PETA Asks Texas Town to Change Its Name

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
PETA clearly don't understand that livestock are BRED to be eaten. If we all stopped eating meat, then cows, chickens, turkeys etc would become virtually extinct.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
PETA is making it bloody hard for me to not hate all vegans/vegetarians in general.
It's beginning to take a real amount of effort for me to remember that these retards aren't representative of vegetarians in general.

YawningAngel

Dec 22, 2010
Strain42 said:
...PETA might have a hard time trying to explain their stand-point to the Turkish government if they ever tried this crap over there.

It's sad really. I actually tried to like PETA. I thought they had good intentions, and were supporting a decent cause.

But they really suck at handling themselves and they just come across horribly.
They'd also get very short shrift from the Turkish government, since "Turkey" isn't Turkish for Turkey.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Did PETA and 4Chan merge when I wasn't looking? Because seriously, I think they're just trolling at this point.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Phlakes said:
So, everyone? Pretend this doesn't exist. Don't give them any attention at all. Don't go to their site, don't talk to other people about it.

Don't feed the troll.
This.
They don't expect anyone to actually change the name of a TOWN, but they DO expect news sources to pick up on the ridiculous request, and give them tons of (free) publicity. Don't link it, don't talk about it, just ignore them. They fund eco-terrorism, and kill more animals then anyone else I know. Don't give them the satisfaction of any sort of attention.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, at this point, I think they're trying to make me laugh. Because this is just getting funny. Or sad. One of those two things.

Seriously, don't mess with my Turkey Dinner at Thanksgiving. Bonus points if you have some ham. Mashed Potatoes with gravy (preferably turkey gravy)... How many days till I get to eat like a pig, again?

Also, this:​
Looks like Zim's brain parasite already got PETA!​

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
sir.rutthed said:
Shame they're too busy being attention whores to actually do anything constructive.
How many members of PETA does it take to change a light bulb? Dunno 'cos PETA can't change anything.

On topic. What the fuck? How do you start off with such good intentions and end up asking a town to change it's name? Go protest a turkey farm, sneak in with a hidden camera to show cruel conditions, write an angry letter ... just do something that might actually change how animals are treated and not circle the bush (I would have said stop beating round round the bush but at this point they aren't even beating it, just giving it angry stares!).

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Mad World said:
Turkeys are meant to be eaten. As long as they're killed in humane ways, there is no problem.
My thoughts exactly. Turkeys are large and unintelligent, and the meat they provide is lean, healthy, and delicious. Also, they're very mean and aggressive, significantly more so than chickens and geese, so not only is the idea of keeping them as pets absurd, it's also not possible.

So we've got this big, stupid, mean, aggressive, delicious and nutritious bird...and we're NOT supposed to eat it? Sure, PETA...whatever you say.

shadowelancer

Mar 18, 2009
Further fuel to my "PETA is a bunch of morons" fire.
My stance on things like being a vegetarian is if we werent meant to eat meat then we would find things like iron in salad.