Persia is The Next DLC Civ to Join Civilization VI

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Persia is The Next DLC Civ to Join Civilization VI

Persia joins the likes of Poland and Australia as the newest DLC civilization for Civilization VI.

Last month, Australia [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169600-Civilization-6-Update-Mod-Tools-Multiplayer-Teams-Australia#&gid=gallery_6960&pid=1] joined the Civilization ranks for the first time via a premium DLC. Last year, we saw Poland also be added. Now, Firaxis has announced that Persia will be the next DLC civilization to be added to the game, in a spring update that will also add another, unannounced civilization.

Led by Cyrus II "The Great", Persia's unique unit, the Immortal, gets a ranged attack as well as strong melee deference, and Cyrus's leader ability gives bonus movement for all units and reduced diplomatic penalties when declaring surprise wars. He will definitely be a favorite of those looking for a conquest victory.

Persia also gets the Pairidaeza as a unique tile improvement. The Pairidaeza provides culture, gold and appeal, with bonuses for adjacent districts and city centers.

[gallery=7072]

Persia and the as of yet unannounced civilization will be free to players with the deluxe version of the game. No pricing was given for players who choose to purchase DLC piecemeal. The spring update will also include some new scenarios, balance changes, multiplayer changes, and bug fixes that will be free for everyone.

Source: Firaxis [https://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/allnews/%20]

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Anybody else look at Civ games and think, "They're going for 'EPIC CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS' but ended up with 'handful of cosplayers scuffling over It's a Small World'"?

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Pyrian said:
Anybody else look at Civ games and think, "They're going for 'EPIC CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS' but ended up with 'handful of cosplayers scuffling over It's a Small World'"?
Nah, not really. The biggest maps you can play on Civ are usually freaking huge. Not to mention the custom maps. I once fought as Nohr over the whole world of Fates and it was big and epic. Hype as fuck for this civ none the less though I never been a domination player like alot seem to go for

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Oh nice! I find that I have been enjoying this Civ edition a lot more than I expected. Also many of the design decisions for example mods not disabling achievements is also nice.

Initially, it was a bummer that out of the box multiplayer with team victory was missing but now that it is patched in, good times are ahead. : )