PETA: Mario is Pro Fur

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I find it strange that the picture makes Mario still look rather cute. Especially with that little stuffed animal head that is clearly both a different color and still has its own ears compared to what Mario is wearing... and the little candy cane representing the tailbone is a nice cutesy touch, really brings the message home. Remember kids: fur is adorable and you should wear it at any cost. PETA says so. ...also if you wear it like Mario does, it gives you the ability to fly.

ctalons

Jul 12, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ469uTXRw&feature=feedu

Watch the Mario video and see if you change your mind.

Warning though, how we treat these animals is brutual.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I forgot about the Team Meat incident. Is PETA so desperate that they're trolling video games now? And who the hell gave them the idea that anyone who plays video games gives a damn? Moviegoers, theater people, video gamers, ect.; crazy is still crazy, no matter who you direct it towards. Maybe the only answer is to hit 'em right back like what Team Meat did. The idea of sending back the message "nobody cares, and look! We're killing more virtual animals in spite of you!" is at the very least entertaining and a good choice if the silent treatment doesn't work.
Desperate or crazy, I'm honestly not sure which.

I'm not sure what the solution to PETA is, either, but at least the humourous response is entertaining and fun.
Very true. PETA is like a fly buzzing around, just out of killing reach[footnote]That one was for you, PETA![/footnote] that never learns to either go out the window or ram itself into a lightbulb enough times until it dies. So if we can't quite kill it, and it won't just go away, at the very least we can mock it!

Kuroneko97 said:
Haven't we just come to expect this from PETA? Mindless accusations that make little to no sense?

Why did my parents send me to the PETA website at 8 just because I'm a vegetarian? Everyone, eat whatever the fuck you want. Not my place to tell you what you can and can't put in your body. When will PETA realize this?
Given that PETA blatantly detriments their own ostensible cause, I can only guess that their only goal is to change everyone else's eating habits. And when you think about that as an actual goal from an organization's standpoint, that is plain messed up. That's the kind of crap you can only trace back to a conspiracy on South Park levels of absurdity.

"Everyone must forgo meat because once man finally learns his place on the food chain, Cthulhu will rise forth and do battle with all of the animals of the world who join into one giant, Mega Possum -- sorta like Voltron!"

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Signa said:
samsonguy920 said:
Makes me think of the ending to Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy(The book. Read it sometime, kids). Best result ever for a group like this. I would share it but I am not one for giving spoilers to stories I really enjoy.
Weren't you listening? No cookie for you!
That ending was unexpected, but very suiting for people like PETA.

hippies get left in the woods naked.
No cookie for you. No soup, either.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Oh PETA, always picking fights with people who don't give a crap about your message.

[sub][sub]Still, I just know the internet will blow this up and give them the attention they so desperately want.[/sub][/sub]

What disturbs me most about this is the fact that PETA didn't notice this outfit in the GODDAMN 90s in Super Mario Bros 3!!

YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE PETA! NOW GTFO

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
You realise the more we talk about PETA, the more press they get. Regardless of how stupid, and wrong their comments may be, they're getting attention. Any press, is good press. The best way to get press? Say/do stupid shit that gets people angry.

If we can just ignore them, we'll forget about their existance, and so will the rest of the world.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
PETA, seriously.

Shouldn't you use your energies for abolishing bullfighting, seal killings and elephant murder instead of making Cooking Mama and Super Mario your priority???

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
ctalons said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ469uTXRw&feature=feedu

Watch the Mario video and see if you change your mind.

Warning though, how we treat these animals is brutual.
How WE treat the animals is brutal. How MARIO treats those animals is irrelevant, because in his world they DON'T EXIST. That would be like complaining about how badly we treat our unicorns.

Besides, the Tanooki Suit is clearly cotton/synthetic; it is obtained from leaves. Fact check, PETA.

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
Nice going PETA, but little advice, the gae sucks, you can't kill catch up to Mario and the jumping is way off, I kept falling into the holes because of your wierd controls. A for effort, but F minus fo taste.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
I would love to know where Mario finds these man-sized tanookis to skin and wear. Also, how does he skin them? Does he carry around a hunting knife everywhere he goes? Why doesn't he use the knife to defeat his enemies, because it sure would be a lot more effective than jumping.

Clearly PETA is an organization run by trolls.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
That's it, I'm gonna go and hunt down some small animals and make me some fancy arse fur clothes. Winter is coming after all and anything that angers these nutters can only be a good thing.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
I'd just like to know how the leaf figures into this "Mario skins animals alive so he can steal their powers!" thing. I mean, I don't see any raccoon dogs in the game, or the cold slaughter of said raccoon dogs (which, by the way, can spread rabies, Trichinella spiralis, Echinococcosis and other harmful diseases so either Mario has the immune system of a true champ or then maybe he doesn't actually wear any freshly skinned tanukis), I see an overweight Italian plumber in a magical mushroom kingdom touching a leaf and magically turning into a tanuki man in a puff of smoke. This doesn't exactly scream "MAMMA MIA! TIME TO SLAUGHTER-A DELICIOUS ANIMALS AND WEAR-A THEIR MORTAL COIL FOR THEIR POWERS!"

On a sidenote, if actually wearing a suit made of raccoon dog pelts gave you the power of flight, there wouldn't be raccoon dogs any more and people would be flying around on fur-powered transportation technology.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
You missed another spin-off called cooking mama:mama kills animals...no i'm serious it actually exists XD

http://features.peta.org/CookingMama/