mightier.
The problem is that many people don't seem to understand the meaning of "The pen is mightier than the sword". They think it means that a pen has more DPS.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Use the pen to write out a warranty for carrying a sword about. Have him arrested and then rig the Jury to give him the death sentence.

Or just do the JFK thing and confuse him with really long words (That's actually a really effective technique actually).