PETA Wants Michael Vick Dropped From Madden NFL Cover Vote

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
Fuck Vick, I actually hope he does end up on the cover and breaks his leg again..then we decide do we heal him or shoot that piece of shit in the head and put him out of his misery. I am a vegetarian and animal lover (not a PETA member BTW) and that whole industry makes me sick.

uto

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but for the first time ever, I'll take PETA's side. Vick may have been given another chance by the NFL, but what he did and was a part of...I haven't forgotten.

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Im sure EA will stick to their guns and defend Michael Vick up until the week of release of madden '12. They will then change Vick's name in the game to 'Opfor' and then act like nothing happened.

Cookie if you get the reference.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I would think they'd push for him to be on the cover considering the Madden curse.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Well of course Michael Vick is going to be a candidate for 2012 cover, he was one of the best players in the NFL this season. That's how you become a candidate, you play a great season of football. The things he did to those dogs are despicable, but he's paying for those crimes (as he should be). I'm not going to defend his actions, but I do believe that shouldn't affect his chances of being on the cover of a videogame.

Also, it's a real fucking kicker that PETA hates Vick seeing that they themselves euthanised 1325 cats and dogs a few years ago. Dumbasses...

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
Trucken said:
Also, it's a real fucking kicker that PETA hates Vick seeing that they themselves euthanised 1325 cats and dogs a few years ago. Dumbasses...
Some helpful reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_euthanasia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_cruelty

joeman098

Jun 18, 2007
Time to vote for vick because as much as I might find the whole dog thing wrong i find peta to be even more wrong then that

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
uppitycracker said:
oppp7 said:
I have a feeling people are going to vote for Vick just to spite PETA.
you know, i'm not usually one to come around and tell you who to hate (as i am an equal opportunity hater, i try to not only hate everything on an even level, but allow others to decide what is hate-worthy themselves), but i must say... michael vick is one man. PETA is a damned organization filled with thousands of equally-ignorant and hypocritical individuals. i think the choice is clear here.
I'm not saying I appreciate PETA. PETA is unpopular, pretty much rightly so, so I will never be on their side unless it's something that matters.
Besides, animal rights isn't cool anymore and I've stopped caring about them compared to humans, hence my lax stance on Vick's BS (This may have sounded sarcastic, but it's actually how I feel right now). But I guess I have to draw a line somewhere, such as Vick. Even so, like EA said, he did his time and that's that, on top of how this is just a small punishment that will do absolutely nothing for animal rights. Also...
Xzi said:
oppp7 said:
I have a feeling people are going to vote for Vick just to spite PETA.
I'll vote for Vick because I'm an Eagles fan, he's the best QB in the league right now, AND to spite PETA.
...called it.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I feel I must echo something my uncle, as a quantifier a big NFL fan, recently said. "Why couldn't Vick have just shot someone? This would be over and done with already, no one gives a **** if you hurt people."

I mean, what he did was bad, yes. Did he get time off just because he is in the NFL? Lord yes, and it's not fair ******. However, the number of people who want him dead, or in prison until he is like eighty? Perspective, it's not just a very long word, and you need some... Lord knows he will never, no matter how good he tries, clean he stays, anything, EVER, get into the hall of fame now. I'll take that as a victory and MOVE ON with my life, thank you.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
llafnwod said:
Trucken said:
Some helpful reading:
A difference between animal cruelty and animal euthanasia? Sure. But PETA, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals KILLS animals. The organization that wants animals to have the same rights as people KILLS animals. Doesn't that make them mass murderers?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
you know... I'm just going to troll Peta and vote for Vick. He's a decent guy, and good player. Get off his back.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
I don't watch American football so will not get this game, I did however hear about Vick and his horrific acts of violence towards animals, but I've also heard alot more about peta's acts of violence and brainwashing towards humans and animals, so 1 dog killer vs the pure evil that is peta? Yeah I'm siding with the dog killer.

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
Trucken said:
llafnwod said:
Trucken said:
Some helpful reading:
A difference between animal cruelty and animal euthanasia? Sure. But PETA, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals KILLS animals. The organization that wants animals to have the same rights as people KILLS animals. Doesn't that make them mass murderers?
PETA does not want animals to have the same rights as humans, and the idea behind euthanasia is that it is better for the animals to die painlessly than continue to suffer or starve to death.
My main problem with the responses in this thread is the fact that people are honestly putting aside Vick's actions, actions they self-admittedly abhor, because PETA is the group complaining is exactly the sort of cliched "Hitler was a vegetarian" bullshit I thought everyone grew out of by the seventh grade. You could make the argument that his personal life should have no bearing on whether he shows up on the cover of a game, but I doubt anyone would be if it were bums instead of dogs he was dragging off the street and torturing.

I hope.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
think it's way past time we all just forgive Vick heh

of course PETA's opinion here tends to augment that haha

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
No.

I'm from Philadelphia and I SEEN him work hard. I don't give a flying f*** about what he did, he served his time, he did his job and he became a better man for it.

Why won't people let it go? What if I went around bringing up all the crap that anyone did? Everyone would be like "Oh that was a long time ago, give me a chance."

Then they should give him a chance.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with PETA? I mean people have a legitimate point when they take a stance against them but as far as I can tell the only thing they've done wrong was have a laughably bad PR department.

As for Vick. Fuck that guy. I mean seriously.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
My word I would love nothing more then to drop this guy into a pack of hungry wolfs. What a piece of crap this guy is. I live in England so I havnt had much experience with PETA or their "ways" but even I heard about this scumbag. Pics online and everything. I really like American Football, it and Rugby are the only two sports I can watch without getting bored. This guy does not deserve to walk out onto the street let alone the sports pitch.

llafnwod said:
SAT4NSLILHELPER said:
As for Vick. Fuck that guy. I mean seriously.
Fucking finally. Jesus Christ.
In-FUCKING-deed!!! (I actually dont like swearing but I felt this called for it, apologies)