People You Hate Whom Everyone Else Loves

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Quentin tarantino. His movies and his ideas suck. Kill bill was enough to get 20 years in prison imho

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Joss Whedon. The man is a hack, and Marvel is improved greatly by his absence.
DC deciding to undo all the goodwill Wonder Woman earned them has hired him on.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Jay Baruchel

You know, I'm pretty nerdy. I play a lotta games, spend a lotta time on the internet, read fantasy books, Etc. But this guy's """adorkable""" nerdy voice and personality make me want to punch him in his stupid little face and steal his lunch money. Almost every movie he plays, he's an insufferable little turd. I think the most egregious role though for this guy was in The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Just watch that crap if you really wanna know what I'm talking about.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Saelune said:
J.J. Abrams. A.k.a. Michael Bay with nerd glasses.
Now that's just not fair. Michael Bay has way more artistic integrity than J.J. Abrams.
They both should be out of work. I just care more about Trekking and Warring through the Stars than what robots and turtles do.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
David Tennant, at least as Doctor Who.

He exemplifies everything Doctor Who shouldn't be, to me. A young, hipsterish guy in a tight-fitting suit, coming out with outlandish "whacky!" catchphrases. He crossed the line from quirky into cartoonish, a move for the worse. He had none of the gravitas of his predecessors.

It was also a terrible, terrible idea to focus on romance between the Doctor and his human companion. But, I can't blame Tennant for the writing, which was always the main issue with the show.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
I'm really not a big fan of Louis C.K., just don't find him funny, also never really been into Monty Python.

For overrated bands i'm really not into Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Green Day or Weezer.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Silvanus said:

He exemplifies everything Doctor Who shouldn't be, to me. A young, hipsterish guy in a tight-fitting suit, coming out with outlandish "whacky!" catchphrases. He crossed the line from quirky into cartoonish, a move for the worse. He had none of the gravitas of his predecessors.

It was also a terrible, terrible idea to focus on romance between the Doctor and his human companion. But, I can't blame Tennant for the writing, which was always the main issue with the show.
Doctor Who and romance just don't go together

My pick would be celebrated business millionaire who treat their employees like dirt. Think Bezos or Jobs but there are plenty in history

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Totalbiscuit. Every video he makes is 5 to 10 minutes to express his opinion, then another 40 to 50 minutes of repeating the exact same points over and over ad nauseam, and he thinks he is such an erudite just because he makes such long and rambling videos.

That and, if you've ever seen him react to criticism or talk to his viewers you'll know, he's an asshole.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Silvanus said:

Ironically he used to be my favorite Doctor when I first started watching, but now I can barely stand him. Most of what I hate is how just about ever woman IN-UNIVERSE would swoon all over him, to say nothing of the fucking fan-girls.

And speaking of Tennant era Doctor Who and people I hate that everyone else loves, Rose Tyler. I HATE Rose Tyler. She unapologetically abandons her boyfriend to run off with the Doctor, generally treats him like shit, and later gets turned into a fucking Mary Sue.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Silvanus said:

In many ways he resembles a shit version of the portrayal of the 8th Doctor in the Big Finish audios.

Also, everyone has to listen to all the Big Finish Doctor Who main range on Spotify. It's the law. Start with Spare Parts.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Buffoon1980 said:
I guess Russell Brand might count. I absolutely cannot see what people like about him.
Yeah, I don't really get the appeal. I guess there's some respect for having his own opinions (that generally don't follow one obvious leaning).

Sort of similarly, I've never really gotten the appeal of Joe Rogan. Even when he has interesting guests, he rarely has much of his own to offer. And was always a bit annoying as a UFC commentator (dunno if he still does that, got out of watching it)

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
The one that comes to mind is Beyonce.
She has terrible songs, especially the lyrics, even for modern pop standards (all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ... such depth).
She makes a song like "Pretty hurts" where she complains about having to comply with modern beauty standards (all the make up, clothing, stylizing, keeping a "perfect" weight and shape) but fails to mention that it's women like her who are creating those standards.
She claims to be a feminist yet she's with a guy who constantly refers to women as "bitches" in his songs.
She does misguided activism, like that time she made a big Black Panther type show at the Superbowl, in tribute to some asshole who stabbed a guy and then was swinging a knife at cops before getting shot.

Her fanbase is also annoying but that's not her fault (for the most part).

Mar 26, 2008
Seth "freakin" Rogan. I think he's boring and one note. I thought Sausage Party was pretentious and juvenile. His earlier films were fresh and interesting, but I think he needs to come to grips with the fact he's far removed from a teenager these days.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Silentpony said:
Felicia Day. For fucks sake, we get it, now that being a gamer girl is in vogue you've totes like for realz have always, no backsies, been into games and wow are those glasses, you're just soo nerdy, here have some money!
I can practically taste the bile dripping from this post and absolutely love it. +1

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Zoey Deshanel, or however you spell it. Her sister too. Both of those women are vapid automatons, with zero acting ability, and the emotional range of slugs.

Everyone on Seinfeld. I've never seen what people found funny about that show, it was utter shit for me, and the comedians are horrible, especially Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.

Everyone from SNL too now that I think about it. Especially the ones from the 90's era. Wil Ferrell can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, but that entire batch is poison. Yes, people found one schtick of ours funny, lets milk that persona in EVERYTHING WE DO FOR THE NEXT 20 FUCKING YEARS.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Happyninja42 said:
Zoey Deshanel, or however you spell it. Her sister too. Both of those women are vapid automatons, with zero acting ability, and the emotional range of slugs.
As Adam Carolla once said, "Do you think anyone would care about Zooey Deschanel if her name wasn't Zooey Deschanel?"

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Most of mine that would actually be relevant are likely political people who would draw the ire of certain groups that have wormed their way into this website over the past few years.