Planetside 2: Removing the ability to crouch over corspes to prevent "sexually assaulting a corpse".

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
So it's basically the rule of "deal with it"?, I see how that only goes so far but not everyone is going to accept that small rule, some people don't want to deal with it and I think it's their choice/right.
Why is it a problem for people to gloat over beating an enemy.

Yes, it would be nice if you could deal with it and grow some thicker skin. People giving you a hard time over losing and making a big deal over winning has been with us from the very beginning.

Why do you feel it's a problem? Do you feel that someone losing in a game is a bad idea or does this have to do with the supposed sexual nature of the act, something I see as people taking the slang term for it too far when it's nothing more than a victory dance. If it's wrong than football players should be prevented from dancing after a touchdown.

I think childishness is overriding gameplay, if there's a lot of it then it's clearly fucking peoples gameplay experience, telling them to stop tea bagging isn't going to work nor is it good enough, is it so much to ask to be polite and respective when playing against someone else these days?.[/quote[

Immature behaviour is the bread and butter of any game, it's why it's called gamePLAY.

If you think they need to undo it then how would you go about stopping the tea bagging because at this point it;s very obvious that it's a problem brought to light.
Make up a new more humourous way to celebrate victory over an enemy in a game and you'll find people migrate to it. Frowning at people and waving your finger at them will make them do it out of spite, doing stuff like they did will only harm the gameplay and cause people unnecessary grief.

Not really I'm asking why does tea bagging need to actually exist,[/quote[

To rub it in the face of your opponent that you won and they lost.

Only to the uncivil/unsporting.
Then if you consider it such don't do it, if you see others do it, then beat their asses and do what you feel is an appropriate form of celebration and be the bigger man doing it.

Grow thicker skin then?.
Why is this so difficult. It's certainly the easier and more effective way you have at hand to deal with this instead of forcing your opinion on others over such a trifle.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Shadow-Phoenix said:
But why?, why does it have to be a joke?, why does it have to be so one sided?.

It's like me making up a joke, you not finding it funny and then me going " well it's funny and a joke end of", doesn't make it any bit funnier.

it also means we'll just run strait bang into the "grow thicker skin" mentality which means those people refuse to understand how others feel or react because that's almost always the reaction.

If it's so much as a joke then what's the purpose of the thread other than pointing out a mechanic being changed and the thread being locked, it's over and done with already, what else is there to discuss other than to say "remove it's stupid"?, no really what else is there to be talked about?, we've already gotten to that stage where the only logical answer is to say remove it, anything else to my replies is going to be "dude it's a joke, dude it's a joke, dude grow thicker skin".
What do you think competitive gameplay like FPS PvP is? It's zero sum, if it wasn't few would play it.

People love conflict, it's in the very fiber of our being and we enjoy putting it on display at others expense. The important thing is that this isn't taken too far and harms others: This is just dancing over someone - do you seriously consider that going too far?

If it's so much as a joke then what's the purpose of the thread other than pointing out a mechanic being changed and the thread being locked, it's over and done with already, what else is there to discuss other than to say "remove it's stupid"?, no really what else is there to be talked about?, we've already gotten to that stage where the only logical answer is to say remove it, anything else to my replies is going to be "dude it's a joke, dude it's a joke, dude grow thicker skin".
It continues because new posters are venting their disapproval over this change while you disagree and we're debating with you over the matter we consider the matter overblown, just as we would if a real life sport banned celebratory displays after each score.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
And yes, it is sporting - gentle (and this is gentle, you are not causing the person any real harm) ribbing over losing is as much a part of sports as winning and losing. It's a little passing reward the winner gets, a little passing annoyance to punish someone for losing and is mildly insulting enough to encourage them to try better next time so they beat the confident jerk who did it to them and give them some humble pie.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
AFAIK teabagging is hardly a thing in Call of Duty, because you don't see your corpse after you die. If they're quick you might see a second or so of it on the Killcam, but it's generally not worth the effort to them.

So you know, instead of potentially fucking up people's chances to use cover, why not just change it so a player doesn't see their corpse when they die? Even if some people carry on teabagging, what's the big deal? The person they're 'sexually assaulting' (jesus fucking christ) wont see it.

