Persona 4 Arena discussion thread.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Mr.K. said:
I am amazed at the love people give this shameless cash in, there is only one way to go next... Gears of Persona 5!
I take some offense to that. The guys at Atlus seem like they really put work into this and I am an avid BlazBlue fan, so I've been sold a while ago. To each his own though.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Sadly I'm european, so the game isn't out for another month. That being said, I'm really looking forward to it. It looks like a pretty fun fighting game with an actually reasonable learning curve and some really cool mechanics. Might be a good game to play to out my new Qanba BigBen stick :D

I'm not familiar with the Persona-series, though. After watching the stream someone linked earlier, I think I'll try out Mitsuru first, possibly Kanji.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Mr.K. said:
I am amazed at the love people give this shameless cash in, there is only one way to go next... Gears of Persona 5!

Cause niche arcsys 2D anime-style fighter = one step below gears of war in "marketable mainstream genres" >_>

If anything, p4 is the thing that sells the game more, not that it's a 2D fighter. (and this comes from a fan of both things)

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I honestly don't like hardcore fighting games, even if it is Persona.

I just can't be bothered to learn all the moves, and such.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
ohmygodinowhavethegame. Gonna set up a second screen and play for hours. I still can't believe there is Persona in my fighters.

Anyone else have the game yet? :O

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Razentsu said:
ohmygodinowhavethegame. Gonna set up a second screen and play for hours. I still can't believe there is Persona in my fighters.

Anyone else have the game yet? :O

You tell me. :3

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I know it sounds all 'heretic n' shit', but I think I'm actually going to WAIT on this.

While I DO love GGXX/BlazBlu, I KNOW there's gonna be some 'Extra Super Edition' in around 6 months with LOADS of new tweaks and features.

For me, I just don't have the cash to toss at a 'trial run' version of a game anymore.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Tanis said:
I know it sounds all 'heretic n' shit', but I think I'm actually going to WAIT on this.

While I DO love GGXX/BlazBlu, I KNOW there's gonna be some 'Extra Super Edition' in around 6 months with LOADS of new tweaks and features.

For me, I just don't have the cash to toss at a 'trial run' version of a game anymore.
Nah, it won't be out for at least a full year minimum.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I have to wait til september.
I'm horrible at fighters.
I even hated BlazBlue for failing to give any tutorial outside of limtied edition which refuses to tell you the buttons.
I don't have the patience for Persona games.

And yet I like the concept of Persona enough to pay full price for a game I suck at, made by people who make games I hate, based on a game I barely play.

I have no idea who I'll main. I'll wiat to see how they play.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Palademon said:
I even hated BlazBlue for failing to give any tutorial outside of limtied edition which refuses to tell you the buttons.

And yet I like the concept of Persona enough to pay full price for a game I suck at, made by people who make games I hate, based on a game I barely play.

Are you talking about the old old Blazblue?

All of them except the first had extensive in-game tutorials much superior to those of the limited edition CT one.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Dreiko said:
Palademon said:

All of them except the first had extensive in-game tutorials much superior to those of the limited edition CT one.
Yeah, I was stupid enough to buy the first one. I couldn't even get passed Hakumen as Ragna.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Palademon said:
Dreiko said:
Palademon said:

Yeah, I was stupid enough to buy the first one. I couldn't even get passed Hakumen as Ragna.

I don't think it's a stupid thing, I got CT too, for it's time it was AMAZING! You just shouldn't have stuck with it all this time since there's been better ones out for a few years now.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Palademon said:

I suck at them too. I'd say give this one a skip as online will be plagued by the FGC who want the Persona fans to leave.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
As much as I hate day one DLC, having Nanako as a commentator and putting glasses on the characters are two things I can't pass up. I'm going to start the game tommorrow and try to get to a point to where I don't suck with Naoto.
If you want to trade usernames here to setup up matches, go ahead.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Once I unlock Mitsuru, I'm totally gonna main her. It's pretty great so far. My only gripe is the long talk between fights in story mode. I mean, I like the story...but it's so long!

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
I gotta say, Arena is pretty damn awesome.

I've been laying the smackdown on all comers with Chie for the last couple of hours.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
I played it for a couple hours today and I fucking love it, but I'm a huge mark for Persona and fighting games in general. I hate the day one DLC, but games are a business...what can ya do, right? I just hope hope hope that there will be more people from 3 coming in. Junpei, Yukari, Ken, maybe even Koromaru (that's be awesome).

Easter Egg: On Yu's bedroom wall is a calender for Catherine, haha.

Message me for my PSN and maybe we can battle sometime. :)

http://www.playstationfuture.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Persona-4-Screenshot-3.jpg

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
I literally just the game half an hour. I haven't played it yet, since I'm in the middle of another game, but I do intend on playing it.

...That being said, I've never played a Persona game in my life. Is that gonna be a problem?

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
As much as I hate day one DLC, having Nanako as a commentator and putting glasses on the characters are two things I can't pass up. I'm going to start the game tommorrow and try to get to a point to where I don't suck with Naoto.
If you want to trade usernames here to setup up matches, go ahead.
Xbox or PS3, cuz I bought it on PS3.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
AbstractStream said:
Once I unlock Mitsuru, I'm totally gonna main her. It's pretty great so far. My only gripe is the long talk between fights in story mode. I mean, I like the story...but it's so long!

Everyone is unlocked already. You just need to unlock their stories. If you go do training or online or something you can pick Mitsuru right off.