People my age arn't mature enough.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
immature is the wrong word here....

the word "fucking asshole dumbass who proves every day consistently that they have NO right to live" at least, thats how i feel about this one kid who apends his entire day being a douche

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
JaymesFogarty said:
Gilbert Munch said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Novskij said:
Oh look people full of ego thinking their so much more mature than everyone else.
They're. Your welcome.
On topic, people aren't always mature. It's a peculiar side affect of life, but there you go.
You're and Effect. You're welcome.

It's usually a good idea to make sure your right before you criticise someone else.

Yes, I know
Shit, I've looked upon millions of people that try to be ironic on the internet and think, "tossers!" But when I try it, I realise that it is indeed really fucking hard. Sorry about that, tried and failed miserably to be ironic. Sorry!
If only you'd invested in a Sarcmark, we wouldn't be in this pickle!

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
I'm 24 and act like I'm 14 most of the time, being immature seems, and normally is, more fun. I'm mature when I need to be, otherwise I'm not.

Why does everyone rush to be mature, you're only young once, I get frowned upon for being immature frequently, you, nobody will look twice, enjoy it.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Out of curiosity, isn't there an age resistriction on being a member of The Escapist?

OT: Worry about maturity when you're older. Why is everyone in such a hurry to grow up? I'd kill to get even one of those years back.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Gilbert Munch said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Novskij said:
Oh look people full of ego thinking their so much more mature than everyone else.
They're. Your welcome.
On topic, people aren't always mature. It's a peculiar side affect of life, but there you go.
You're and Effect. You're welcome.

It's usually a good idea to make sure your right before you criticise someone else.

Yes, I know
Shit, I've looked upon millions of people that try to be ironic on the internet and think, "tossers!" But when I try it, I realise that it is indeed really fucking hard. Sorry about that, tried and failed miserably to be ironic. Sorry!
If only you'd invested in a Sarcmark, we wouldn't be in this pickle!
Ah, I see what you mean. However, I think those spoiler boxes would be more appropriate for me on this site. How do you use them? (Sorry, I've been on the Escapist quite a while, and I still don't know how to do one.)

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
I used to be mature.

Then I realised how boring it was and started being awesome instead.

In all seriousness, I was very immature during middle school (because my middle school years were terrible) but thanks to roleplaying and the company of very cool, mature and just plain awesome kids at my highschool, I quickly became mature.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
shewolf51 said:
Yeah, I'm 21 and most people my age act like they're 14. Only now they have the ability to legally drink themselves silly. Alcohol+ immaturity= BAD
23 and I know 25 year olds that make me look 50 in maturity (and i dunno how to take that lol)

Primate

PROBATION
Mar 2, 2010
ocdblackmage said:
Dideriksen said:
SimuLord said:
At 13 I thought I was a man ready to take on the world and all the little kids around me were stuck in childhood.

At 32 I look back on myself and think "what a dumbass kid."
Ain't that the truth ;)

ONTOPIC :the older you get, the more you will look back at your "former" self, and think you were immature when you were younger.
Don't forget, you will learn things your entire life, with each passing moment, you will become more and more mature ;)

just you wait and see, when you are 18, you will think you were just as much of an immature kid like everyone else at the age of 13, so... my conclusion? meh, were all children of men ;)
Being only 20, I can look back and realize how dumb I was, and I have no doubt that in 5 years, I will look back and realize how dumb I am now. Trust me OP, things like that get better with age.
my point exactly! cheers for clearing it up ;)

