PETA's Pokemon Parody Battles Animal Abuse

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Infernal Lawyer said:
Oh look. Peta is once again crying for attention and makes a 'parody' game. Meanwhile they continue to massacre the animals they claim they love so much in the name of mercy. At least McDonald's doesn't pretend that it's doing it's cows a favour by turning them into beefburgers.

I'll take Peta seriously when they actually try to help animals. And maybe when they start going after Monster Hunter.
At least when McDonalds kills a cow, they turn it into food.
I demand that Peta eat every animal they murder!

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Hey there Peta. Glad to see you haven't changed one bit. Whenever Nintendo releases a new game, you need to scream for attention by using a cheap parody just so people can notice you. How about Nintendo flip things around, and make a game about ATEP, the Apparently tremendously evil people, an organization that puts up a front that it is for the betterment of animals, using techniques to burn down buildings and assault people, only to kill off most of the animals they "rescue". But such a thing would be too contrived, right PETA? No organization would be that blatantly stupid and evil, right?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Given that this falls under fair use (commentary, criticism, parody, etc), they'd basically waste money and give PETA more attention.
*sigh*
I know that, although you'd have to admit that it would be funny to say the least. :p
I mean, Nintendo does know ways around that clause nowadays, as the Fair Use Act of 1976 is verrrry outdated. I'm well acquainted with it since I do Let's Plays.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, whenever you have a bad day, PETA is there just to ensure an immediate cheering up.

Because, apparently the ridicule they garnered from the Pokemon, they have to go even farther and cross it over with McDonald's?

Also, that Ronald McDonald sprite is to die for. I think I found my new avatar.

EDIT-I think its funny that Peta writes the "e" in their name the same way the escapist does. I don't know why that's amusing to me, it just is.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
I always wondered what they did with all the donation money.

I genuinely believe that PETA is the puppet organization of a more responsible animal rights group which has figured out that, by generating traffic through this sort of thing, they can earn billions in ad money.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
PETA games always bring a smile to my face. Mama Kills Animals, the mario games where you play as chickens, Super Tofu Boy, and the Pokemon parody games are always a treat.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
dragongit said:
Hey there Peta. Glad to see you haven't changed one bit. Whenever Nintendo releases a new game, you need to scream for attention by using a cheap parody just so people can notice you. How about Nintendo flip things around, and make a game about ATEP, the Apparently tremendously evil people, an organization that puts up a front that it is for the betterment of animals, using techniques to burn down buildings and assault people, only to kill off most of the animals they "rescue". But such a thing would be too contrived, right PETA? No organization would be that blatantly stupid and evil, right?
Team Plasma was basically the evil animal activist group in Pokemon. PETA even references this in Pokemon: Black and Blue.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
"Pokemon Red White and Blue"?

I switched off at that name alone ¬_¬

Still, this story gave me the best thing for my inner child: Pokemon Themed Happy Meals! :D

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Neronium said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Given that this falls under fair use (commentary, criticism, parody, etc), they'd basically waste money and give PETA more attention.
*sigh*
I know that, although you'd have to admit that it would be funny to say the least. :p
I mean, Nintendo does know ways around that clause nowadays, as the Fair Use Act of 1976 is verrrry outdated. I'm well acquainted with it since I do Let's Plays.
Yeah, but they're getting around it on a completely different level.

In any case, I'm not sure Nintendo feeding the trolls would be funny.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
That picture is scarier than Lavander Town. And since this is the second time, I'm hoping Nintendo won't be willing to let this one slide and send some tentacle monsters on their ass. (I assume Japan has stores that rent them out)

While Nintendo might not have as much cash as it did, it still holds a ton of clout, and PETA really deserves it.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Zachary Amaranth said:
[

Therumancer said:
So, what is PETA's beef with McDonalds again? Oh wait, it must be the beef. How dare people eat meat! It kind of surprises me that they would think that meat is a dead animal is something kids are oblivious to, you learn the 4 basic food groups, beef is from cows, pork is from pigs, fish comes from well... fish... pretty early in school.
Your food groups are a little off.

As far as PETA's video game creators... after "Super Tofu Boy" succeeded to an extent I was expecting to see more of this and I was apparently right.
On the plus side, Team Meat's response to PETA was AWESOME.

Indeed it was.

Also your right I forgot the smiley on the joke and delivered it badly.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
zombiejoe said:
dragongit said:
Team Plasma was basically the evil animal activist group in Pokemon. PETA even references this in Pokemon: Black and Blue.
I haven't touched a Pokemon game since Sapphire. I thought I heard they did something like that. I still think they should do it more often, eye for an eye.

Terraniux

Oct 4, 2011
That was... that was... THE BEST. PETA should make a full game based around this, and I would play it. I'm neither joking nor lying.

And check out a couple of the moves!

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
This whole thing smacks of brain washing to me.
Fuck PETA.

And like I do in every thread about Peta, I make it better by adding Peta Todd.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I don't see why so many people are complaining, this is exactly the sort of thing PETA should be doing to promote their message. I thought that the reason everyone hated PETA was because of all the harmful things they did in the name of their cause, rather than the cause itself. Somehow I can't bring myself to feel that promoting veganism and decrying factory farming is inherently evil.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
*rolls eyes* not this again come on Nintendo stop letting PETA get publicity with your stuff...

on the whole anti-meat thing I offer the following opinon

arugably eating meat isnt in its self bad its part of nature..

but yes Mcdonalds and a lot of the big meat industry companys are unreasonably cruel to animals (we have be studing this in a class I take this simester) they are also cruel to their workers (underpaid dangerios jobs etc) and break laws both health and on anti crulity...
PETA is also evil an evil in sheeps clothing they "rescuse" animals and euthanize them, not to mention they are encredably sexest

drthmik

Jul 29, 2011
dragongit said:
it's called Pokemon: Black and White and Black 2 and White 2
Team Plasma = PETA
Stealing and abusing animals for their own good
Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw this?