PETA Asks Texas Town to Change Its Name

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Does PETA ever do anything constructive to make the lives of animals any better? This isn't rhetorical, I am really asking. Because all I see when they are mentioned on this site is new games they have ripped off or stuff like this.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Tofurky? with a name like that all the other towns are going to bully him!
also:

PS
also what about the country Turkey?

Razvex

Wtb>Good title
Apr 4, 2010
What they should do, is accept their offer and do it, and then do nothing but eat Turkey all Thanksgiving - Enough so it's a lot more than they usually would.

After that, go back to PETA and say "We did it, we changed our name, but at it turns out, hundreds more Turkeys have died as a result. What now?"

Also, I suddenly have a hankering for some turkey now..

Findlebob

Mar 24, 2011
What about fucking vegetable rights. These monsters would rather have you eating thing that had no eyes so cant see you coming, as well as no legs so it cant run away. Thats why im exclusively carnivore as animals have a chance.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
Phlakes said:
So, everyone? Pretend this doesn't exist. Don't give them any attention at all. Don't go to their site, don't talk to other people about it.

Don't feed the troll.
But then how else will we get our daily dose of PETA-mocking laughter?

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
just for this i am now inclined to actually make a turturkeykey.

Did you people see the game they made about super mario? It's like a mini-version of mario but WITH BLOOD! It's awesome!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Brutal Peanut said:
For goodness sake. P.E.T.A is really working over-time on being annoyingly stupid this year.
You act as if this was new and exciting.

Bravo 21 said:
...damn, free food. If i were the mayor of that town, i just might do it. free publicity, but more importatly free food, even if it isn't real meat. if they were serving an alternative to bacon or steak though, there would have to be... "words" spoken.
It's tofu, it tastes like chalk.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
If I was the mayor of that town (putting aside the fact the mayor probably can't legally rename a town) i'd rename it to 'Omnomnom Turkey' instead.

Mar 5, 2011
Why do people keep giving money to PETA? There ultimate goal is the freeing of all animals, including domestic pets. If you love your pets don't give money to PETA.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Now I don't know much about Texas...but from what information reaches England...surely offering a Texan a vegan alternative is like offering an Englishman frog's legs? It sounds like the worst way you could possibly insult somebody's heritage. PETA need a slap for this one.

Also...maybe if they actually put effort into combating legitimate cases of cruelty, they would be taken more seriously, because this...this...uh...stunt....is nothing short of embarrassing. Tofurkey? Really? And what exactly is this encouraging?

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Dear PETA, (I know they won't read this but bear with me)

I realize that many of you are vegetarian and/or vegan. But that being said?

Eat a dick.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Hal10k said:
"In a related story, PETA's intended invasion of the nation of Turkey was severely delayed when their phalanx of armed trucks was stalled by a line of ducks making their way across the roadway during PETA's intended crossing of the German-Turkish border. Further delays can be expected when PETA command discovers that Germany does not actually border Turkey."
"In other news, the Texas town of Turkey has decided to add "Delicious, Delicious" to their town name, in front of the word "Turkey", and to change their town slogan to "With a Side of Ham". PETA is too busy foaming at the mouth to comment."

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
lolwat? umm... I see... I know they are a bit bonkers but I can't actually think of anything to compare to this. Oh wait... It's like Champagne region of France changing it's name so people don't become alcoholics. Udder :p lunacy.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
You know what this reminds me of? The way CNN and MSNBC jumped all the freak over Sarah Palin when she did an interview at a Turkey farm one year, and there was a guy slaughtering a turkey in the background. It is the first and only time I have ever completely agreed with that woman. Where do people who are North of the mason dixon but south of Canada think their food comes from, anyway?

A bit more on topic: It's turkey. You eat it. Personally, I prefer duck or chicken, but PETA's being, well, PETA if they think this will get people to eat tofurkey.
I can't watch that women without her reminding me of this...

OT: They will never stop me eating turkey...Turkey's, Chickens, Pigs, Sheep, they are all FARM animals...bread for eating...if this was say...i don't know, and Ostrich, then fair play...BUT IT'S A TURKEY!

Even the captcha agree's they make no...

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
You know this doesn't surprise me at all they are that weird type of crazy. I hope they try to get the country to change its name now lol.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
I thought Peta was about protecting the wildlife and making it a better place for animals

but now they just seem like there trolling people