Pennsylvania Man Swipes Nintendo DS From Disabled Child

Bob the frantic

Sep 5, 2009
I could make a horrible joke right now, but since this is really serious, I will restrain myself.

Why would someone want to do that? Stealing from a disabled kid? That's just horrible

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Talk about stealing candy from a baby....

I would problably do matter by my own hands.... i have a great friend of mine thats in the same condition (but is older), but instead of a DS he has a PSP, and loved Gran Turismo Games....

So yeah if someone did that to my friend, i think i would definitly do matter by my own hands.... bash the bastard with a bat or something, for stealing to little kids.... even worst a disabled little kid... and when the cops came to get me, i would simply say "Twas worth it"...

standokan

May 28, 2009
Ah well, let's hope the kid got a cool game out of it or something, and may the guy get struck by lightning.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Kick the man in the balls. Repeatedly.

Stealing from a child? Horrible. Cowardly.
Stealing from a disabled child? That goes beyond deplorable.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
Wow, a Gamestop actually did something positive!
At least they caught the guy. Stuff like this usually goes unpunished.

If you need an even better karmatic pick me up, check this out:
http://www.king5.com/news/local/DonatioDonation-jar-thief-hit-by-bus-in-Seattlen-jar-thief-hit-by-bus-in-Seattle-121787894.html

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
I worked at a gamestop in Philly and Let me tell you, I personally counted 18 times Cops was called in to investigate our Inventory over a stolen game, console or anything else.

I am happy to admit in being involve with catching some punk who did it to a boy with special needs. Cops came in looking for the man, and I told them to wait up, while I call the man back to the store; with the reason the Xbox was damaged and we needed to refund the money.

He walk back in and the cops arrested on the spot.
Nice.

OT: The nice thing about sociopaths that don't give any thought to how their actions affect others is that sometimes they don't give any thought to how their actions affect themselves either, and do stupid things like steal from people who know them in places and times that narrow the suspect list down to pretty much just them.

I'm not sure the term "evil" applies to them though. True, they are despicable to the point where one often wonders if execution would really be all that uncalled for, but they are despicable in the way that a malarial mosquito or lyme-carrying tick is. They are destructive, but a sense of morality is completely foreign to them. They just do what they do and the best thing to do is identify them and separate them from the society that they are not equipped to deal with.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
At first, this sort of bothered me.

But then I remembered this. [http://www.babydestruction.com/]

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Wow, you've got to be a pretty big piece of shit to do something like that. Glad they caught him and returned it now.

I wonder how people can do things like this, I really don't know how they do.

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
Grayjack said:
Wow. That's just.... fucked up.
Your avatar made me laugh while reading the post.

Anyway, man, I'd hate to be his lawyer. Imagine trying to defend a person like that.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Philosophers have long conjectured that man is basically good. They obviously never met Derrick Durant.
To try reduce it to a pithy comment: Mankind is basically good. Men aren't.

Society relies on cooperation to function. Most people cooperate. But any system that relies on cooperation has a failure state: An individual defecting can gain for themselves more than they would get by cooperating. Problem is, writing a book on this right now [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons]. (Interestingly enough, he points out that not all defectors are bad, nor all cooperators good.)

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Anyone else find it weird that the dad refers to his son as "that kid"? Seems like a very odd way to put it. Dare I say it sounds cold and distant, to me at least. The whole sentence sounds even worse.

"We've been nice to that kid."

It sounds like they had to try to be nice to him, and not have it come naturally as a father.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
BrunDeign said:
Anyone else find it weird that the dad refers to his son as "that kid"? Seems like a very odd way to put it. Dare I say it sounds cold and distant, to me at least. The whole sentence sounds even worse.

"We've been nice to that kid."

It sounds like they had to try to be nice to him, and not have it come naturally as a father.
Yeah, that made me pause while I was reading it too.

Anyway, it's not that big a deal. I mean, he obviously wanted revenge, and he could have done much worse than take the kid's handheld. Even if the cops didn't get it back, surely his parents would have bought him a new one. I just... can't bring myself to care that much. I don't understand the people who are acting like this guy is the scourge of the earth. Sure, it was petty and spiteful of him, presumably because he had a bad break up with the kid's sister, but it's not appalling.