Irick

Apr 18, 2012
Heh....
Well, they introduced an interesting level of additional strategy for sure. Don't want to kill people near key areas of cover. Got to wait for them to move :3

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I haven't played Planetside but it sounds like a gameplay problem. So if there's a corpse in a spot where I need to crouch for cover the option is gone. A small thing, but unessecary...

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Good.

This is a problem with many FPS games in general and something Ive never really understood. The thing about PS2 and teabagging is its only for the victors sake. The killed player still see's the general info of who they were killed by and what with but they dont see the player themselves (unless they changed that) because they dont want to give away the positions of enemies allowing voice coms to communicate where they were ala Battlefield 3 and 4.

The other issue has always been that its a practice that hurts team and objective based play. This doesnt matter depending on the game or game mode such as death match where youre only out for yourself. It does effect other games types such as conquest, CTF, attack/defense, and to a limited degree even team deathmatch. In a game like PS2 its especially harmful because every engagement requires some strategy to it or you just get mowed down.

If you want to get your homoerotic thrills off (actually it may not always be homoerotic since more and more games are allowing male and female avatars) then theres lots of other games to play right now (hell in blacklight retribution theres actually a teabag taunt that will gives you points if you use it after a kill) but I hope many other games will follow this example to the point it disappears completely or forces teabaggers to make their own games allowing it.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Or, or, or, or...

Or

OR!

OAR!

Remove collision for dead bodies. Have them pass through the ground, leaving their killers furious grinding their balls against the dirt. Problem solved, no bullshit about sexual assault, no backlash, nothing more than a few odd looks at a patch note or two.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Ok after numerous replies it's become obvious that this isn't a thread for discussion, it's to be a circle jerk, I can't expect any sort of solution to this other than for the massively one sided "remove it and grow thicker skin" option that people are posing already.

Remind me again why we even bother discussing things if the there's only one answer?.
Because you have to be utterly humorless to be actually bothered by teenagers crouching on each others dead virtual bodies in a shooting video game. It's a joke.

It's like me making up a joke, you not finding it funny and then me going " well it's funny and a joke end of", doesn't make it any bit funnier.

it also means we'll just run strait bang into the "grow thicker skin" mentality which means those people refuse to understand how others feel or react because that's almost always the reaction.

Honestly, my biggest problem with this is that it brings down the importance of actual sexual assault by likening it to crouching over a virtual body. Not only is this stupid, it's insensitive.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Ok after numerous replies it's become obvious that this isn't a thread for discussion, it's to be a circle jerk, I can't expect any sort of solution to this other than for the massively one sided "remove it and grow thicker skin" option that people are posing already.

Remind me again why we even bother discussing things if the there's only one answer?.
Well if it's stopping people from being able to take cover because someone has died there then yes there is only one choice, remove the stupid system that breaks the gameplay over something so stupid as teabagging. Seriously having the ability to relyably take cover is more important than something so stupid as stopping someone from putting themselves in a perfect position to get themselves shot to raise their pathetic excuse of an ego. Some of us don't care about it.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
silver wolf009 said:
Or, or, or, or...

Or

OR!

OAR!

Remove collision for dead bodies. Have them pass through the ground, leaving their killers furious grinding their balls against the dirt. Problem solved, no bullshit about sexual assault, no backlash, nothing more than a few odd looks at a patch note or two.
Bloody genius, I wish I'd thought something like that, it actually sounds like it'd work well for both parties, that way the player can still crouch in combat yet the dead body will no longer be there the moment he/she dies meaning the player intending to do the tea bagging will be left humping the ground yet still being safe.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
silver wolf009 said:
Or, or, or, or...

Or

OR!

OAR!

Bloody genius, I wish I'd thought something like that, it actually sounds like it'd work well for both parties, that way the player can still crouch in combat yet the dead body will no longer be there the moment he/she dies meaning the player intending to do the tea bagging will be left humping the ground yet still being safe.

I declare myself the winner of this internet debacle, and put on my happy pants.

