Pirates Beat DSi Patch One Day After Release

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I don't even know why they bother anymore. :p Maybe they should make the best of a bad situation and stop the anti-piracy, and work instead on making customers happy.

Then again, the 3DS seems rather impenetrable - for the moment. It's a pity that the work around is so easy; get a DSi. :S

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's more about unlocking the platform then piracy, yet again companies believe users don't own the shit they paid for...
I understand Nintendo would love a locked down system and anyone going near it hasto throw money at them, but luckily the tyrannic regime of Nintendo can't be enforced yet.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
PhunkyPhazon said:
What DOES seem to wrok, at least temporarily, is when developers make sure pirates get gimped versions of the game. Rocksteady disabled Batman's glide ability in Arkham Asylum, Michael Jackson DS replaces the music with annoying instruments, and Earthbound completely and utterly fucked around with pirates. (First it gives more enemies, then it deletes your save right before you fight the final boss) These games are perfect examples on how to fight piracy, not firmware updates and DRM.
Except that the first was a bug that was passed off as DRM after a stealth patch that supposedly was only available to consumer slaves and not to pirates(which turned out to be the other way around) and crackfixes were available for all 3 off them within hours.

Also read up on Iron Lore and how they bankrupted themselves my making the "pirate as demo" crowd thinking their game was unplayable shit.