People whose names that seem there parents didn't think over

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Are there people you know, or heard about someone whose name wouls seem like it was a joke, or there parents didn't seem to think over?

There were 2 kids at the high school I graduated from who had the most inappropriate names if said quickly. Both were named Michael, but refered to be called Mike. Their last names were Hunt and Hawk, so you can see what I mean.

Is there anyone that you know who has a name that seems like their parents didn't think over?

This is my second thread.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.

the spud

May 2, 2011
I saw a guy in the phone book named Peter lichs. No joke.

American Mcgee is a pretty stupid name as well.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
Anybody named "Dick", espicaly a guy I know named "Dick Glover", say that really fast :)

pigmypython

Jan 15, 2010
I new a girl named Crystal, middle name Shandel, last name Lier. When said together you get Crystal chandelier...nice joke. I'm sure the girl might have thought it was funny if she wasn't incessantly picked on...

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
I don't know how much thought they put into the name, but my cousin went to school with a girl named Le-ah. Now you might have have read that as Leia or Leea, but your wrong. It's pronounced Le-dash-ah, as in you say the dash. I still hold that name as the most tacky name I've ever heard.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
My ex-girlfriend and her old boyfriend(she gets around...) named their son Valle. If you're Swedish you instantly make connections to the word "balle", which is slang for penis. It's also not a name that will fit on anyone above the age of 10.

The poor kid will have a living hell in school.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
There is a girl starting at my old high school next year called Chlamydia.

I'm not even joking.

Blue_vision

Elite Member
Mar 31, 2009
SwimmingRock said:
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.
I guess you could say that their family's... *puts on sunglasses*... full of dicks.
-YEAHHHH-

OT: Unfortunately, I haven't come across anyone who's got a joke name.

bkdlsf89990

Mar 11, 2009
It wasn't a given name, but I knew a guy whose last name was pronounced "semen." I'm assuming it was spelled "seaman" or something. Still didn't help when his name was called out in class.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
There was a girl whose name was Laura Methy, and she once joked around how it would be somewhat funny, but also really sad, if her parents had named her or her sister Crystal.

GruntOwner

Feb 22, 2009
Richard Miller. For some obscure reason, they ended up calling him Rex in college. Apparently he reminded them of a dinosaur.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
While I may not know any myself. Pretty much anything "famous" people name their kids are completely idiotic.

There was also the guy who named their kid Adolf Hitler. Seriously. [http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html] Thankfully the courts took that kid away. FAST. Not to mention his two sisters JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell.

Apparently there's also a comedian called Gary Mule Deer.

That's one odd ass name.

nlaq

May 16, 2011
Pastor: Rev Richard J Koch

http://archives.umc.org/Directory/ChurchDetails.asp?FAC=76310

I used to walk by the sign with his name every day on my way to school... Cracks me up.