Photos Capture Darth Vader On Sunny Holiday

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Photos Capture Darth Vader On Sunny Holiday

Somehow, Darth Vader just doesn't seem quite as scary when he's holding a surfboard ...

Most people don't stop and consider how hard it is being the Dark Lord of the Sith. Between the executions of disappointing minions, mutilating one's son in a lightsaber battle, and overseeing the construction of a new Death Star, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. So, every now and then, Lord Vader has to cut loose and unwind; on his latest vacation, his activities were documented by photographer Nick Presniakov.

OK, so the whole photo series is actually a pretty brilliant spoof by Presniakov. The photo series, "Dark Holiday", shows Vader visiting a seaside resort town to relax as best he can, which includes watching bad hotel TV, riding around on a Segway, and going surfing in a custom wetsuit.

Hopefully Lucasfilm doesn't go after the photographer and demand he take down the photos. The company is <a href=http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/forced_flick_nix_R1STAy0HWiY4HJdb5gbHzO>notoriously controlling over its Star Wars properties. If Presniakov manages to, y'know, not get sued, maybe he can do another series with some other Star Wars characters.

Source: Technabob

the spud

May 2, 2011
I wonder how difficult it is to clean all the sand out of your helmet.

I bet that cape looks cool while surfing.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
I would still be terrified. Surfboard + Force Powers = Me cut in half. That's not worth risking. If he wants a patch of beach, I'm moving.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
The picture of him om the chair with the umbrella is just awesome.

He's all dark and imposing, on a cute little chair.

HontooNoNeko

No more parties?
Nov 29, 2009
Wait he has to block the sun with his hand? Exactly what purpose does the helmet serve other than to look menacing?

Also I hope that suit has a built in air conditioning unit cause all that black is going to absorb A LOT of heat.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Isn't most of his suit supposed to be mechanical? water-proof much?

Vader wouldn't be so Darthly if he had a short circuit while riding a wave.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
On a more serious note, I doubt he can be sued for this. It's clearly for fun and games, and that would mean that Lucas would also have to go after everyone who's ever had fun with the image of Darth Vader ever. Like uhhh...Newgrounds, say? That alone would tie things up for YEARS.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Hope he doesn't track sand into his ship. Its hard enough getting sand out of a regular vehicle...

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I hope he wears a plastic bag over his water-sensitive robot parts.
Ruins the fun when suddenly your hand doesn't work anymore...

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Would it be wise of him to even be there due to him having a breathing device and robot limbs unless they are waterproof.
Still that surfboard look awesome!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
You just made my day. I'm crying manly tears of laughter here after seeing the Dark Lord beneath the beach umbrella and on the segway. Thank you for this piece of news, vansau! ^^

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
You guys should see the commercials Space (Canadian Sci Fi channel) has run the last few summers. They feature a) Darth Vader buying ice cream and force choking the ice cream vender b) Darth Vader trying to drink a Hawaiian drink in a pinapple and getting frustrated because he can't get the straw through his mask c) Boba Fett trying to BBQ d) Boba Fett trying to fix a bicycle d) Boba Fett fishing an catching a boot e) A Tatooine Sand Person building a sandcastle.