Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is region free.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Well, it was announced recently that the Persona 4 Arena sequel will not be region locked like the original. As a HUGE Atlus and Persona fan in the UK, this is excellent news.

The reason I'm making this thread is because I'm curious about the speculation this causes amongst other things. Does this mean that Persona 5 won't be region locked? Will Persona 5 even get an official EU release date?

I also wanted to ask you guys, are you excited for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax? Are you excited for Persona 5? What about Persona Q? I've read that it's been confirmed that Persona Q is canon, so I know I'm interested.

Really I'm just interested in everyone's thoughts on the future of the series.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Oh thank fucking god, I am so pissed at the illogical almost full year gaps between NA and EU releases for no reason at all. I'm still not happy mind since I wouldn't be surprised if they take this as an excuse to cut the whole of Europe from the release list since we can order copies from Amazon or whatever.

As a side note can they stop re-releasing Persona 4? I adore that game but I can't help but feel something is lost when you have Persona 4: The Animation then Persona 4: Golden, granted that has more content than the first version but then you've Persona 4 Golden: The Animation which is taking the piss i'm sorry and I hear they're re-re-releasing Persona 4 vanilla on the PSN store.

I have no problem with the Arena series though, except that it cheapens the ending of Persona 4 since it happens a few weeks after the end of Persona 4 so the bittersweet goodbye bit at the end might as well have been a quick "yo' see you next week bro" now.

The mechanics in Arena are the best mechanics ever used in a fighting game as far as i'm concerned by the way. They perfectly sync easing new players into the game while making the game relevant in the pro scene at the same time. You can actually stand a chance against someone who has 80% health wiping combos as someone who only has had time to learn one character so he hasn't got the combos down yet because contrary to popular belief, learning combos are not the first thing you should do when picking up a character.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Good, it being so last time meant I just didn't get it and I'm a big SMT and fighter fan.

fhmy

Aug 2, 2010
Just to clarify, the press release implies the JP version is locked, but the English version is not. Of course this won't matter for most of us so yeah, great news.

Doubtful that Atlus will pull what they did with the first P4U again. They were surprised at the extreme backlash and said that it "won't be a slippery slope", and they've cashed their cheques with this recent announcement.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
This is great news, because waiting months for the Eu release was ridiculous. Still having issues with the price, tho. EU still hasn't a legit release date and although I love the game, Full price for a forced full game + DLC combo is terrible. Love you ARC, but your customer relations is awful.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I'm guessing that the reason they are doing this is because not many bought/plays the orignal game to begin with. While it was a solid fighter, the community wasn't that big.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
doesn't really matter to me.. since i'm in the US and the US version is coming out soon.Region lock in game don't usually effect me unless it's game that's Japan only and the game is definitely not getting a US release.. otherwise, it's doesn't matter to me.