Persona 3: best places in town?

Pixelspeech

Sep 30, 2013
So, as you might remember, I recently asked for advice on Persona 3 and that really helped a lot. I am having a blast now!

The town just opened up, though and I am having a hard time finding out where all the cool places are at. What do you guys consider the best locations to go to for stat boosts and items and which ones can be safely ignored.

Just to prevent ninjas, I am going to say the obvious: the karoake. I can just imagine my guy standing there, hands in his pockets and a dull expression, singing along with Jon Bovy's "it's my life".

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Pixelspeech said:
Just to prevent ninjas, I am going to say the obvious: the karoake. I can just imagine my guy standing there, hands in his pockets and a dull expression, singing along with Jon Bovy's "it's my life".
That's why it boosts his courage.

Go to the cafe for charm, play at the arcade in the mall and go to the movies near the station for random stat boosts depending on which game/films are available (can't remember if they tell you which stat before you make a selection). Also, don't forget to study, either at home or in the school library for extra Academics.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
IIRC The arcade was one of the best places to boost stats and the shrine was the best place to boost academics in the original version of the game, it was nerfed for later versions.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
The Movies give the best stat boosts IIRC. I never used the shrine; the boosts it gave were useless more or less. It really isn't hard to max every stat out, I managed it several months before the end without even trying. Just make sure you do whatever you need to max the Star social link; Helel is extremely useful towards the end. That is assuming you grind for it, like I did. Mind Charge + Morning Star + Victory Cry ftw.

Pixelspeech

Sep 30, 2013
Miss G. said:
Pixelspeech said:
That's why it boosts his courage.

Go to the cafe for charm, play at the arcade in the mall and go to the movies near the station for random stat boosts depending on which game/films are available (can't remember if they tell you which stat before you make a selection). Also, don't forget to study, either at home or in the school library for extra Academics.
it sure as hell doesn't boost his charisma, that's for sure ;)!
You study in your room, I presume?

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Pixelspeech said:
You study in your room, I presume?
Yeah. Do that on nights when you're not dungeon crawling or doing nighttime Social Links (when they become available). Studying at the school library gives you more Academic points, so does studying at home in your room all day on days off.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
As I recall, the arcade is the best way to boost stats (the quiz game/haunted house/photo booth). It's not cheap though, especially early game. Beyond that, I pretty much ignored the library and movies, but I used the cafe and karaoke semi-frequently in the early game.

The shrine is good for boosting your relationship with social links on days that they're not available (which is a bit situational). The fortune teller thing is fun too, but not super useful.

One odd thing about stats- if you're trying to do all the social links, then you want to max courage as fast as possible and then charm afterwards. One social link in late May or early June requires level 6 courage to start, and another in late July needs full charm. There's one as well that needs max knowledge, but it comes pretty late in the year, so you shouldn't have an issue getting there as long as you stay awake in class and study before bed.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
If you want to improve your charisma, go to the coffee shop. Doing it at every opportunity day and night will max it out in 3 or so months. Oh yeah, you can go to the mall at night time, you're not locked in the dorm.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I'm about 50 hours into the game. I used the cafe mostly at the start to boost my charm and courage (working part time) on Mon, tues and wed. The game place is great for the other days when the quiz show, haunted house or photobooth is available.

Once I maxed courage and charm I studied at night when not doing social links to boost it (or the quiz show). Word of warning - academics takes a lot longer to max.