People whose names that seem there parents didn't think over

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
I'm saving this thread for 11.11.2011. I REALLY want to know how many Dovahkiins there are going to be out there. As big a geek as I am for the Elder Scrolls, I would not do that to my kid.

SwimmingRock said:
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.
Also if it's the latter, I'd love to meet this family. And I'm probably going to start this tradition in my family. Hell, I'd put it up to a vote: Choose a name, then we all change to that.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
My mom works at an elementary school, so she sees a lot of names spelled ridiculously. Shyanne, Kole, Katelynd...stupid parents. Oh, and I once heard of a kid whose last name was Hunter so his parents named him Bounty.

Nexis01

Nov 26, 2009
there is a woman in australia, old woman, started a popular womans magazine here, anyways her name is Ita Buttrose... cracks me up to no end every single time i see her name... she goes by the pronunciation 'eye-da but-trose', but she isnt tricking anyone by trying to pronounce it fancy....

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
My surname's Butcher so I got a lot of stick in school for it - though fortunately they settled on Simon as a first name rather than Kris, not funny like most in the thread, just awful.

I intend to remedy the situation though by naming any child I sire as "The" (like the guitar player in U2). Should help them grow up to be a well rounded person and if not, perfect for newspaper headlines.

(by the way if anyone reads this thinks I'm serious, don't worry - I plan on never having kids)

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I don't know any funny names, but if I ever get a girl, I wanna make her first name Aurora (common, so nothing suspicious about that). BUT! Her middle name would be Borealis. Aurora B. *last name* Aurora Borealis. That would be cool.

Alarieliia

Mar 18, 2011
And i thought being named after a cartoon mermaid was bad. Wow some of these names i wouldn't give to a hamster.

Also I new a girl in High School called Malaria. Not as bad a Chlamydia but damn, what went through her parents minds?

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
SwimmingRock said:
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.
That sounds like my family, though it is more of a tradition. In my family, the name "Ray" is used very commonly. My father, grandfather, great uncle, and I all have the first name "Ray" and my cousin Steve and his son both have "Ray" as their middle names. It is sort of tradition in my specific line of the family for the first son to be named "Raymond" with a middle name that starts with the letter "G."

OT: I don't know anyone with that sort of name, but my dad was originally going to name me after Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Paige by spelling my first name like Jimi Hendrix and make my middle name "Paige."

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
IP

My initials.

You can tell my mother had a long labour can't you?

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
DSD12 said:
I saw this AVGN episode once and one of the developers of the game he was reviewing was was named Fred Fuchs

I am not joking cracks me up all the time
If you're that easy to please...
Go here: http://www.dastelefonbuch.de , type "Fuchs" in the field titled "Wer/Was" and knock yourself out.

OT: I know of nothing too interesting (to non-German speakers), but there are still a few people around with names like Hietler or Hittler, so that's kinda funny, I guess.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
JochemDude said:
Some trucker living down the road has named his son, 'Diesel boy' I'm not kidding.
That is just so fricking tragic it makes my head spin... Thats like naming yer son "Gizmoquack" or "Texas Ranger".

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Didn't some famous woman name her baby Apple? I can't remember who it was, but I remember thinking, "Oh, that poor kid when they grow up."
that would be Chris Martin (of Coldplay fame) and whoever his wife is. their kids are called apple and moses.

my girlfriends little brother is called kevin. Which does not sound as weird but you do NOT call your child Kevin in Germany, it's kinda a cliche for how people with little education give their children american-sounding names and those kids will have a harder time in school because of their name. If one guy is called Kevin and the other kid is called Friedrich and both hand in the exact same piece of work in 99% of cases Kevin will get worse marks because his name is Kevin.

Dec 14, 2008
Some poor kid that went to this after school program with me was named Gabe Butts(I'm not sure if thats how he actually spelt it, but it sounded like that).

Remote-Control

May 16, 2011
these aren't the worst names ever they're just very lazy ones:

A-jay
B-jay
C-jay
D-jay
E-jay

all went to the same school as I did
sometimes even wore matching clothes :S

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Pinkamena said:
I don't know any funny names, but if I ever get a girl, I wanna make her first name Aurora (common, so nothing suspicious about that). BUT! Her middle name would be Borealis. Aurora B. *last name* Aurora Borealis. That would be cool.
Try to make the last name start with "C" for massive acid damage.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
Vin Diesel? Some good movies, some bad movies, terrible name. Engelbert Humperdinck, though that's not his birth name (yeah someone changed his name to Englebert Humperdinck).

Personally, my brother had one of those androgynous names.