Pimpin Reviews: Dragon Age Origins DLC

CincoDeMayo

Dec 17, 2008
I must say, Shale is THE most useful addition you'll ever experience in your team. She's crazy strong and all of her skills are very useful. I never go anywhere without her, ever. The aura is great when you just need to keep the team alive (for example when facing a huge dragon, the aura + Wynne as healer really does the trick) and both the offensive and defensive modes are also really useful. I almost never used the ranged mode though, didn't need it.

The Blood Dragon set was pretty dull, the Juggernaut set is far superior in that case, even though it might be a ***** to get the whole set with a low leveled party.

As for the rest, I can't say much as I haven't played neither RtO or WK, but judging from your review I can't say that I'm all that impressed either. I consider buying WK just for the extra inventory, but other than that it seems pretty "meh".

Nice review though, good read :)

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
Great Review! Shale is probably my favourite character in the whole game and I was happy I got the free code when I bought the game.

Also, I was surprised that not many people liked the BD armor. I thought it looked cool with the game logo across it and the glowing parts.

LWS666

[Speech: 100]
Nov 5, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
During the span of the next two years, BioWare plans to launch a variety of content either made in BioWare?s own headquarters or via the games online modding community -Which this reviewer is a proud member of-.
how did you get the database to install for the DA:O toolkit? it always fails for me, both if i try from the toolkit AND the one from microsofts website. i think it's the MSQL 2005 database or something...

also, shale is a woman. it's said like 50 times in shales loyalty mission.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Nice review as per usual (so usual that I'm debating on whether to state it or not anymore, I probably will seeing as getting positive feedback always makes me smile).

Only thing I didn't like about RTO is the choice at the end, be respectful, be a bastard or be a complete bastard, great selection BioWare >_>

On a side note, I am interested in what you've added to the Dragon Age Community, could you post links or PM me some so I can try them, please.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
LWS666 said:
Pimppeter2 said:
During the span of the next two years, BioWare plans to launch a variety of content either made in BioWare?s own headquarters or via the games online modding community -Which this reviewer is a proud member of-.
how did you get the database to install for the DA:O toolkit? it always fails for me, both if i try from the toolkit AND the one from microsofts website. i think it's the MSQL 2005 database or something...
I'm don't know, but your best bet would be to make a Post here [http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age_Wiki]

sms_117b said:
On a side note, I am interested in what you've added to the Dragon Age Community, could you post links or PM me some so I can try them, please.
Thanks for the nice words. As for this, I haven't done any self made jobs (not as comfortable with the DA:O toolkit as I am with The TES construction set) but I have done minor roles in some bigger projects. Nothing great anyways, I kind of "retired" from modding untill the next TES game comes out.