Planet of the Apes: When TV Went Bananas

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Planet of the Apes: When TV Went Bananas

Planet of the Apes has graced both small screens and large, though its TV adaptations are mostly forgotten.

Read Full Article

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
Bob- Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the 5th sequel and Tim Burton's movie came out in 2001

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
Ratty said:
Bob- Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the 5th sequel and Tim Burton's movie came out in 2001

Bob's right Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the 4th sequel the first film is not a sequel after all.

Ratty

Jan 21, 2014
youji itami said:
Ratty said:

Bob's right Battle for the Planet of the Apes was the 4th sequel the first film is not a sequel after all.
D'oh! Of course lol. Well I was still reading and wanted to just put that up and then edit it out after the article was corrected, should have worried more about my own proofreading. This was a good overview, I had forgotten about "Time of the Apes" and was wondering what the 3rd adaptation he mentioned was.

Anyone who wants some more classic Apes goodness should check out http://pota.goatley.com/ tons of production photos and fanzines archived. Mostly concentrating on the original pentalogy. Though the British fanzines do show that, interestingly, the live action TV show might have been the most popular aspect of the franchise there. Ahh the Dr. Who crossovers that could have been.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
MovieBob said:
Tim Burton remake in the 90s

Planet of rhe Apes

" title="" target="_blank">
Just once, it might be nice of the Escapist at least pretended to have some kind of proofreader or editor.

I think I've seen part of the Planet of the Apes series, but it's pretty much indistinguishable from the sequels so it's hard to be sure if you just see a section in the middle. Unfortunately, I think that says more about the quality of the sequels than it does about the TV series.