Phoenix Wright, Nova Join Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Cast

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Phoenix Wright, Nova Join Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Cast

Capcom has unveiled two new characters for the upcoming Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 alongside enough imagery and video footage to choke Galactus.

Though it comes as little surprise at this point, Capcom's Phoenix Wright and Marvel Comics' Nova are now officially in the Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 roster.

The former is an anime-styled lawyer known for his spiky hair, colorful cast of friends and enemies and for screaming "Objection!" at various times.

The latter is a pseudo-space cop infused with the collective powers of the now-deceased Nova Corps who travels the stars of the Marvel Universe looking for jerks to punch in the face. Sometimes those jerks are giant bugs, other times they aren't.

Based on the trailers that Capcom issued this morning, both characters seem to play as fans might expect. Wright hurls word bubbles and launches busty psychics to pummel his foes, while Nova trades his lower torso for a rocket engine and flies around the screen.

Did I say "trailers?" Yes, I realize that pluralization can be confusing given the single video embedded above, but if you travel over to the Capcom Unity blog [http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/10/13/phoenix_wright,_nova_revealed_for_ultimate_marvel_vs._capcom_3;_playable_at_nycc], you can see another four clips of the two fighters in action. It's worth the trip.

On the other hand, we do have a gallery below filled with all the still images Capcom dropped earlier today. They're quite pretty and took hours to upload, so please have a look, won't you?

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 hits store shelves on November 15, and features a $40 price tag.

[gallery=506]

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Wright looks rather lame in terms of gameplay (like Norimaru before him), but honestly it's pretty much what I expected. Not my style of character at all but I'm sure his fans will be pleased.

Nova actually looks decent if sort of cobbled together from things other characters can already do. I do like the look of the character as well.

Oct 30, 2010
Awesome.

Really surprised they didn't save Phoenix Wright for the last reveal. Is Frank West really more anticipated?

Rocket Raccoon better fucking have Groot in a hyper.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
esperandote said:
I'll wait for Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate 2
I'll wait for Marvel VS Capcom 3 Ultimate 2 : Super Funtime Edition. Those extra 3 characters and an actual story mode will be worth the 60$ price

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I feel that I need to master Phoenix Wright, and I need to know what kind of stuff he can pull off, being a defense attorney doesn't mean you're a turtle!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Saw this earlier and my hype just went up again. Both characters look fun to play as and Wright's lvl 3 hyper looked hilarious. (Doom looked so silly)

Oh and fun little thing I noticed in the second picture. There is a poster in the background showing various MVC2 characters labeled as either "slain" or "apprehended" though Mega Man seems to have nothing. (Oh Capcom...)

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Wright looks pretty tricky to use, but not that it's going to stop me using him.
Hopefully barely anyone'll use him so I get the bonus confusion factor of people not knowing how to fight him, like I had to cheat my way to a few wins through Arthur and Viewtiful Joe.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Phoenix Wright made this a buy for me. Not at launch, because I'll still be playing Skyrim.

But a buy.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nova is pretty awesome while Phoenix Wright is what I had expected. Quite funny that one oh his attack is a hadoken like energy in a shape of his finger pointing hand. (It make me wonder how Deadpool will react to this "Take that" attack.)

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I like Phoenix Wright but he seems kind of out of place here compared to other characters. I don't know about that.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Looking at Nova's moves, thinking that should've been Megaman X, hating Capcom again...

Chatboy 91

Feb 25, 2011
Well, now I have to get this game. The option of beating up people as Phoenix Wright is just too awesome.