People who've never taken alcohol or drugs

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
I've never done either. I just simply had no desire to drink or do drugs. I can't stand the smell of alcohol or drugs like weed. I don't even want to be 20 feet near anyone who smokes. I NEVER gave into peer pressure as a teen. It didn't bother me if I wasn't doing what everyone one else was doing.

If they decided to jump off a bridge I sure as hell wasn't following them.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
I drink alcohol socially...probably once or twice a month at most. I think it's fine if you're not stupid and drink copious amounts and pass out.

I have smoked weed just once, same with cigarettes. As far as I am concerned, I don't like it. Other 'party' drugs I don't think I will ever touch just because they don't seem worth it to me. Maybe those people just aren't enjoying life enough and need to take a drug to mess with their brain and make them feel temporarily happier despite the negative side-effects and dangers of doing so but I don't know.

However...if that's what you want to do then I'm not going to try and stop you and I won't seem like I am judging you (although I am secretly). I don't think someone saying 'you shouldn't do that' is going to make anyone stop taking them. I think it's something that people have to realize/'wake-up to' themselves.

Maybe one day drug-users will have an epiphany and decide/realize that drugs aren't helping them at all...or maybe one day they won't be able to get out of bed without drugs to act as a 'pick me up'. So they may either clean up their act and make their own happiness or end up a junkie who needs the drugs to 'live'.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
I've drank more times than I care to remember. I've woke up in weird places sans pants many times. Started at 14 and will probably drink into the forseeable future.

I've smoked weed more times than I can count also. I've not made a habit of it.

I've snorted cocains and rubbed it around my mouth for the delicious numbness.

I've swallowed, chewed, crushed and snorted various pills on numerous occasions.

I've drop LSD on a handful of times.

Reading this forum I feel like a drug fiend.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I don't do drugs

Except for alcohol and tobacco...

Okay, I do taxed drugs, taxed drugs are okay.
Its those untaxed drugs you want to look out for, those are bad drugs.
Hmmm how does this fucking work I wonder.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
rhodo said:
Flutterguy said:
Because your experiences have lead you to have these beliefs. What is the point in snowboarding? what is the point in video-games? What is the point in Television? Pleasure.

Now yes a certain element of pain is present in drugs. However it is not there initially, it builds up with continued use. Just as the pleasure gets lessened with use. It is something done on occasion. It is the people who do not realize the increased pain, the people who run from suicidal tendencies only to self-harm with drugs, these are the stories the news will air. It will be easier for these people to blame drugs then their own rotten luck, so that is what they do.

I don't buy it at all.

Does snowboarding, videogames, television or anything like that (bikes, horse riding, volleyball, music, you name it) immediately causes chemical alterations/damage to your body? Answer: NO.

Do drugs immediately cause chemical alterations/damage to your body? YES.

It really would take me hours of constant gaming, or a very unlucky or careless bike incident, or an extremely loud music volume, to get some damage from such hobbies.
It just takes me doing drugs to take damage from that "hobby".

I do believe a person who willingly takes drugs is a person who doesn't understand neurobiology. Or a person who doesn't have respect for their body.
There's a small risk in snowboarding. There's a high risk in taking some drugs. There's a smaller risk in taking other drugs. It's not about understanding the effects alone, it's about understanding them and weighing out how large that risk is and the benefits and costs. Ultimately it's a very personal decision.

Bittersteel said:
I drink but I don't do drugs. I find it stupid to do heroin, crack, cocaine and other drugs. I don't understand why people take them. If you are doing it for medical reason, then I have no problem.
Bittersteel said:
I don't do Cannabis because I don't see the point in it. The only things that I smoke are cigarettes and cigarillo.
You drink and smoke but then "don't do drugs" and find it stupid when people do, when many illegal drugs are much less harmful than those legal ones.

