Persona 4 Arena discussion thread.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
So Persona 4 Arena drops tomorrow (in the US). So I figured that I'd open up a thread for it.
Who is going to be your main/sub?
Even though she looks like a expert-level character, I'm going to try my best to main Naoto. And if that fails, Elizabeth just looks and sounds fun.
So what are your thoughts on Arena?

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I was planning on going for Akhiko and Kanji because who doesn't love to beat the ever loving crud out of somebody?

The game actually seems way different than blazblue and I love it for that, albiet considering some of the new button combinations I may either have to seriously revamp the buttons for my dinky regular controller because it could be kind of difficult to push the various combinations effectivly in the heat of battle.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
OctalLord said:
I was planning on going for Akhiko and Kanji because who doesn't love to beat the ever loving crud out of somebody?

The game actually seems way different than blazblue and I love it for that, albiet considering some of the new button combinations I may either have to seriously revamp the buttons for my dinky regular controller because it could be kind of difficult to push the various combinations effectivly in the heat of battle.
It will probably have options to map button combinations to one certain one button (A+B, B+C,A+B+C, etc).

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Can't wait for tomorrow. P4A is looking great. :D

I'm going to try to main Labrys and sub either Yu or Yukiko.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
OctalLord said:

It will probably have options to map button combinations to one certain one button (A+B, B+C,A+B+C, etc).
I'll most likely end up using the bumpers for that, possibly rearranging the face buttons as well. I loved that feature in Blazblue. Being able to customize my control to ME was really awesome.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
I'm not sure whether to wait on it or not to see if there's going to be a deluxe ultimate collecter's edition plus on the way (as that seems to be the fighting game trend). And if/when that deluxe edition comes out, I hope it includes Rise and Koromaru.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
OctalLord said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
OctalLord said:

I'll most likely end up using the bumpers for that, possibly rearranging the face buttons as well. I loved that feature in Blazblue. Being able to customize my control to ME was really awesome.
As do I (I have a disability that already makes playing fighting games a challenge).
Launcelot111 said:
I'm not sure whether to wait on it or not to see if there's going to be a deluxe ultimate collecter's edition plus on the way (as that seems to be the fighting game trend). And if/when that deluxe edition comes out, I hope it includes Rise and Koromaru.
Rise is a commentator in this game so that is a no-go.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Launcelot111 said:
I don't know what that proves. The super deluxe edition could have Teddie and Fuuka as alternate commentators for all we know. They could put Shadow Rise as a fighter or something. I don't really care about the logic of the situation, I just want to actually fight with Rise for once

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
Launcelot111 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Launcelot111 said:
I don't know what that proves. The super deluxe edition could have Teddie and Fuuka as alternate commentators for all we know. They could put Shadow Rise as a fighter or something. I don't really care about the logic of the situation, I just want to actually fight with Rise for once
Actually the regular edition that comes out tommorow has interchangeable commentators. I know Teddie and Mitsuru can be unlocked. Along with several other people as commentators. You can also buy them to unlock them without having to beat score attack or campaign or w/e is needed to unlock them.(Like unlimeted characters in Blazblue CS)

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
Oooooh, there is currently a livestream of a tournament up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvzoHBQx2Yc
Shadow Labrys looks scary.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Having already played the game at a tourney, I can't wait to get some proper practice with my Aigis and do all her badass stuff properly, rather than burn 100 bullets on her gattling gun for a measly 2000 damage XD.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm going to try and keep myself dynamic on this approach. In Blazblue, there are only a few characters I don't like, and that's Blazblue. THIS IS PERSONA, and I am a fan of the series. There will be some damn fine committment to this.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Kind of looking forward to it. Enjoyed the gameplay in Blazblue, so it'll be nice to mix that with Persona.
Been looking for some good Akihiko footage to see if I'll like him, but no luck so far. If I don't like him I'll go with Swagtagonist.
Also over in the UK here so it'll be another month or so before I can get it.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
My gut instinct is to go for Akihiko and Aigis. I'll likely end up experimenting with everyone though.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
And nobody has linked the usergroup yet?

For shame.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona

OT: You don't have to ask me how hyped I am about Arena. I'm as hyped as hyped can get.

I'm definitely getting it tomorrow as soon as humanly possible.

I think I'll be maining Teddie, Chie and Naoto; Subbing Yosuke, Akihiko, and Yu.

Everyone else looks awesome in their own rights, but Kanji's a little too.. grapple-y for me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
As much as I love P4, I can't in all respect get this game.

I'll just look at the story on youtube.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Maining Yukiko because she's Yukiko. I think I've become slightly spoiled on projectiles from maining Lambda anyway. I'll sub Yu to mix things up a little.

This looks like some reverse of my BlazBlue starting days. I mained Ragna and started subbing Hakumen, Bang, and Lamda some time later. I eventually dropped everyone to really work on Lambda afterwards.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I am amazed at the love people give this shameless cash in, there is only one way to go next... Gears of Persona 5!