PETA Asks Texas Town to Change Its Name

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Hal10k said:
"In a related story, PETA's intended invasion of the nation of Turkey was severely delayed when their phalanx of armed trucks was stalled by a line of ducks making their way across the roadway during PETA's intended crossing of the German-Turkish border. Further delays can be expected when PETA command discovers that Germany does not actually border Turkey."
"This just in Hal, PETA's set back for their invasion of Chile has just been overcome. PETA's forces were stuck in the Himalayan Mountains in an attempt to cross over from India into Chile. Further news when they realize they are off course."

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009

If it wasn't for the Tanookie suit, this would be the dumbest thing PETA did this week.

But the Tanookie suit thing was all LEVELS of retarded.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
I think that old guy with the beard should go eat a big fried turkey in front of the Peta HQ, for the lulz.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
What next? PETA asking the country Turkey to change its name? I'm mean its just the name of a town and its not offensive... They aren't protecting any animals by asking the town to do this, they're just trying to stir trouble.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
Im all for animal rights but GOD DAMMIT PETA IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ANIMALS STOP DOING THINGS THAT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HAND... JESUS ! Nobody is going to go : "Wow ! They obliged a small town to change the name...LET'S DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ANIMALS" they will ALL go: "Shut the fuck up man go bother someone else !"

Dammit, it pisses me off that such a good cause is in the hands of a bunch of morons !!!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Well, at least it's just a simple request this time and not a violent Flash computer game accusing all citizens of the town of Turkey of being bloodsoaked animal abuse advocates.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
So PETA, if we can't eat meat, then why do the animals get to. The day I see wild lions and tigers eating grass and mushrooms is the day I stop eating meat and stop wearing my lovely real rabbit fur ushanka.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
They were only asked to change the town's name for a day, weren't they? A bit silly still, but it's not as ridiculous as the article makes it sound.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
so... we're supposed to replace meat in our diet with... soy and wheat [http://www.tofurky.com/ourstory/ingred_tofurky.html]? No wonder all of the vegans I know are fatter than me. That's a ticket to overfed malnutrition.

Oh wait, the name... As some others have said, try telling these folks to change their name and stop eating lamb:

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
now that we established PETA as desperate troll and laughed at them, here's a picture of Miss Turkey holding a turkey burger

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
The video made a massive strawman out of PETA's position. They didn't propose a permanent name change as the video would have you believe. However, I doubt the town changing it's name for a day will make any difference.

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
It's a shame PETA wastes any time on things like this. Why not devote your time to doing something that will actually save or protect animals? I honestly never even knew the town of Turkey existed in Texas until I read this thread. If anything they've made it worse by drawing attention to the town and reminding people how much they love turkey.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Kenbo Slice said:
This is me after reading this:

If the town does change it's name (which I doubt) I highly doubt it'll save turkeys.
I hope they change it to "Tofuckyouturkeys" and the whole town starts breeding and slaughtering Turkeys.