Planetside 2: Removing the ability to crouch over corspes to prevent "sexually assaulting a corpse".

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Here's a quote from Planetside 2's Community manage, "RadarX".

PlanetSide 2 is a massive multiplayer FPS in a science fiction based world that pits empires against each other in mortal combat. While immersion is certainly a subjective topic, if sexually assaulting a corpse is a key component of your gameplay experience this just may not be the game for you. Drop me a PM and I will happily make some recommendations on games where this is perfectly acceptable.
Source: Here [https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-anti-teabagging-measures.202892/page-2#post-2950034p]

Essentially, the new system makes it impossible to croch if there is an enemy under you.

Need to use the cover an enemy or ally just died behind? Too bad, you can't any more.

And by doing so in the past, according to this community manager, you're committing sexual abuse.

Other sources: Here! [http://www.donotlink.com/framed?553931]

Amusingly. The actual cause of all this is rather more silly.

A collision bug. [https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/517723831348101121]

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Like the mod already said in that same thread "My more toned back response is we have an entire screen dedicated to telling people they were owned. This is an unnecessary mechanic.", there's basically no need to tea bag anyone anymore, there's an actual screen full of details on who "owned" you and where they owned you from.

Honestly people aren't going to stop doing it though so this is the only logical way to stop it, if your little theory is true for every battle and you cannot crouch 100% of the time in every single battle due to very well placed dead enemies behind you then I;d blame the tea baggers for how this came about, the screen is there black and white, crystal clear, theretofore there is no need to tea bag, cannot say that enough times and tea bagging in general is crude and needs to be done away with.

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
This is literally the dumbest thing ever. Everyone's gonna leave.

Teabagging is what the Halo bros DO. It's WHO THEY ARE.

Plus also your dudes don't actually have balls to dangle out of their pants, right? You can't ACTUALLY MOLEST the corpses of your enemies, right?

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Honestly people aren't going to stop doing it though so this is the only logical way to stop it, i
Why does it need to be stopped?

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Honestly people aren't going to stop doing it though so this is the only logical way to stop it, i
Why does it need to exist?.
To get a laugh gloating over a defeated foe, victory over the defeated, the most fundamental reward in competition. It's been chosen by many and I only see others taking it far too seriously instead of smirking, and forgetting it 5 seconds later while they wait to respawn.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
It needs to exist because the ability to crouch tends to be important. Like the OP pointed out, if you try to go into cover where someone previously died you can't crouch there, making you screwed. I think gameplay necessity overrides childishness.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I fail to see the relevance in asking that. It is a thing now. Asking why it needs to be stopped is different form asking why it's a thing.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
It needs to exist because the ability to crouch tends to be important. Like the OP pointed out, if you try to go into cover where someone previously died you can't crouch there, making you screwed. I think gameplay necessity overrides childishness.
How about not hanging around a bunch of dead enemy bodies?, battles move from field to field and as I've known when playing the game myself that we tend to move around a lot instead of camping a spot, that's where the trouble would be for crouching if you decide to camp over a pile of dead enemies.

I think childishness is overriding gameplay, if there's a lot of it then it's clearly fucking peoples gameplay experience, telling them to stop tea bagging isn't going to work nor is it good enough, is it so much to ask to be polite and respective when playing against someone else these days?.

If you think they need to undo it then how would you go about stopping the tea bagging because at this point it;s very obvious that it's a problem brought to light.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Eddie the head said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I fail to see the relevance in asking that. It is a thing now. Asking why it needs to be stopped is different form asking why it's a thing.
Not really I'm asking why does tea bagging need to actually exist, telling me "nah it;s a thing now" doesn't answer the question at all.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Because teabagging is an integral part of online shooters.
Only to the uncivil/unsporting.
Exactly, the entire online community. The uncivil come with the territory, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Can't handle the banter?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
To get a laugh gloating over a defeated foe, victory over the defeated, the most fundamental reward in competition. It's been chosen by many and I only see others taking it far too seriously instead of smirking, and forgetting it 5 seconds later while they wait to respawn.
So it's basically the rule of "deal with it"?, I see how that only goes so far but not everyone is going to accept that small rule, some people don't want to deal with it and I think it's their choice/right.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Because teabagging is an integral part of online shooters.
Only to the uncivil/unsporting.
Exactly, the entire online community. The uncivil come with the territory, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Can't handle the banter?
Grow thicker skin then?.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Ok after numerous replies it's become obvious that this isn't a thread for discussion, it's to be a circle jerk, I can't expect any sort of solution to this other than for the massively one sided "remove it and grow thicker skin" option that people are posing already.

Remind me again why we even bother discussing things if the there's only one answer?.

Kain Yusanagi

Sep 24, 2014
While I personally agree with the sentiment, I think it would be far more effective to make it so you can't pop up and down into crouches over a corpse in quick succession, rather than make them unable to crouch over a corpse, period. It smacks of heavy-handedness when a much lighter touch would have been far more reasonable.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Ok after numerous replies it's become obvious that this isn't a thread for discussion, it's to be a circle jerk, I can't expect any sort of solution to this other than for the massively one sided "remove it and grow thicker skin" option that people are posing already.

Remind me again why we even bother discussing things if the there's only one answer?.
Because you have to be utterly humorless to be actually bothered by teenagers crouching on each others dead virtual bodies in a shooting video game. It's a joke.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Really? REALLY?! Well this is the stupidest game mechanic that I have seen in a long time.

I get it, teabagging is unsportsmanlike and is something that really should have gone away as soon as it came along (yes, I know what my username is), but sacrificing the gameplay to satisfy something that I imagine nobody really asked for? Idiocy. I foresee a 180 very soon, because if something so arbitrary gets in the way of crouching, especially if you just so happen to be behind low cover, I imagine that I a lot of people are going to be calling for it's removal.

Besides, its not like anyone actually teabags anymore, so I cant see it being much of a problem in the first place, at least to a point where they have to respond in such a way.

EDIT: I agree with the sentiment, but gameplay and player control should always come first. Besides, I know of no instance where someone was teabagged, and then they called them out for sexual assault. It is a video game. The purpose of the teabag is ultimately to humiliate and taunt someone. Being so heavy handed as to its prevention is not the way to go.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Because you have to be utterly humorless to be actually bothered by teenagers crouching on each others dead virtual bodies in a shooting video game. It's a joke.
But why?, why does it have to be a joke?, why does it have to be so one sided?.

It's like me making up a joke, you not finding it funny and then me going " well it's funny and a joke end of", doesn't make it any bit funnier.

it also means we'll just run strait bang into the "grow thicker skin" mentality which means those people refuse to understand how others feel or react because that's almost always the reaction.

If it's so much as a joke then what's the purpose of the thread other than pointing out a mechanic being changed and the thread being locked, it's over and done with already, what else is there to discuss other than to say "remove it's stupid"?, no really what else is there to be talked about?, we've already gotten to that stage where the only logical answer is to say remove it, anything else to my replies is going to be "dude it's a joke, dude it's a joke, dude grow thicker skin".