People whose names that seem there parents didn't think over

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
thedoclc said:
Razzigyrl said:
I went to Medical Assisting classes with a girl that scared the daylights out of me in terms of combining medical responsibility with lack of intelligence.

At some point we got to the section of our course discussing genitals, reproduction and STD's.

A quote from this woman: "Gonorrhea would be a really pretty girl's name." IN ALL SERIOUSNESS.

o.0
Name your daughter Gonorrhea and I promise you will never, ever have to stop some punk from showing up at the house. You will also likely never have grandchildren, but that's besides the point.
My boyfriend worked with a woman whose name was Gonorrhea. Apparently she pronounced it 'Guh-nor-ee'.

Whoever decides to name their children after 'nature stuff' is a wacko (I'm looking at whoever wanted to name their child Aurora Borealis here). Take it as a cautionary tale from someone whose full name is Summer Violet. I got teased all through my school years for it, and I still get people who think it's funny to ask if I have a sister named Autumn.

I'm just lucky my parents didn't go with their original choices and name me Summer Rainbow or Summer Sunshine or Summer Sky.

not-sid

Mar 18, 2009
Now I am completely serious with this as I ran into both of these people and thought that they were messing with me. One was named Justin Thyme and the other was Amanda Hugenkis.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
My cousin is Puerto Rican and Mexican, so his parents named him Ricomex. He hates it so much.

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
The Mayor of Fort Wayne, Indiana: Harry Baals. Yes, pronounce like 'balls'.

It was suggested to name a new government building built in Fort Wayne not too long ago after him. Needless to say, that didn't go through.

agrajagthetesty

Jan 29, 2010
ThatGuyWithTheShotty said:
AnnaIME said:
Female. No, seriously. My friend's aunt claimed that a woman named her daughter Female. Fe-mall-ee.
Another one was... gah, I don't remember the word, but it's the medical term for the shit that comes out when a baby's born. My friend's aunt said she was like "Oh thank God, THERE'S the [whatever it's called]" and the mother loved the name.
So yes, there's some kids in the world named Female and a synonym to Shit.
Placenta?
YES! THAT's what the other girl was called.
Seriously, who names their daughter, frankly speaking, SHIT!?
You do know that the placenta isn't shit, right? It's actually just an organ, that links the foetus' body to its mother. I mean, that's still pretty gross and a terrible name, but it's not quite as bad as "shit".

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Theres an old professor named Harry Richard Allcock.

Thats right, harry dick allcock.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I had a wrestling coach named Tom Sawyer back in high school. He also taught English. I also knew a guy called Terdsac, (I guess if its said in the language that his parents speak it sounds different, but when said by American teenagers, it sounds like turd sack), he had everyone call him Cheech, due to the copious amount of weed he smoked.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
agrajagthetesty said:
AnnaIME said:
Female. No, seriously. My friend's aunt claimed that a woman named her daughter Female. Fe-mall-ee.
Another one was... gah, I don't remember the word, but it's the medical term for the shit that comes out when a baby's born. My friend's aunt said she was like "Oh thank God, THERE'S the [whatever it's called]" and the mother loved the name.
So yes, there's some kids in the world named Female and a synonym to Shit.
Placenta?
YES! THAT's what the other girl was called.
Seriously, who names their daughter, frankly speaking, SHIT!?
You do know that the placenta isn't shit, right? It's actually just an organ, that links the foetus' body to its mother. I mean, that's still pretty gross and a terrible name, but it's not quite as bad as "shit".
Quoted for truth. The Placenta is just a big old sack of blood. It's not like they named the kid Meconium Liquor (when in an overdue mother the baby takes it's first stool inside the mother, so that comes rushing out with the baby).

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
arsenicCatnip said:
Take it as a cautionary tale from someone whose full name is Summer Violet. I got teased all through my school years for it, and I still get people who think it's funny to ask if I have a sister named Autumn.

I'm just lucky my parents didn't go with their original choices and name me Summer Rainbow or Summer Sunshine or Summer Sky.
and I thought I got it bad with people coming up to me and asking "Christian are you a christian?" and other such witticism...

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
I've known a Wanye King, a Wanye Kerr, a Dawn Rider (tho that 1 is cool), and a school I went to had a Richard Head.

Matamusca

Jun 19, 2010
My parents named me Carlyle (Wich some of my friends have informed me as a pretty cool name) but once i went to grade school in america, my parents told me to go by my middle name Jack (after my grandpa) basically adding that they kind of fucked up when naming me. Thanks mum and dad, youve really done well by me.

As for funny names, you should go into the packaging and selling of animal based products if your name is dick. Which resulted in a shop in my town called "Dick's Meats". And i've seen plenty of Mike hawks,

Tasachan

Jan 28, 2010
There is a guy that grew up with my husband, and his name is Rainbow.
Who names their boy Rainbow? Everyone just calls him Rain.

But yeah, my step-father-in-law is Mike Hunt. And someone at his work is Hung Lo. Hehe.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
DOOM GUY said:
believer258 said:
And then I recently heard of a girl named Zelda. Never saw her, just heard the name from a friend. I can understand if you don't know the first thing about video games, but you should research a name before you name your kid that. Still, this was before the days of the internet so it's possible they missed it...
I know that Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda, because of the game.
That name was actually popularized by Zelda Fitzgerald, a novelist who helped popularize the "Flapper" movement back in the 1920s. Shigeru Miyamoto actually named the game Legend of Zelda because he was a huge fan of her work.

So yeah, definitely not a bad name at all.

Brown_Coat117

Oct 22, 2010
I am realated to the twins named Cheryl and Darrell Terrel, and also an American Horr although she marrried into the Horr (yes prounounced just like whore in case you missed that) part of my family.

Camaranth

Feb 4, 2011
I know an Arwen who was named for the elf.

I met an astrophysicist who's name is Dr Venus

And there was a girl my grandfather knew in school called Penny, she was then adopted by her step-dad so her name became Penny Nickel..... her nickname became Small Change and I really wish she was English because then it would have been sixpence