People whose names that seem there parents didn't think over

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Evil Top Hat said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_P._Bacon

Chris P Bacon. No I am not joking.

My mum actually registers new births (deaths and marriages also) for a living, so I've heard quite a lot in the way of strange names.
That's a great name. AND it's not a dick joke! Unfortunately, the funniest name I'd heard (until reading that) is a dick joke, and it's Richard Stroker. Used to work with the guy. We called him Richard "Currently masturbating" Stroker.

Nimzabaat said:
Vin Diesel? Some good movies, some bad movies, terrible name. Engelbert Humperdinck, though that's not his birth name (yeah someone changed his name to Englebert Humperdinck).

Personally, my brother had one of those androgynous names.
I know this is off topic, but you should watch Find Me Guilty if you want a good Vin Diesel movie. Or just a good movie in general.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
There are the typical ones, like a guy my dad grew up with called Wayne Kerr. I also remember seeing a list of names that the government had prevented parents from naming their children. These included Benson & Hedges for twins (Cigarettes for those who are unfamiliar), number two bus stop, and talula does the hula from Hawaii. Some parents are just dicks.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
my mom grew up with a girl " freida lay " " free to lay " .... my dad worked with a guy named dick hurts , and his bussiness card said he was from holden massachusetts so it basically said " dick hurts from holden " , the pitts family lives around the corner from us " hairy pits " " sandy pits " . all i can think of for now

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
SwimmingRock said:
Well, they either thought about it a lot and did it intentionally or didn't think it through at all, but I know a guy named Richard. No big deal in itself, but his father is also called Richard. And both his male cousins and uncle and grandfather. Seriously, it's a family where every male is called Richard and my friend intends to call his son that as well. I'm still not sure if it's laziness or some tradition of fucking with everybody they know.
Bahaha, replace Richard with Donald and you have my family. (Its a tradition in this branch of the clan, the first son is always Donald)

As it stands I can't think of any such names just now, but a friend of mine has a list of them from his time as a call centre worker.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Relevant
[video]Edit: someone legally changed their name to rainbow dash. Not quite the same but close.

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
Got a friend named Peter Johnson. Both his names are another word for penis, love having the sense of humor of an 8 year old :D

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Canadish said:
There is a girl starting at my old high school next year called Chlamydia.

I'm not even joking.
Thats rather sad. In an RPG I was in one a player named their Elf that, the joke being that her mother gave her an exotic sounding name. Terrible to think somebody did it IRL. Though back on topic one would have to be Peaches. I think even if she hadn't had that father she still would become messed up.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
The Egyptian fellow who named his daughter 'Facebook'.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/19/facebook-egypt-newborn/

Remember Bethesda's statement it would give the family unlock keys for their games, past, present and future if they named their child 'Dovahkiin'? I wouldn't be surprised if someone somewhere actually did that.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107977-Bethesda-Ups-Ante-in-Elder-Scrolls-Baby-Naming-Contest

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
believer258 said:
Pinkamena said:
I don't know any funny names, but if I ever get a girl, I wanna make her first name Aurora (common, so nothing suspicious about that). BUT! Her middle name would be Borealis. Aurora B. *last name* Aurora Borealis. That would be cool.
You stole that from me!*

If I have a daughter that'll be her name. Aurora. I just think that name sounds awesome.

I have seriously thought that if I have twins, and one of them is a boy, the other a girl, the girl will be named Aurora and the boy Borealis. I don't think I'd actually do that...

Maybe the girl named Aurora Borealis and the boy named Northern Lights.

...on second thought I don't think I'd ruin a perfectly good name like Aurora with a stupid middle name.

[sub]*Just kidding.[/sub]
Great minds think alike, huh? :p

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Do these count?

Or do I have to say something like 'Jack Thompson' or 'Dick Cheney'?

cormacd12

Dec 26, 2008
There was a guy in my brother's class called Robert Gentles. JUst an unlucky surname I guess. When he went to secondary school (age 12) he changed his name in the school roll to Robert Scott to avoid teasing.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
ThaMahstah said:
It wasn't a given name, but I knew a guy whose last name was pronounced "semen." I'm assuming it was spelled "seaman" or something. Still didn't help when his name was called out in class.
I know something like that. There's a whole extended family in the town I used to live at with the name "Seimens". And it's prounounced just like it sounds. One guy I knew in that family was named Kirtis. He tended to sleep around so we called him Squirtis. Squirtis Seimens. Hilariously convenient.

Alexi089

Jun 26, 2011
Randy Duck. He used to play point guard for the Brighton Bears when they were still going. It wasn't all bad news for him though, he was still pretty good at basketball, and pretty popular with the female fans. The most diehard male fans, did however, bring inflatable yellow ducks with dildos strapped to their fronts to provide moral support...

Other than that, there was a girl in my school called Asthma.

There was also a guy with the surname Kirwan who actually pointed out that if you said his name repeatedly, you wound up saying 'wanker'. He used to get stoned a lot.

The Sane

Apr 2, 2010
Not an especially funny name, but I would call her name out in a sort of tuneful way.

Emma-Marie Morrell

She is probably one of the most memorable people from school due to that name.