Petition to build statue of Master Chief in White House front lawn.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
MammothBlade said:
Most real heroes are boring, find me a living soldier who is as undeniably cool as a fictional one. Oh look someone jumped on a grenade and crippled himself so other soldiers didn't die, he's a hero. But then his usefulness as a hero is ironically destroyed by his act of being a hero. No longer can he save anyone. There needs to be someone more than a man, who can do the impossible when no-one else can.

/donttakethistooseriously
Well Detroit already attempted a Robocop statue, so they can't copy them. How about Judge Dredd, Batman, or the Avengers?

Considering there was already a Batman statue unveiled at the end of the Dark Knight Rises it wouldn't even have to be commissioned or designed, just rent a truck for two days to drive it from Disneyland to Washington.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
You know what? This petition should go through except with some mild changes. Dress him up in a suit whilst in armour and then stick a plaque at the bottom of the statue saying President John without a date. Then see how many people will be fooled and actually believe there was a President that looked like that at some point in history. Best prank ever.
/silliness
Eh cool idea but will never see the light of day due to silliness and the US Government are not gonna accept it anyway.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
anthony87 said:
You could be on to something there. I mean the statue idea itself isn't bad, but the White House? Kind of a shit place to put it.
Exactly, we can knock all of the statues at no one cares about and replace them with pop culture characters!

Sure lots of people will be filled with murderous rage but think of the lolz!

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

A corporation's mascot has no place in neutral territory such as any govt property. Not to mention how this statue will reflect on us because everyone will analyze it.
You do realize the petition was made as a joke, correct?

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I hope this does get enough votes that the government has to oficially recognize it as a petition. Of course they're going to say no, but it's fun regardless.
It would have been even funnier if they had done it with a character like Duke Nukem rather than Master Chief, but unfortunately, there would probably be a lot fewer signatures for Duke than there would be for Master Chief.
Regardless, this is very amusing.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
MammothBlade said:
Most real heroes are boring, find me a living soldier who is as undeniably cool as a fictional one. Oh look someone jumped on a grenade and crippled himself so other soldiers didn't die, he's a hero. But then his usefulness as a hero is ironically destroyed by his act of being a hero. No longer can he save anyone. There needs to be someone more than a man, who can do the impossible when no-one else can.
John "Mad Jack" Churchill fought through WW2 using only a claymore, a bagpipe, and a bow. Would charge entire enemy squads by himself and force them to surrender or die... with a sword. Escaped from a German Pow camp and was disappointed by the wars end.

Simo Hayha killed between 700 and 760 with a rifle and an SMG in less than 100 days in -40 degree Celsius weather. The Russians bombed entire empty stretches of wilderness with planes and artillery just on the off chance that he might be there and they might hit him. When they finally literally just got lucky got him with a headshot. Not realizing that they ever hit him, on account of their literally just spraying bullets through the brush in a panic, they left. And Simo survived anyways.

Alvin York forced an entire partial strength German battalion to surrender. He did this while under attack from 32 separate German heavy machinegun emplacements. When the Germans flanked him with 6 guys, he killed them all with a pistol using only one clip of 8 bullets.

Hans-Ulrich Rudel shot down 9 planes while flying in a Stuka which is a feat in itself. Then destroyed 800 light ground vehicles, trucks and jeeps. 519 tanks. 150 seperate artillery pieces. 4 armored trains. A destroyer, two cruisers, seventy landing craft. And a freaking battleship.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I'm amazed how many people are going all serious business about this. I doubt it's for real, but it's funny.
Abandon4093 said:
Can you imagine how much of an alien invasion deterrent that would be.

They come down to Earth and see a statue of him in front of the White House and everyone on this ship goes

"Shit..... you mean that was a documentary?

REVERSE!"
YES!

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
This is stupidly redonculous.

And that statement is coming from a guy who registered just to sign the petition for nationalizing the Twinkie.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
MammothBlade said:
John "Mad Jack" Churchill fought through WW2 using only a claymore, a bagpipe, and a bow. Would charge entire enemy squads by himself and force them to surrender or die... with a sword. Escaped from a German Pow camp and was disappointed by the wars end.

Simo Hayha killed between 700 and 760 with a rifle and an SMG in less than 100 days in -40 degree Celsius weather. The Russians bombed entire empty stretches of wilderness with planes and artillery just on the off chance that he might be there and they might hit him. When they finally literally just got lucky got him with a headshot. Not realizing that they ever hit him, on account of their literally just spraying bullets through the brush in a panic, they left. And Simo survived anyways.

Alvin York forced an entire partial strength German battalion to surrender. He did this while under attack from 32 separate German heavy machinegun emplacements. When the Germans flanked him with 6 guys, he killed them all with a pistol using only one clip of 8 bullets.

Hans-Ulrich Rudel shot down 9 planes while flying in a Stuka which is a feat in itself. Then destroyed 800 light ground vehicles, trucks and jeeps. 519 tanks. 150 seperate artillery pieces. 4 armored trains. A destroyer, two cruisers, seventy landing craft. And a freaking battleship.
Keyword: Living

I know about all those...

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
thaluikhain said:
Eh, anyone can start a petition and get people to vote on it, especially if it's silly.
True, but this is the first one that's gotten enough momentum to be shown on the website (They only show the petitions to the public if they get enough signatures beforehand)
All in all, most of the stuff on their is atleast somewhat legitiment, this is the first true comedic thing I've seen on it.
Fund research and development of the genetic engineering of cat girls for "domestic" use.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
sextus the crazy said:
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

A corporation's mascot has no place in neutral territory such as any govt property. Not to mention how this statue will reflect on us because everyone will analyze it.
Not that your point isn't valid, but why pick me out of all the other people made the same point I did.

Also, I have a low opinion of some people, so yeah, I kinda expect at least part of the people who signed to be serious.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
MammothBlade said:

It looks like someone just read through all of the "badass of the week" articles. :)

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
You silly OP, this is not how you pronounce Doom Guy.

Seriously now, if this really happen [never], I would facepalm my head so hard, the universe would vaporized from the existent we humans know....

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
sextus the crazy said:
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Not that your point isn't valid, but why pick me out of all the other people made the same point I did.

Also, I have a low opinion of some people, so yeah, I kinda expect at least part of the people who signed to be serious.
I doubt that. I think most of the people who think this is serious didn't vote and instead complained about how stupid an idea it was.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The people who sign for this are the same people who voted for Vermin Supreme during the November elections. Jokers.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
MammothBlade said:
SpAc3man said:
Sorry but this is a horrendous idea. Having a small statue on a teenagers desk is fine but putting something like that on the front lawn of the leader of the US is tasteless and vulgar. Master Chief is a tool of war. The US shouldn't want to glorify a weapon of war to that degree not to mention a fictional one. It would be disrespectful of people who have fought for their country.

/donttakethistooseriously
Ill see your fictional character and raise you this guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369743/Gurkha-fought-Taliban-awarded-Gallantry-Cross.html

..not that there ought to be a statue of him outside the whitehouse, the gurkha are known to fight as a part of the British army as well as India's you know. (according to the mighty wikipedia at any rate). (many edits, credit must go where credit is due. it also kind of blows any arguement about kicking johnny foregner out of the uk out of the water)