GG Planetside 2. GG.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Because I'm pretty confident when I say literally millions of people find it funny enough to do it every day across dozens of games. You're pretty much walking into a party and telling people to stop having fun and telling dirty jokes because YOU don't find them funny. Your inability to deal with it is infinitely more childish than the act itself.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
With all this talk about interfering with gameplay, can someone actually tell me how long bodies stay on the ground after death? From Youtube videos I'm watching, corpses only seem to last a couple seconds and despawn way too quickly to create the scenario that OP is proposing. I will fully admit that I played maybe two hours of the game a long time ago and can't remember much about the body mechanics, but I do remember that crouching is rarely used outside of snipping or cresting hills, so I doubt this mechanic is going to hurt gameplay much.. Still seems like a silly thing to do, but I'm unsure what the actual effects on the game itself will be.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Shadow-Phoenix said:
beastro said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Honestly people aren't going to stop doing it though so this is the only logical way to stop it, i
Why does it need to be stopped?
Why does it need to exist?.
The point is moot since this was just a bug and not a feature, but I'll bite.

The game is a murder simulator, why are you getting hung up on the part where a guy is pretending to air hump a dead body through the crouching animation when the real issue is he just shot the guy through the head?
Shoot the other guy until he dies, extra points for head shots, always take out the transport before it has a chance unload it's occupants, some of the actions in the game boarder on war crimes and yet the dry humping is the issue that you jump on?

In the end it's just a fun FPS multi-player shooter, we accept that you're not really murdering others since it's so stylized and silly, just as tea bagging isn't sexual molestation, it's just a goofy animation that makes people who think Peacock is a funny word giggle. It's bad-sportsmanlike, but hardly a condemnable offense.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Because I'm pretty confident when I say literally millions of people find it funny enough to do it every day across dozens of games. You're pretty much walking into a party and telling people to stop having fun and telling dirty jokes because YOU don't find them funny. Your inability to deal with it is infinitely more childish than the act itself.
How am I going into a party and telling people to stop joking?, what if I'm playing with friends and some random pleb decides it's time to ruin our fun with his, how is that not childish itself?.

Is this how the rest of the discussion is going to go btw?, keep telling me over and over thinking you'll hammer the point when it's missing entirely and even resorting to the last comment saying I'm a child for saying something that some people find funny isn't funny.

I've also noticed that even after the others have thrown more replies one after the other you haven't noticed I've decided to give up on the circle jerk one only answer, I only replied to this because of the "childish" comment you threw in at the end, basically calling me a child for not finding something you find funny, I'm not twisting words because you're basically calling me one for not submitting to a joke some people find funny, there are definitely people out there that can't always find what you think is funny, don't call them children for it, learn to accept that not everyone has the same thoughts on comedy.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
NiPah said:
In the end it's just a fun FPS multi-player shooter, we accept that you're not really murdering others since it's so stylized and silly, just as tea bagging isn't sexual molestation, it's just a goofy animation that makes people who think Peacock is a funny word giggle. It's bad-sportsmanlike, but hardly a condemnable offense.
I don't take issue with those that think it;s some form of sexual assault or some crap like that, I just find tea bagging incredibly prehistoric and childish, it shows the user is very unsportsmanlike and will be prone to hating loss when he gets the same done to him, I've seen people rage after being killed straight after or having their tea bagging denied before they even could.

I've never felt the need or urge to tea bag a player, once they are dead I move onto the next target, tea bagging if anything gives other players enough of an open window to kill you and then you have yourself to blame so in the act of being unsportsmanlike you could also end up losing from it, it really doesn't gain you anything other than a slight ego boost which as known is people being "full of it".

MrDumpkins

Sep 20, 2010
Westaway said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Because you have to be utterly humorless to be actually bothered by teenagers crouching on each others dead virtual bodies in a shooting video game. It's a joke.
Exactly, harassment and toxicity are one thing, but I don't see teabagging as anything other than a victory dance. And if you think people that win a game or something aren't entitled to a little dance or gloat, then you just don't understand competition. Now if the guy is sitting there on mic teabagging and calling them trash and generally being toxic, thats another thing. But just teabagging? that's fine in my book.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Genocidicles said:
AFAIK teabagging is hardly a thing in Call of Duty, because you don't see your corpse after you die. If they're quick you might see a second or so of it on the Killcam, but it's generally not worth the effort to them.

So you know, instead of potentially fucking up people's chances to use cover, why not just change it so a player doesn't see their corpse when they die? Even if some people carry on teabagging, what's the big deal? The person they're 'sexually assaulting' (jesus fucking christ) wont see it.
Pretty much this. Vanishing corpses both prevent teabagging and aren't as potentially gamebreaking as not being able to crouch