Pitt Takes Charge in World War Z Trailer

spaceman_jan

Adventurer by profession
Mar 1, 2011
I'm a bit disappointing because i was rather looking forward to a mock-umentary style movie about the zombie apocalypse. I loved the book but i would have preferred if they released this movie under an original name, and then make a proper adaptation instead of this.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Um... umm... this um... this is... erm... sigh.

Okay I like Pitt, and that trailer honestly wasn't too bad. But
a) This looks nothing like WWZ
b) The original script seemed way better
and c) everyone involved in this I fucking hate, HATE with the passion of a million foreman grills cos they either made something shit or fucked up something I like.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
You know I wouldn't mind this premise if it wasn't for the fact that the material it's based off of doesn't reflect this. If World War Z was about anything (It's got lots of themes going) its that the military were bumbling morons completely unprepared and unwilling to cope with a changing battlefield on their own, and that the ultimate success was nimble bureaucracies bringing together the talent, resources and just enough cold hearted calculations to save us. Not fly by the seat of our pants action material really.

EDIT: Well PERHAPS on reflection IF this just focuses on the opening months of World War Z, which was indeed filled with a military scrambling and failing in trying to save everyone through sheer force and it ends on that note then it could still be related to the material. Perhaps a 2nd could deal with the later stages of survival and the 3rd the rise of the bureaucracies that turned the war in a slow methodical war of math. Only then would we have a series that feels like it relates to World War Z

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
ciancon said:
I'm confused.....did Max Brooks endorse fast zombies?
Why does every zombie movie these days need to have fast zombies in it? The film looks like it is going to go a completely different route from the book too.

World War Z spoilers
From what I read in the book the zombie war has already happened and a report is going around talking to people about their experiences with what happened. The film looks like it will take place during the war which annoys me

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
Bat Vader said:
ciancon said:
I'm confused.....did Max Brooks endorse fast zombies?
Why does every zombie movie these days need to have fast zombies in it? The film looks like it is going to go a completely different route from the book too.

World War Z spoilers
From what I read in the book the zombie war has already happened and a report is going around talking to people about their experiences with what happened. The film looks like it will take place during the war which annoys me
Yeah, i've read it too. That's exactly why i'm so confused!

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Ragdoll Physics, The Movie.

Hopefully it's good. Ragdolls make me giggle so it's coming out of the gate strong.

Also to the people complaining (already) maybe the book was just a point to build from and this isn't intended to be an exact replica of the story in the book. Not everything has to be a copy you know.

HippySteve

Oct 4, 2012
The movie looks like it will be good. I'd watch it. Having said that, I've also never been more disappointed with a book to movie conversion- what made World War Z such an interesting work of literature was it's focus on the human condition, and how the end of the world would warp it. Instead, it looks like any Spec Ops movie crossed with Zombieland, sans the great special effects! Let's hope they can prove that it's anything but before the movie drops next Spring.

dakkster

Aug 22, 2011
I'm trying to divorce my thoughts about this trailer from my love for the novel. It's obvious the people who are behind this movie care nothing about the novel. They just bought the rights so they could ride the established nerd hype train (not that it's huge or anything, so why bother...). If you look at it from a WWZ fan perspective, the trailer is pure garbage. It has exactly nothing to do with the novel. Even the zombies are changed beyond recognition.

So here's my question:

Why not rebrand the movie? I don't understand why they had to stick with the "World War Z" brand when it CLEARLY has nothing to with the novel anymore.

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
I cant stop laughing at that fucking mosh pit....xD

The first time i saw this trailer, i laughed like 5 minutes at....sigh....ZOMBIE MOSH PITT! oh god this is so stupid...silly funny stupid xD

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Sigh, how did they make such an epic fail? I guess hollywood can ruin anything, all they need to do now is bring Michael Bay in to direct it...