Pillars of Eternity Unveils God-Forged Creatures, The Eyeless

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Pillars of Eternity Unveils God-Forged Creatures, The Eyeless

We get an exclusive glimpse at a new creature coming to Pillars of Eternity - The White March Part 2. The Eyeless are beings forged by a god and coming to Eora on February 16.

Obsidian Entertainment's Pillars of Eternity was soon followed by The White March Part 1 expansion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/13681-Pillars-of-Eternity-Review], taking players even deeper into the mysteries of Eora.

Now, with the final installment of that expansion coming on February 16 in the form of The White March - Part 2, we get a glimpse at The Eyeless, massive creatures that players will encounter and be forced to defeat to move through the game.

"At the beginning of the second part of The White March, the Watcher has a dream in which they see terrible visions of these monstrous creatures sweeping across the Eastern Reach, destroying every settlement and overpowering every army in their path." said Josh Sawyer, Obsidian's game director for the series. "It's unclear where the Eyeless have come from and why they would want to destroy civilization, but the Watcher's dream puts them on a path to find out why."

And since the story calls for The Eyeless, it's up to the character artist team to bring them to life.

"From the start, we knew the Eyeless had to be really unique," said Dimitri Berman, lead character artist on Pillars of Eternity. "The story called for a race of beings forged by a god, so at once it was an exciting challenge. The Eyeless had to be practical because they were built for a purpose, but they were also truly alien to Eora, so we tried to convey that in their statuesque form. We also imagined the god could forge with both bronze and organic matter indiscriminately, and sometimes might blend the two, so there are parts where the internal metal skeleton reveals itself through the thin moon-flesh."

[gallery=5665]

Part 2 is expected to finish up many of the stories left dangling at the end of Part 1, while introducing a new Barbarian companion named Meneha. The game will be also incorporating a new gameplay mode called "Story Time," which will let players get through the world a bit quicker.

Pillars of Eternity has been one of the minor delays [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity].

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I love that they're still producing content for this game. This has easily been the best return on kickstarter money I've ever spent.

Heartsib

Jul 2, 2014
Lightknight said:
I love that they're still producing content for this game. This has easily been the best return on kickstarter money I've ever spent.
Hear, hear! And I'm ready to fork over cash for a sequel at any time.

Palpatin93

Dec 8, 2015
They kind of remind me of the Iron Ones from Spellforce. Also a race forged for the single purpose of combat.