I despise that mentality.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
25 years old; I've never really seen the point of getting drunk, high, or stoned. I like staying lucid most of the time, I don't want to risk doing something stupid when I'm not really in control of myself, etc. And if I wanted an altered mental state, I could just skip sleeping for a couple of days for a similar effect with less chance of damage than most chemicals and more time to play.

That's not to say I object to other people using them; I think crack and nicotine and the like are stupid ideas that have a high risk for very little reward, but I have absolutely no problem with other people taking pot, alcohol, mushrooms, or other fairly safe drugs (so long as they don't combine them with guns, vehicles, and other deadly machinery of course). Especially if you do so with people you trust, in case something goes wrong.

Alcohol is something I currently specifically avoid, because it might trigger my migraines (haven't tested much, because the reward of 'being able to drink' is worth less to me than the cost of 'one more terrible migraine').

I do very much enjoy high quality root beer, ginger ale, sarsparilla, etc. So someday I might end up liking the higher quality alcoholic beverages in small quantities, but again I just don't see the appeal of getting drunk.

Cadd

... in a White Wine Sauce
Jul 14, 2009
Personally, I didn't drink until I came of the legal age (18, as I am Australian) despite most people I know having had something before then and while it seems Australia is pretty heavy on the drinking culture, I don't tend to drink much and what I do is for the taste.

As for legitimate drugs, I don't smoke due to it's expense, bad smell smell, no gains and it has a stupid amount of health risks and I also sing which would be pretty heavily affected; I have had a few cigars, though that is only for special occasions.

I have never done (and intend to never do) illicit drugs - the latter being partly due to knowing my mother's story of how marijuana in her early twenties hastened a severe mental illness, which it seems is backed up by studies.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Relish in Chaos said:
I drink occasionally, that's it. Never smoked, never taken any drugs for recreational purposes.

It just never appealed to me. I think smoking is a waste of money, and I just think taking recreational drugs isn't particularly sensible.

That said, I don't mind legalising things like marijuana. It's a good opportunity to regulate the sale of the stuff, make sure what gets sold is of a good purity and not laced with something else, and drive a revenue stream of the criminal underworld out.

NSGrendel

Jul 1, 2010
I used to be highly religious and vehemently opposed to illegal drugs (and by extension, homosexuality, women's rights to the priesthood, anything that demeaned the faith and liberals/benefit scroungers).

Nowadays I'm an atheist and believe that all drugs should be treated equally, people are a result of their environment and genetics and that if god does exist, he's proved beyond reasonable doubt that he doesn't care about us in the slightest.

I'm not saying either is right. I'm just telling you about how the two sides can be seen by the same person. Make of it what you will.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
I have never taken any recreational drugs, and never smoked, and didn't even start drinking till I was 19 (I live in Ireland where the legal age is 18, by the way, not that that influenced me in the slightest, i just didn't want to drink). Nowdays I drink probably once every two weeks, but not huge amounts either.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I drink too much coffee, so caffeine is pretty much always running through my system, and I drink socially but I've been interesting in anything else. Not for any kind of moral or health reason, it's mostly just because it always seemed like a waste of money. I look at the amount of money people spend on even the less "objectionable" stuff (tobacco or marijuana) and it just looks like throwing money away. I mean, alcohol or coffee costs as well, but at least have calories (assuming you put milk in your coffee), so there's some nutritional value that you're getting out of it at least.

gamernerdtg2

Jan 2, 2013
I've had prescription drugs, but no "street" drugs, and I don't like the taste of alcohol. No smoking or drinking for me out of preference.

I enjoy hanging out with people who use social alcohol/ mixed drinks etc, but I don't drink.

Joseph John

Sep 21, 2014
I don't use rec drugs and don't drink. I don't want to use is my reason - Brockton Mass; nuff said. Those who really are clean and sober and have never tried drugs are welcomed to contact me anytime.

BadNewDingus

Sep 3, 2014
I admire those that don't drink or do drugs. I do, however, get annoyed by those that don't do it and preach about how bad it is.