Pepe Le Pew No Longer Making “Beautiful Musics” With Warner Bros.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Been a long time since I saw a Pepe le Pew cartoon. But if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't the situation always reversed at the end with the Cat harassing Pepe?
No. That did occasionally occur, but it normally ends with Pepe having his way or just about to with the cat otherwise forced to resign herself to her fate.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
No. That did occasionally occur, but it normally ends with Pepe having his way or just about to with the cat otherwise forced to resign herself to her fate.
Fair enough. As I said it's a long time and late 80s/early 90s TV had a habit of repeating episodes of those types of cartoons a lot. I may very well be recalling the only episode I saw.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Been a long time since I saw a Pepe le Pew cartoon. But if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't the situation always reversed at the end with the Cat harassing Pepe?
Sometimes yes; sometimes no. Either that, or it's a pyhric victory.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Never liked Pepe even as a child. There was always something wrong and not funny about it. It is ok if he gets ditched.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I ernjoyed some of the Pepe cartoons but yeah, hes always been an issue and it sounds like the scene was kinda cringe anyway so best to just cut it. Really I think the redesign of Lola is good too since all the scenes trying to make her a sex pot in the original were just weird. I mean I get they were trying to do a Red Riding Hood/Minerva Mink thing but... I don't know, didn't work and was creepy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder if Johnny Bravo is next. Granted, he tends to be a bigger loser than even Pepe Le Pew. Dude rarely ever got the girl. With one or two minor exceptions. Even then it was when he was not acting like a complete clueless idiot.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I wonder if Johnny Bravo is next. Granted, he tends to be a bigger loser than even Pepe Le Pew. Dude rarely ever got the girl. With one or two minor exceptions. Even then it was when he was not acting like a complete clueless idiot.
I think that's why Johnny Bravo is safe. He's portrayed as, quite simply, a complete dumbass who has no idea how repulsive his normal attempts are to woo women. He's basically the anti-role model.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I ernjoyed some of the Pepe cartoons but yeah, hes always been an issue and it sounds like the scene was kinda cringe anyway so best to just cut it. Really I think the redesign of Lola is good too since all the scenes trying to make her a sex pot in the original were just weird. I mean I get they were trying to do a Red Riding Hood/Minerva Mink thing but... I don't know, didn't work and was creepy.
But what about the people who want busty bunny girls? What about them? What about their rights? /s

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
But what about the people who want busty bunny girls? What about them? What about their rights? /s
Its the internet. There are as many busty bunny girls as you could ever want out there. You just have to look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Its the internet. There are as many busty bunny girls as you could ever want out there. You just have to look.
Female, yes I get it.
Large-breasted, yes I get it.
Rabbit, no you've totally lost me there.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I'm sure someone smarter than me has described it better, but as a kid (I'm somewhat ancient) I watched the original cartoons and he was always portrayed as a sort of villain. Probably more harmless than he should have been, but these cartoon were created when life was admittedly far more male dominated. Women had very little rights or control and sexual dynamics were quite different and obviously worse. I think you have to be exceedingly close minded to not acknowledge the character depiction is harmful to children. The whole series is sort of problematic though right? I mean the WB cartoons were banned at one time or in another in various cultures. I think if society just said "ok were done with these characters now" I wouldn't put up a fight. *Ive never even watched space jam, could not care less*

Thinking on it I wonder if my TMNT is or will be considered problematic. I only recently found out they didn't use their weapons in the second film. I never really noticed because the weapons were only there in the first place as a cosmetic, to help in differentiating them where as they all used the same weapons in the comics. TMNT despite being solely adapted as a commercial does focus on morality a way WB cartoons never did, which is "at all". I'm struggling to think of a reason why TMNT might get cancelled. I wonder if I'm the same position as boomers who "just don't see" the harm in the WB cartoons that we who grew up in the post civil rights era?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Female, yes I get it.
Large-breasted, yes I get it.
Rabbit, no you've totally lost me there.
I mean, they are fine.

They are no big boobed snek ladies. Sneksnek snek snek snek snek sneksneksneksnek... where was I?

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Thinking on it I wonder if my TMNT is or will be considered problematic. I only recently found out they didn't use their weapons in the second film. I never really noticed because the weapons were only there in the first place as a cosmetic, to help in differentiating them where as they all used the same weapons in the comics. TMNT despite being solely adapted as a commercial does focus on morality a way WB cartoons never did, which is "at all". I'm struggling to think of a reason why TMNT might get cancelled. I wonder if I'm the same position as boomers who "just don't see" the harm in the WB cartoons that we who grew up in the post civil rights era?
I have read a lot of complaints about TMNT for orientalism and bad portrayal of ninja stuff. But i can't really see it killing the franchise.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I mean, they are fine.

They are no big boobed snek ladies. Sneksnek snek snek snek snek sneksneksneksnek... where was I?
Of course, the irony of the whole Lola thing is apparently the followup cartoons actually scaled down her Appeal to be more kid friendly. Almost like she was part of a cartoon meant to appeal to kids and not adults.