Persona 4 + 5 News Discussion

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
[URL="http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/31/persona-4-vita-confirmed-in-new-famitsu-for-spring-2012-jp-launch/" (title,target)]Persona 4 Vita confirmed in new Famitsu for spring 2012 JP launch[/URL]
[URL="http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/31/atlus-confirms-persona-5-development-ramping-up/" (title,target)]Atlus confirms Persona 5 development ramping up[/URL]

Well that's where I got my main information from but that's not saying much because there isn't a lot on Persona 5 itself other than it's been confirmed to be in development but there's no platform or release date as of yet.

So Persona 4 is getting quite a bit of new content. It was confirmed earlier this year that an anime titled "Persona 4: The Animation" will be aired this October based on the game but now a re-release called "Persona 4: The Golden" will be released in Spring 2012 in Japan on the PlayStation Vita. The new game may possibly follow in Persona 3 Portable's footsteps as a new female character has been confirmed called Marie/Mari though it has not been said whether or not this is a new main character or just an additional character to the game like Theo in P3P. There is also additional voice-overs and a new opening movie. Also taken from the Megami Tensei wiki is "There will also be fan requested features, such as the ability to call for help via WiFi when your party reaches critical state." though I'm not exactly sure what that means I can only speculate that you may be able ask your PSN friends list who may or may not have the game to send an item or use a skill. I don't know but it sounds interesting.

Also for Persona 4 is "Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena", a PS3 and Xbox 360 fighting game coming next Summer in Japan. It's being developed by Arc System Works, the team that makes the BlazBlue series, and Team Persona with Shoji Meguro as composer and Katsura Hashino as director. The game is to be set two months after the end of Persona 4 with Teddie announcing a fighting tournament. However, as well as Persona 4 characters such as the Main Character, Chie and Yosuke being confimed to appear, Aigis from Persona has also been confirmed.

So what are your opinions on this? Personally I'm all for it, I'd rather have more Persona being released than none at all. Out of all them, I'm more interested in Persona 5 because I'm curious to know a little bit about it at the very least. Of the ones with any information though, I'd like to see some gameplay for the fighting title.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
If you can't tell by my Avatar I love anything made by Shin-Megami Tensei/Atlus. I simply cannot wait!!!! BLARGH!

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Kekkles said:
If you can't tell by my Avatar I love anything made by Shin-Megami Tensei/Atlus. I simply cannot wait!!!! BLARGH!
Is that Digital Devil Saga? I've not actually played those ones but I know you can find them fairly cheap now. I need to give them a try just so I can fight Hito-Shura xD

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
This is just concentrated awesome. Keep up the good work, Atlus!

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Persona 5 - Yes please!

Persona 4: The Golden - Nice, but I'm probably gonna skip it, I didn't buy P3: FES either.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena - A fighting game from Persona?! Oh FUCK N- wait, did you say Arc System Works?
Huh... Carry on then.

I've only got one complaint: WHY aren't we getting a new installment in the main SMT-series? Of all the SMT related games I've played (Lucifer's call, DDS, Persona, Devil Summoner, etc.) my favorite was still SMT: Lucifer's Call (or for the USA-guys, Nocturne). Tons of demons to collect (and to fight side-by-side with), clair-obscure atmosphere, bizarre yet deep story, unique style, challenging in both combat and puzzles.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
Persona 5 - Yes please!

Persona 4: The Golden - Nice, but I'm probably gonna skip it, I didn't buy P3: FES either.

Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena - A fighting game from Persona?! Oh FUCK N- wait, did you say Arc System Works?
Huh... Carry on then.

I've only got one complaint: WHY aren't we getting a new installment in the main SMT-series? Of all the SMT related games I've played (Lucifer's call, DDS, Persona, Devil Summoner, etc.) my favorite was still SMT: Lucifer's Call (or for the USA-guys, Nocturne). Tons of demons to collect (and to fight side-by-side with), clair-obscure atmosphere, bizarre yet deep story, unique style, challenging in both combat and puzzles.
Arkynomicon said:
I want Shin Megami Tensei 4 already.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey was a main SMT title. You might not have heard of it because either A) It was a DS title or B) It wasn't given a European release. I'd recommend it, it's the classic dungeon crawling style of SMT.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Arqus_Zed said:
Persona 5 - Yes please!

Huh... Carry on then.

Oh and I only picked up Persona 3 this year but I picked up FES. I find it fun and would recommend it to anyone that hasn't already played Persona 3 or if they really want to play it again then to pick up that version and I'd do the same for this game as long as it's not really bad :)

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
Stalydan said:
Kekkles said:
Is that Digital Devil Saga? I've not actually played those ones but I know you can find them fairly cheap now. I need to give them a try just so I can fight Hito-Shura xD
Oh yes it is and you must get Digital Devil Saga, both of them are fantastic games that both stand as some of my favourite games of all time!

Thank you for this news you brought me!

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Stalydan said:
Arkynomicon said:
I want Shin Megami Tensei 4 already.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey was a main SMT title. You might not have heard of it because either A) It was a DS title or B) It wasn't given a European release. I'd recommend it, it's the classic dungeon crawling style of SMT.
Yeah, I kinda know about it but I live in Europe so I was screwed at the time it was released. So I just kinda forgot about it.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Raideh said:
This is pretty sick news. These threads are popping up everywhere though.

Probably going to avoid Persona 4: The Golden because I'm still polishing off the first one, although i may get it if i get a Vita and want a game.
Persona 5 though? Totally psyched. I want this game now, but i think i can wait, although i may implode with excitement the day before release.
The fighting game though... That's the most surprising thing I've heard in ages. Also, the most awesome surprise in ages. I found some screenshots and a few details on Andriasang, and look out for the game at TGS 2011.
First info: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/01/persona_4_fighter/
Source for TGS: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/01/persona_4_at_tgs/
Persona team involvement: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_fighting_game_update/

Apparently the Persona team are assisting development in at least an advisory capacity, and Arc System Works is full of Persona fans, so they have passion for the project. All in all, i can't see what could go wrong.

Persona 4: The Golden will apparently have these additional features -
* A new character named Mary
* 1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
* Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
* Other elements that fans of the original have heavily requested
* New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
* New animation movies
Source for my info is Andriasang - http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/

Good to see that other people are as excited as I am.
Now I'm definitely interested in the fighting game now because those screen shots look pretty nice. And I can wait to see how they'll implement the Personas themselves like will they be combos or super attacks, transformations etc.

Either way I'll be picking it up :D

And P4: The Golden's Mary/Mari/Marie (I have seen all three spellings) is an intriguing addition to the game, mainly because I want to know what she will add.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Anything relating to some new SMT stuff is always good news to me. When I heard about the fighting game though it was kinda meh, then I heard it was being developed by Arc Systems. HELL YEAH!!