PETA is Angry that Nintendo Turned Cow Milking into a 1-2-Switch Game

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
How about PETA do a PSA telling everyone that they euthanize animals because their PETA and they don't care what people think as long as it get publicity? If you can't take it, stop trying to dish it out, you hypocrites.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
First and foremost, I would like to state that PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) is in no way associated with this letter.

Secondly. Perhaps if games influence kids behaviour as certain... morons (couldn't think of a kind noun) believe, maybe this "game" will inspire a new generation of dairy farmers.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
I have a family member in P.E.T.A, and talking to her is like talking to a person in a bubble. As well as her friends, who happen to be in P.E.T.A. Everything is black and white with no grey and you are either with them or against them. Don't get me wrong animals are great; But I think P.E.T.A's love goes a little bit to the extreme in the way that a Sheep Herder loves his single date-able sheep.

Also, how believable is an organization when they have not figured out that chastising people doesn't win you arguments. It only turns people away and start to hate your stand point more and more.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Every time I think these dozy twats have sunk as low as they can, some ambitious go-getter in the group picks up a jackhammer and digs a new basement. Jesus Christ why won't you all die?

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Oh boo-hoo. I'm a vegetarian, and even I hate PETA.

Never do I hear of them solving anything that actually matters. It seems like it's all desperate publicity stunts to hoover up donation money.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Major_Tom said:
In 2015 PETA killed 1456 animals and adopted 60, in 2015 I adopted 1 dog and killed 0, therefore I'm a much better animal rights group. Don't give your money to PETA - send it to me! Those Kong toys ain't cheap.
Awesome dog, I shall have to find your movement's website and become fanatically devoted to it.

Reasonable Atheist

Mar 6, 2012
The masses are clamoring for a game about the violent insemination of cows, and the sooner nintendo realizes that, the sooner we can get this industry back on track!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
and again they shoot them, self in the foot. i thought such a crappy organization would have been abolished since they kill more animals then they safe. i know i would have shut them down, throw them all in prison and throw away the key. such hypocrites.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I'm the first to disparage non-human animal rights, but in this case... actually, PETA may have a point. Bubbly depictions of farm animal life are certainly inaccurate. Now, I'm not at all interested in changing farm animal life, but there are people with absolutely nothing better to do than worry about how cattle are treated, so I guess to them this is a big deal. I'm OK with factory farms being horrific. But I also feel no compelling need to downplay the horror. Yes, this is what we'll let happen for milk. Because milk. And prices. And why does anyone care, it's a cow, it's fine.

That being said, the harsh reality of dairy farming seems a little outside of Nintendo's wheelhouse and general tone.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
PETA is the biggest waste of human time, effort and money in human history.
That's debatable depending on the particular point in time being questioned, but overall they're generally pretty high up there.

Seriously though, I would love to see someone in a higher position basically tell PETA to go fuck themselves in a very public way.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
and this is why those people are not welcome in our city by order of the chief of police just like the WBC and the KKK:)

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
What's tragic is, having looked into it, there is some appauling methods that are used when it comes to dairy farming. But I don't think this is the best way to go about it, especially since the game isn't based on those methods.

I strongly believe in animal welfare, but can't agree with the complete abolition of the use of animals for products/services. Like it or loathe it, animal testing has led to medical breakthroughs, guide dogs are an asset to the blind, etc.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
PETA shouldn't be one to throw stones. They have been known to kidnap peoples pets, steal them from their homes, and euthanize them in the same day.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Silentpony said:
Every article involving PETA could be changed to "PETA is angry; and then they killed some puppies " and nothing would change. They're a disgusting hypocritical organization and I suspect a front of something for celebrities to funnel money.
Agreed. Why are these guys still around? They're known for killing more animals than saving them. PETA is the reason why so many animal rights organization get a bad name.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I understand that PETA is a hated organization. I agree that most of their hatred is deserved. However, I still can't help but observe the cognitive dissonance of people, who are quick to be outraged by reading a headline saying something or someone is "racist" or "sexist". Yet, when it comes to animal rights, their attitude is "Fuck Them!"

My position is while you are correct that animal rights groups like PETA have ruined their credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. I feel the "racist" and "sexist" outrage groups(for a lack of a better word) have also lost credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. It has gotten to a point where most people have rolled their eyes in disbelief of those accusations and realize that it's being done as clickbait.

In conclusion, your stance of "Fuck Them" as a reaction to the demands of animal rights being represented in video games. It is the same response that a lot of people have justifiably feel about other social justice demands of video games and other forms of entertainment.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
KissingSunlight said:
I understand that PETA is a hated organization. I agree that most of their hatred is deserved. However, I still can't help but observe the cognitive dissonance of people, who are quick to be outraged by reading a headline saying something or someone is "racist" or "sexist". Yet, when it comes to animal rights, their attitude is "Fuck Them!"

My position is while you are correct that animal rights groups like PETA have ruined their credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. I feel the "racist" and "sexist" outrage groups(for a lack of a better word) have also lost credibility by being over-zealous and alienating by how they advocate their position. It has gotten to a point where most people have rolled their eyes in disbelief of those accusations and realize that it's being done as clickbait.

In conclusion, your stance of "Fuck Them" as a reaction to the demands of animal rights being represented in video games. It is the same response that a lot of people have justifiably feel about other social justice demands of video games and other forms of entertainment.
Wasn't aware that SJW non-organizations killed your dog or diverted funding away from actual advocacy groups
False equivalence strikes again!

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Tbh as far as PETA goes this is outright sensible. The title of the article is misleading, it's not just that Nintendo made a milking game, it's that they've teamed up with an actual farm with actual animals and actual milking. And if you're opposed to the dairy industry and believe it's cows being harmed, well there are actual cows involved here.

That being said, fuck PETA.

(Also they suggest almond milk minigame instead? Pffft it's not exactly good for the environment either but PETA's gonna PETA.)