PETA creates Pokemon parody game, Black and Blue.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

PETA are known for their parody games, but this is something else. It has the player playing as Pikachu and other pokemon rebelling against their trainers and kicking their asses with attacks like Group Hug and Protest.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
To be fair, Pokemon is basically cock fighting turned into an international sport. Also, in Pokemon Red/Blue, it's implied that there was a war recently fought using Pokemon. The one who implied it most heavily was Lt. Surge, I think.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Oh boy, where to begin with this one.

Okay, I'm not sure if PETA is aware that Team Plasma is actually THEM in the Pokemon sense. Team Plasma talks a big game about releasing Pokemon and cease capturing or even interacting with them, all the while its members have Pokemon in Pokeballs and engage in battles. It is later revealed by their true leader that it was all a ruse in order to gain power by overwhelming the world with their caught Pokemon (and their hacked Hydreigon. Yes, check when it evolves, that's a hacked Pokemon!).

Similarly, PETA are only interested in the rights of WILD animals, in that they should be released from zoos and research facilities and protected in the wild. As far as domesticated animals/pets or mixed breed animals are concerned, they want them all to be taken away from human ownership and exterminated.

In terms of their little Black and Blue version, it completely misrepresents the game by being too violent and fighting against humans. Their game mechanics suck, too (seriously, how does a Pikachu using Quick Attack do more damage than Thundershock?).

So yeah, like the Tanooki suit incident, PETA is just garnering attention with the release of a new, popular game by creating an inaccurate mess of a game and stumbling over their own lack of understanding or simple research.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I love how gory this game is. Normal Pokemon should totally be like this.

Also, how long do you think it will be before Nintendo sues over this? I'm guessing it won't take long.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
CrimsonBlaze said:

Okay, I'm not sure if PETA is aware that Team Plasma is actually THEM in the Pokemon sense. Team Plasma talks a big game about releasing Pokemon and cease capturing or even interacting with them, all the while its members have Pokemon in Pokeballs and engage in battles. It is later revealed by their true leader that it was all a ruse in order to gain power by overwhelming the world with their caught Pokemon (and their hacked Hydreigon. Yes, check when it evolves, that's a hacked Pokemon!).

Similarly, PETA are only interested in the rights of WILD animals, in that they should be released from zoos and research facilities and protected in the wild. As far as domesticated animals/pets or mixed breed animals are concerned, they want them all to be taken away from human ownership and exterminated.

In terms of their little Black and Blue version, it completely misrepresents the game by being too violent and fighting against humans. Their game mechanics suck, too (seriously, how does a Pikachu using Quick Attack do more damage than Thundershock?).

So yeah, like the Tanooki suit incident, PETA is just garnering attention with the release of a new, popular game by creating an inaccurate mess of a game and stumbling over their own lack of understanding or simple research.
Did you play the game? There's a Pikachu in the side bar holding a sign that says 'I SUPPORT TEAM PLASMA', and the game mechanics are similar enough to actual Pokemon's (Without being too involved because it's not a real game- it's just a parody) that whoever made it has actually played the games before. Which is more than can be said about most video game adaptations.

Edit: Nevermind the first part, I misread. Second part stands though.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
CrimsonBlaze said:

Did you play the game? There's a Pikachu in the side bar holding a sign that says 'I SUPPORT TEAM PLASMA', and the game mechanics are similar enough to actual Pokemon's (Without being too involved because it's not a real game- it's just a parody) that whoever made it has actually played the games before. Which is more than can be said about most video game adaptations.

Edit: Nevermind the first part, I misread. Second part stands though.
I just hope that PETA doesn't find out about World of Chaos because they don't need that kind of support/traffic from these domesticated animal killers.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
PeTA should totally take a look at Tokyo Jungle. That game literally features animals beating eachother to death and biting their throats out, cute animals at that. I would love to see their take on it.

(Tokyo Jungle is an awesome game though, not hating)

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Beat the snot out of people until they agree with you.

Whatever you say PETA!

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Darn, I didn't see this one!
So I just ended up reposting =w=...great.

Anywho: Eeeyup We got a Team Plasma Irl now...
Guess what? Everyone else used Laugh at!
No one gives a shit about Peta!

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Even though PETA rank way up in the top 5 of the most hypocritical organisations in human history, you have to give them credit - at least they are passionate about their hypocrisy.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
This might as well be a tasteful and affectionate parody... if it weren't such ridiculous strawman propaganda.

At least they put a bit of effort into it though. Liking Ash Ketchum's new style. And pikachu never looked cuter than in chains and bandages...

phylline

Oct 23, 2011
I loathe PETA. This is a totally pointless issue for them to latch onto (really, who gives a shit about animal enslavement in pokemon?), antics like this just give the animal rights movement the extra task of distinguishing themselves from PETA (not easy, given to most people animal rights = PETA).

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
ohnoitsabear said:
I love how gory this game is. Normal Pokemon should totally be like this.

Also, how long do you think it will be before Nintendo sues over this? I'm guessing it won't take long.
They can't sue, because it would be protected by the constitution as a parody and it's free, they could only sue if PETA decided to sell the game for money.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Its kinda hollow when you remember Peta exterminate pets as a matter of course and are, essentially, a bunch of moral crusading morons with no idea about the reality.

I hate the fact that thanks to peta (And other, similarly insane, groups), a close *redacted* of mine can never reveal what kind of work they do.

I think its about time PETP was set up (People for the Ethical Treatment of Pets) with the sole purpose of tracking down every member of PETA and forcing them to live in the same quality of accommodation that they force upon the animals in their "Care" prior to being put down because they would be "Happier" dead.