Petition to build statue of Master Chief in White House front lawn.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
So, forum, someone has apparently made an official petition for the US government to build a statue of Master Chief in the front lawn of the white house.
All I can say is... dafuq?
This came as a huge part of comic relief to me as I had swam through 1000 petitions asking for states to secede from the union (Bunch of idiots, but let's keep this situation as non-political as possible) when I stumbled upon this glorious petition. Here, have a look.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/build-statue-master-chief-petty-officer-spartan-john-117-lawn-white-house/SlnRCpqH

Yes, this is a real link to the real website of petitions which will likely never be answered ever, but it is still technically a thing.

The petition states that the Petty Officer "...Deserves more praise for what he has done"
So far it has racked up 4026 signatures, and it requires 25,000 to be officially reviewed. So, if you believe Spartan 117 should have an eternal mark of triumph put in one of the most notable locations of the United States of America, now is the time for your voice to be heard.

UPDATE: It seems a lot of you are taking this seriously. This petition was likely not made in a serious manner, and this website has been pretty good at cracking down on overly rediculous petitions such as this. No, this isn't going to happen- However thankful or not thankful you are for that fact. The best this petition can get is an official responce from a whitehouse corrospondant on this unusual request.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Yes. YES. YYYEEEEESSSS!!!!!! EVERYONE SIGN IT!!!! EVERYONE!!!

This would be the greatest thing EVER. I can imagine telling my Grand children about Master Chief, and they would say "That's not true." and I would take them to the Statue and be like "Isn't it?" It would be awesome.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, anyone can start a petition and get people to vote on it, especially if it's silly.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Eh, anyone can start a petition and get people to vote on it, especially if it's silly.
True, but this is the first one that's gotten enough momentum to be shown on the website (They only show the petitions to the public if they get enough signatures beforehand)
All in all, most of the stuff on their is atleast somewhat legitiment, this is the first true comedic thing I've seen on it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The only thing I can say is that the President will take this more seriously than the ridiculous secession petition.

That said, the Gundam statue in Japan is better

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I was totally about to sign it when I realized that you have to be an American citizen to sign it, now I am sad. Damn this world why am I not allowed to make a difference!!!

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Sorry but this is a horrendous idea. Having a small statue on a teenagers desk is fine but putting something like that on the front lawn of the leader of the US is tasteless and vulgar. Master Chief is a tool of war. The US shouldn't want to glorify a weapon of war to that degree not to mention a fictional one. It would be disrespectful of people who have fought for their country.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
If anything they should put up a giant statue of Optimus Prime.
It's a way of symbolizing a fictional peace-keeper who's also a kicker of asses while also having some way to combat the giant Gundam statue in Japan incase it ever goes rogue.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I love me a good vidja game related joke as much as the next guy but no, this is just far too stupid.

May 17, 2010
Waaaaaaaaaaay to stupid. I mean it's a videogame character, from a sci-fi shooter. It's just so silly. Not to mention how completely unrelated it is to the office of the president.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
That's just...that's just silly. If they wanted a statue of Mario or, Megaman then that would still be hilariously ridiculous but both of those characters are more worthy of a statue than Chief.

FalloutJack said:
The only thing I can say is that the President will take this more seriously than the ridiculous secession petition.

That said, the Gundam statue in Japan is better
I forgot about that and agree 1,000x over.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
This hasn't been done before?
I thought that out of all ideas people have for petitions it would've been done...
Well, funny nonetheless :D

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
The amount of people in this thread who seem to be taking this suggestion seriously is quite worrying.

No, nobody actually really wants a Master Chief statue outside the Whitehouse, the way the petition system works is that if any particular petition (no matter what the content) reaches 25,000 votes in a certain time then the Whitehouse must release a statement regarding that particular plea.
Obviously the Whitehouse are just going to immediately say "NO" but the fun is that we could actually make them, by law, have to consider the proposition of putting a statue of a made up, videogame character (particularly considering the stoic soldier persona of the Master Chief) on the Whitehouse lawn.

Personally I think Duke Nukem would be even funnier, but this is pretty good, well done whoever thought of it.

Ok, my Firefox autocorrect dictionary does not recognise the word "Whitehouse", but in the correction suggestions it does have "whorehouse" Who programmed that thing?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
lol WAT... I think a statue of Femshep would be much better :p

Although slightly less ridiculous than seceding from the union I agree. I mean, how would that even work. Don't they remember what happened last time.

Also I;m not American so I can't sign it but if I could I'd sigh this one https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legally-recognize-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/2K1ycBtp

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I like it but I think it should be a Spartan with Abraham Lincolns face, no helmet, beating a up a south American person with a mini empire state building...

Still signing it though...