Mogsworth

Nov 24, 2008
Koganesaga said:
Are not most teenagers pop culture whores? That's how anyone who was considered popular behaved, like a spoiled little shit, who felt they were god's gift to the world and were entitled to everything. Best example I can think of, some little shit is using one of those extending rulers (not measuring tape, it's a wooden thing that folds out) and he was poking the kids who were trying to sleep (it was a bus that had kids up at 4-5 in the morning so they could commute to a better school) and nobody stepped in, they just went along with is and laughed. One day, one of the kids seemed to get tired of the shit, and took the ruler away from him, and the kid flipped shit like he was the victim, as if he had done nothing wrong and this kid is suddenly picking on him, and all the other kids agreed with him. A blatant lie yet nobody disagrees, they just mindlessly being used like tools builds to build a house of mental confusion. Apparently this kid had to be sent away for social conditioning because he couldn't begin to grasp why these things are good and acceptable, despite him having a mature perspective and a sense of right from wrong. Basically I'm saying kids are stupid, very very stupid, but no matter how stupid it is, its always right even if the opposing force is actually the just cause.
That's more a condemnation of selfish/bratty behavior than pop culture whores. Your first statement was towards one kind of people that shows its presence across all age groups, not just younger groups, and the second statement is more towards the younger teen age group. Don't try to call them one and the same, that just makes you look arrogant. Both are not desirable, but they're not the same type of people.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
psrdirector said:
madbird-valiant said:
When I was 13 I could spell "aren't" correctly.
how ever clearly your still immature
"However, clearly you're still immature" is what you meant to say. :p I'm just teasing.

People are never "mature enough" at your age, whatever that may be. Get used to it.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
IQuarent said:
-Orgasmatron- said:
Maybe you're too mature.
Please define "too mature"... (Not trying to be rude, just want to understand what you mean)
I meant that thirteen is a young age so you may aswel balls about and be a kid and not be worrying about maturity.

I remember in school there would always be a group of kids who would always try and convince themselves and everyone else they were so very mature by doing things like only hanging out at coffee shops, not laughing and not getting their shoes dirty. They seemed to think they were the shit at the time, I never saw the appeal myself.

evilwhiteboy

Mar 4, 2010
I was that loner kid because i was raised to be over mature. Then i hit Middle shool and then i turned into a compulsive, violent, and laughed everytime someone said shaft or firm type of kid.

Jul 5, 2009
I'm still a child of 10 in the body of a 17 year old, as you can tell from my wonderful spelling.
But from my experiance, kids try to act as grown up as they can as early as they can.
I know several kids at 13 and 14 who go out and get pissed quite often.
Stuped kids.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
I'm 14. And according to the immature people I must attend my rotting public school with, I act 27. Whilst they act like high 3 year olds. Hmm.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Oddly, one cannot judge his own maturity, or state of awareness. When very tired, we precieve ourselves as only mildly tired and still quiet functional. We can attempt to do work but at a latter time will find it incorrect and often crazy even though at the time we felt it was correct. You can't judge your own maturity either. It has to be judged for you. That said, there actually seems to be a drop in maturity around 13 or 14 when adolescence must begin to deal with hormones. There is only gradual increase in maturity until late teens and twenties when people are forced to live on there own, at which time the world tends to sober them up a bit. It possible that you are more mature then your group but you really should realize that many immature people consider themselves too good or too "mature" for there group.

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
Everyone thinks they're mature, but there's always something about them that says otherwise that they're completely unaware of.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Define "Mature". Does it simply mean how far along you are on the trip from cradle to grave, or does it mean how willing you are to do as others ask you? Is maturity a measure of how quickly you can stop yourself from punching a person you don't like, or a fancy way of saying "lifeless tightwad"? I've heard that word used numerous ways, and to this very day I can't decide which use is correct. In my experience-- and you should take this with a grain of salt-- maturity is a measure of how willing you are to enjoy yourself, with the most mature of us being the ones who have the worst times.

To that extent, I'm about as mature as a helium-addled zygote.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
AverageJoe said:
You're 13...

You're not mature.

No, don't try and prove to me that you are, you're not. You might think you are, but you're wrong. Lots of kids go through this stage, I did too, when you're a little older you'll realise you weren't nearly as mature as you believed yourself to be.
You're far to condescending, don't assert your beliefs on others please; I find it somewhat offensive.