Pinball Arcade Doctor Who Kickstarter

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Farsight Studios is attempting to bring the 1992 Williams/Bally pinball table based on Doctor Who to Pinball Arcade. They've set a goal of $54,634 by Sat, Feb 13 2016 4:37 PM EST.

I am not affiliated with Farsight Studios. I am merely a fan who would really like this table to get funded and hope that this lets others know this Kickstarter even exists. The link is here. [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-doctor-who]

This is the fifth table to be Kickstarted by Farsight after Twilight Zone, Star Trek the Next Generation, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, and the Adams Family. All of these previous tables have been funded, so I am not super worried this one won't considering it's a popular table and theme, but you never know.

So, anyone else interested in getting this table to relive the early 90's?

EDIT: Found a promo video from 1992. Gad, it's corny.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Sorry, daft question but, why on Earth does it cost that much to re-create a pinball table in a video game?

I've played the Star Trek TNG table in real life and in Pinball Arcade, and the simulation is pretty good, but not $50,000 worth of good, even factoring in the cost of buying a table, licensing any IP's and whatnot.

Am I missing something here? I mean, I love Doctor Who and all and would love to see it, but, what is that money being spent on?

I worry when for-profit companies are using kickstarter like this. How much of that goes towards the actual project I have to question. Remember that Kickstarter is not a donation, it's a financial investment into a company. Like any other investor the money can be used as the company sees fit, even if it goes towards the bottom line.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
FileTrekker said:
I worry when for-profit companies are using kickstarter like this. How much of that goes towards the actual project I have to question. Remember that Kickstarter is not a donation, it's a financial investment into a company. Like any other investor the money can be used as the company sees fit, even if it goes towards the bottom line.
Its like $17 if you decide to back it....This isn't their first project either so they have a fairly decent portfolio.