PETA Asks Texas Town to Change Its Name

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Oh PETA you so wacky.

Does anyone even respect PETA as a helps organization anymore?
From What I've read they Kill more animals per year then they save.
They spend like 95% of there funds on BS ad campaigns (most of which never get aired)

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Octogunspunk said:
F**k it, I'm starting PETP. People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants.
okay i'm with you, our first target should be mario, eating that leaf to a get some weird suit? what's up with that? it promotes the eating and destruction of leaves. also do we include fungus? because then there the whole mushroom fixation.

also that plants vs zombies game is just horrible. using plants as slaves and making them stand up to the hordes of undead. and some can't even defend themselves.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
God, this group is just full of stupidity. It's a shame they have to spread it around like a virus.

rayen020 said:
Octogunspunk said:
okay i'm with you, our first target should be mario, eating that leaf to a get some weird suit? what's up with that? it promotes the eating and destruction of leaves. also do we include fungus? because then there the whole mushroom fixation.

also that plants vs zombies game is just horrible. using plants as slaves and making them stand up to the hordes of undead. and some can't even defend themselves.
I just heard yesterday that these fuckwads were bitching at nintendo about mario's tanooki suit in that new 3d mario land or whatever. Aparently he's wearing a real skinned animal so kids shouldn't be seeing it, morons...

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
A bit more on topic: It's turkey. You eat it. Personally, I prefer duck or chicken, but PETA's being, well, PETA if they think this will get people to eat tofurkey.
Hell, why not have the best of all 3 worlds? I think the town should change it's name to Turducken, just to mess with them.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
rayen020 said:
Octogunspunk said:

Not to mention that PETZU (people for the ethical treatment of zombies and undead) are already on the case.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
How far did I read this article since its about PETA which pretty much means the dipshits have done something stupid again.

Answer: The title. And then I slaughtered a goat for fun, because PETA pisses me off.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
The line from their letter that gets me the most is (when describing turkeys) "These bright and social animals..."

Turkeys are notorious for staring up into the sky during a rainstorm, with their mouths open, until they drown.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Is it bad if I'm hoping the town has a giant turkey feast now just to spite PETA? Cause that would be hilarious and a great way to tell them to fuck off.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
So, the country named Turkey didn't bother them but the small town nobody knows about did?

That or they knew they'd be the ones on a stick getting grilled if they asked the Turks to change their country's name.

Bunch of stinking coward hypocrites.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok is the PETA is currently under a new leadership or something? I mean first the Raccoon suit in Mario and now this? I mean why have they complain about it now as oppose to several years ago? What's next? They going to get the country Turkey to change the name too?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Lol, PETA are off their heads. Honestly, they seem to make a mockery out of a good cause.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
PETA, go away. After the Mario incident, you should retreat to the underground dumbass lair and spend some time planning your next mischievous scheme.

Also Tofurky sucks, it's not a savory replacement, it's actually rather disgusting. And I say this as someone who eats and enjoys fake hot dogs, burgers and sausages. I am stating this now, on thanksgiving I will be enjoying a delicious dinner, courtesy of a brave turkey who gave his or her life.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
jpoon said:
God, this group is just full of stupidity. It's a shame they have to spread it around like a virus.

I just heard yesterday that these fuckwads were bitching at nintendo about mario's tanooki suit in that new 3d mario land or whatever. Aparently he's wearing a real skinned animal so kids shouldn't be seeing it, morons...
But its oka! Peta said the whole thing was <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114245-PETA-Bloody-Mario-Was-Tongue-In-Cheek>just a joke

They were never serious about attacking mario, they just wanted to raise awareness and humourously used mario as an example.

blizzaradragon said:
Is it bad if I'm hoping the town has a giant turkey feast now just to spite PETA? Cause that would be hilarious and a great way to tell them to fuck off.
Im pretty sure a lot of people do that regardless just cause its Thanksgiving.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
blizzaradragon said:
Im pretty sure a lot of people do that regardless just cause its Thanksgiving.
True, but I'm talking like MASSIVE feast. Like what PETA wanted to offer their entire town, but replace all the vegan stuff with meaty goodness and enough leftovers that everyone will have turkey in their fridge for a week of leftovers kind of massive! Turkey overkill, if you will.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
It's getting to the point now that I'm starting to think they're just a national comedy group. I can't take anything they say seriously, no matter their intentions. It's better just to laugh at their ridiculous antics anyway, and hope that the ones that actually do damage get arrested.

KB Rocker

Sep 27, 2009
I had a really crappy day today in school and this honestly just made it so much better. Thank you so much PETA for constantly doing stupid things to entertain many around the world