People whose names that seem there parents didn't think over

Fooz

Oct 22, 2010
Blue_vision said:
SwimmingRock said:
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.
I guess you could say that their family's... *puts on sunglasses*... full of dicks.
-YEAHHHH-

OT: Unfortunately, I haven't come across anyone who's got a joke name.

that was pure genius my friend

i doubt half of these are real, but one funny name i know is

Dan Gleeballs

salinv

Mar 17, 2010
I have a friend that used to joke about how he would name his son, if he ever had one, Easton. The sad part is that his last name is West. More punny than funny, really...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Didn't some famous woman name her baby Apple? I can't remember who it was, but I remember thinking, "Oh, that poor kid when they grow up."

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Well, my father was going to name me Figaro. My last name is pronounced like "Nukem", hence the avatar. He wanted to call me "Fig Nukem", a play on words for the "Fig Newton" bars. Yeah, I think I need to call my mom and thank her again for that...

I dunno, that's all I've got aside from names I primarily used, I mean, uh, heard being used in prank phone calls back in the day.

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
There was a Real Estate agent in our area for a while who had the name Gaye Mens. No kidding. It was a woman incidentally.

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
Had a girl back in my HS named Brandy Vacca (sounded like vodka), and another girl at the school over named shi'thead. I kid you not it was pronounced: Shh'Teed, but I bet the substitutes didn't say it like that.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
OutcastBOS said:
Richard Head. Yeah, I knew a guy named that. Guess what his nickname was?
Here in Houston a guy named Richard Head started either a bar or a pool hall, don't remember which. He called it Dick Head's.

On topic: everything on this list [http://www.cracked.com/article_15765_the-20-most-bizarre-celebrity-baby-names_p2.html] and people who name their kids after nouns and sentences ("Destiny," "JeT'aime," etc).

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
I've never really met anyone with an unfortunate name. Names like American McGee aren't that stupid, cause at least there's some merit to them. But the sexual names, drug names, etc...yeah, we can do without those. Well, though I've been called Christian all my life, apparently on my birth certificate and social security card it says Chigere, which I always thought was my middle name. Turns out that after elementary school, they have to go by what's on your social security card. So yeah I had to explain I go by Christian. However, things didn't go to well and I got made fun of...fucking middle school. They have to follow the same system up through college, so this followed me to highs chool.

Well to be fair, at least Chigere means "God hears me." But you know what? FUCK GOD, FUCK GOD, AND FUCK GOD. Listen to that you old bastard!

Tl,dr: Chigere=God heres me=ridicule=FUCK EVERYONE.

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
My personal favorite was from a #LFMF on failblog. Apparently this couple with the last name of Lecter named their daughter Annabel. XD

http://learnfrommyfail.failblog.org/2011/03/06/fail-story-lfmf-learn-from-jades-fail/

(While looking for that I found out it also has a sexual connotation... Thanks Urban Dictionary...)

norwegian-guy

Jan 17, 2011
Well there's Stein Bakke. (Best translated to rocky slope) Then there Emma Thalula... I mean who names their kid Emma Thalula? (Rethorical question since i already know that the person who does is a pretentious writer that almost nobody likes.)

darkfire613

Jun 26, 2009
My grandma knows two people named Richard, but both go by the name of Dick. Their last names were Small and Short.

Altio

Oct 18, 2008
believer258 said:
And then I recently heard of a girl named Zelda. Never saw her, just heard the name from a friend. I can understand if you don't know the first thing about video games, but you should research a name before you name your kid that. Still, this was before the days of the internet so it's possible they missed it...
Zelda is a nickname of the Old German name Griselda. Zelde is also Yiddish for "happiness".

OT: My mother once dealt with a client legally named "Phat Ho"

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
believer258 said:
And then I recently heard of a girl named Zelda. Never saw her, just heard the name from a friend. I can understand if you don't know the first thing about video games, but you should research a name before you name your kid that. Still, this was before the days of the internet so it's possible they missed it...
Wasn't that Robin Williams' daughter? I'm pretty sure that was intentional.

I once met a girl named Spring Trip, so that's fairly odd.

Oh, and my grandfather wanted to name my dad Yuri, after the first man in space.

Officer Crayon

Mar 12, 2010
My great grandmas name was just straight up ''dorkus''. im not sure if thats how its spelled, but thats hows its pronounced.

Apr 15, 2009
Chris P Bacon

on second though in this day an age having Crispy Bacon as your name would give you endless internet cred

enigmaticchaos

Nov 4, 2009
My sister has a friend named Iona Diver. Her parents actually told her that they gave her that name because it was funny.

My boyfriend also met a man named Ken Watt. Which will probably be funnier to Brits on here. Her also knew a woman called Jackie Bytheway. And yes, she did answer the phone by saying her name, leading to much confusion.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Well, they thought I was gonna be a girl so they already had planned to name me Taylor.

I came out and they were like "eh, to much work" and still named me Taylor.