Planetside 2: Removing the ability to crouch over corspes to prevent "sexually assaulting a corpse".

DanteRL

Jan 14, 2010
Can't wait till they remove voice chat so no one can offend my mom anymore...

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Eddie the head said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Honestly people aren't going to stop doing it though so this is the only logical way to stop it, i
Why does it need to be stopped?
Why does it need to exist?.
I fail to see the relevance in asking that. It is a thing now. Asking why it needs to be stopped is different form asking why it's a thing.
Not really I'm asking why does tea bagging need to actually exist, telling me "nah it;s a thing now" doesn't answer the question at all.
I didn't mean to answer your question I was questing if your question was relevant. "Why dose it need to be stopped?" Is completely different form "Why dose it need to exist?" And if we approach it form a pragmatic standpoint it dose exist. Making "Why dose it need to be stopped?" A much more pertinent question.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
Starbird said:
Yes and no.

Removing 'teabagging' because someone might be offended is silly.

Taking steps to curb toxicity and obnoxiousness between people in your game is fantastic.

What about my 'right' to enjoy the game (alongside the majority of non-toxic people) without someone flaming, spouting hatespeech etc?
what your forgetting is that toxic players will become even more toxic in their attempt to find something that would be considered offensive, hell if i played the game the fact that they don't trust me to be modest to other players would make me want to do some toxic stuff (like taunting, dancing on their corpse, etc)

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
johnnybleu said:
I can't conceive of any reality where my virtual character touching your virtual character in any way could be considered sexual abuse. Even if there was a "grope" animation. If teabagging was enough to get someone convicted of sexual assault in real life, then we'd all serve multiple life sentences for the countless murders committed online. I mean, the act was clearly unwanted and there was a violent tone to the act.
Not sexual assault. Sexual harrassment. Theres a big difference between the two. The former being an actual attack on a person. However the latter is usually far more sublte. Usually in cases of sexual harrassment the victim sues the company assuming they were complacent in allowing it to happen (usually after the purpetrator has been reported a few times). It could be argued that allowing and even encouraging teabagging could be allowing and encouraging sexual harrassment opening the company up to legal action.

This could be something Sony is scared of but if Im being honest I dont think its going that far. For a long time the people working on Planetside 2 have been trying to stamp out toxicity and harrassment of their players (which is good) and I think this is just one more step toward that.

Finally unlike a lot of people in the thread Ive actually played planetside 2. Most cover is big enough to stand behind without needing to crouch.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Ten years from now.
"Dark Souls VI to remove gestures from the North American edition because people have begun to interpret "Well What Is It?" as sexual pass"