"Phantom of the Arcade 2: Shadows, Darkness, and Dread" - A Text Adventure

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Skarin said:
Jedamethis said:
Skarin said:
Jedamethis said:
I can't lose!
I can't figure it out, and I want that other badge...
What specifically is troubling you?.
I don't know, that's the problem
Well I can't help you without knowing what the problem is?. Are you stuck with something in particular?.
I think it'll be something to do with the ending, as I can't find how to not escape...at least I think that's how you lose

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
Jedamethis said:
I think it'll be something to do with the ending, as I can't find how to not escape...at least I think that's how you lose
What do you use to escape in the Good ending?
I put everything in the machine, tie the girl up and escape, but that's only 60/65

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Oh!. I misread that at first. You mean you want to lose; as in get the bad ending?.

Well that should be easy, is you have (presumably) gotten the good ending you know the last minute event that occurs which allows you to escape. In order to prevent that from happening you simply have to avoid obtaining that specific item.

Hope that helps, I can't get anymore blunt than that without giving the answer itself. So, happy adventuring.

kahlzun

Sep 9, 2009
Kalas92 said:
kahlzun said:
Kalas92 said:
Fists said:
Kalas92 said:
I have:
Broken glass
a ping pong ball
stuffing
a screwdriver
a raincoat
and a handkerchief.
now i,ve been walking around for about half an hour trying to figure out what to do.
So I ask you fine people here at the escapist... WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!
and I have the copper spring.
Maybe there is some sort of story critical use for the peices of detritus you have collected, or at least something you could put them in while you think.
Could you please dumb that down so someone with the mental capacity of a third grader like myself could understand it. Please.
Have you been in the Maintenance Shed yet? Go there. Ponder existence.

I've been to the shed and it still tells me i'm missing something. What am I missing.
What does the Parts List say?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The note in the ice cream cart is one of the small hidden goodies in the game. It's also a shout out to all the playtesters who helped me out.
I worked out that and the photos references as well (weddings or just couples? Julianne and Mike are definately married, not sure about the others) and the merchandise one was quite easy to understand as well. Any others out there that we should be able to find?

Also, is there anything specific reference with the bananaphone or is it just in there because 'it's a bananaphone!!1!'?

Very fun game though. Now for the quizzes and possibly the old PotA!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Zombie_Fish said:
Susan Arendt said:
The note in the ice cream cart is one of the small hidden goodies in the game. It's also a shout out to all the playtesters who helped me out.
I worked out that and the photos references as well (weddings or just couples? Julianne and Mike are definately married, not sure about the others) and the merchandise one was quite easy to understand as well. Any others out there that we should be able to find?

Also, is there anything specific reference with the bananaphone or is it just in there because 'it's a bananaphone!!1!'?

Very fun game though. Now for the quizzes and possibly the old PotA!
The photos are all Themis (or ex-Themis) folks who got married in the past month. Just my little way of saying congratulations. :)

There's are two easter eggs I don't think anyone has found yet. At least - no-one has mentioned them.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
The photos are all Themis (or ex-Themis) folks who got married in the past month. Just my little way of saying congratulations. :)

There's are two easter eggs I don't think anyone has found yet. At least - no-one has mentioned them.
Thought so. I only got it from Julianne because of the news article a while back.

God damnit, two more to find!? [http://ishitnoise.com/wiki/images/9/99/ExplodingHead.GIF]

WillItWork

Apr 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:

There are a few other surprises that I think folks have yet to find. :) If no one finds them in a few days, I'll give some hints.

Also, bananaphone.
Bananaphone? Where?

In a related note, with all the spooky "it's after you" I had half expected a one-turn puzzle where you literally had to type x to not die.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I have the pingpong ball, the clown costume with secret item, the raincoat, the spring, the stuffing and a little pile of broken glass but it says i need another item.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
somedude98 said:
I have the pingpong ball, the clown costume with secret item, the raincoat, the spring, the stuffing and a little pile of broken glass but it says i need another item.
It shouldn't say that. Have you tried finding somewhere to put some of those items in? Somewhere quite important for completing the game?

EDIT:

WillItWork said:
Bananaphone? Where?
Go to the dead end a second time and you find a bananaphone there. Sadly, though, you can't pick it up.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
WillItWork said:
Susan Arendt said:

There are a few other surprises that I think folks have yet to find. :) If no one finds them in a few days, I'll give some hints.

Also, bananaphone.
Bananaphone? Where?

In a related note, with all the spooky "it's after you" I had half expected a one-turn puzzle where you literally had to type x to not die.
I thought of that, but given that you can't save your game in the Java version, it seemed really mean to make it possible for folks to die.

GreyJedi

Sep 22, 2009
wildpeaks said:
The web version has a save feature, however I don't know the verb for loading from file, "load" doesn't seem to be recognized ?
It's "Restore".
EDIT: Whoops, sorry. I didn't notice your previous posts.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
L4Y Duke said:
Have you tried wearing the surgeon's costume yet? I typed in "Get skeleton", and it responded with "Ze patient ees ready for ze amputation, doktor! Uff wiss ze leg!"
Ding! That's one of the remaining easter eggs down.

Still waiting for someone to find the other one...

:)