PlanetSide WAR! Escapist...FALL IN!

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Ok, download complete. Created a character called Dekkarax (obviously); server's Gemini, right?

If so, then I'm ready for orders; didn't see an escapist squad though.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
dekkarax said:
Ok, download complete. Created a character called Dekkarax (obviously); server's Gemini, right?

If so, then I'm ready for orders; didn't see an escapist squad though.
Add me, Spinwhiz and Slycne to your in-game friends list, and if you see us on, send us a /tell and we'll get you an invite.

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
Hey Paul, how's that reserves list? I'm really anxious to see how my skills have held up.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
MercFox1 said:
Hey Paul, how's that reserves list? I'm really anxious to see how my skills have held up.
See my above post with bolded text. I've had sufficient no-answers in the reserve, I've resorted to waiting for direct contact so I can re-re-issue from the first wave of no-answers with some hope that the person at the other end is paying attention.

And yes, I still have keys that may be good. PM me for details!

capgun2713

Jan 15, 2009
Phew. That was chaotic. Got warped randomly to old oshur with a couple hundred of each army. Fought desperately, but VS ended up winning. But we made sure they were only left with one base still intact. I took about 40 screenies, plus a 10 minute video, but I'm too tired to pick them up right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
My advice: Invest some points in air vehicle certs. Just walking from hotspot to hotspot can take a long time, and you can miss the battle, as I learnt today.

vede

Dec 4, 2007
Alright, so I haven't played much in the past couple days because my computer decided it would become a paperweight.

I got Windows up and running again just last night and am now re-downloading Planetside and will resume play... sometime. Sorry for the downtime.

Also, would it be possible to get some side-by-side stats to see how we're doing against the other two groups?

da0n

Jan 16, 2009
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/01/26/the-planetside-war-weekend-warriors/

Grr. Not good news.

I ran around helping with repairs and then, towards the end of the evening, I noticed and enemy soldier running down a gully near our base. Briefly I saw he had "Escapist" in his name, so I charged after him. I put a few bullets into his fleeing form, but he disappeared over a ridge.
That's either me or Grae, that is. =D

Grae

Sep 25, 2008
Daon said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/01/26/the-planetside-war-weekend-warriors/

Grr. Not good news.

I ran around helping with repairs and then, towards the end of the evening, I noticed and enemy soldier running down a gully near our base. Briefly I saw he had "Escapist" in his name, so I charged after him. I put a few bullets into his fleeing form, but he disappeared over a ridge.
That's either me or Grae, that is. =D

...If they remember whether or not they saw a capitalized "E" in the name, we could find that out. And then hold bragging rights that we kept to the site's namesake and escaped lol.

I'm willing to bet it was you, though, as the date indicates I was still on my trial account. Good on ya ;)

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
I think we should all come online at once some time, and invade some unsuspecting planet.

vede

Dec 4, 2007
Yes, we should organize certain days when we can all get together and rape the countryside with our bombs and bullets.

Come on, it would be fuuuuuunnn!

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
More Aerial ownage from Gremlin, who's becoming delusional and is starting to refer to himself as the red baron.

Oh, and don't drive lightnings off bridges. I know it sounds clever, but it isn't.

da0n

Jan 16, 2009
I picked up an AA MAX today, having not used one in a while...

Suffice to say I'm now second on outfit points. Second to Stark, who will soon be going DOWN. Muahaha etc etc.

Singing Gremlin said:
Oh, and don't drive lightnings off bridges. I know it sounds clever, but it isn't.
But where are the screenshots Grem? S'not good enough!

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
Daon said:
I picked up an AA MAX today, having not used one in a while...

Suffice to say I'm now second on outfit points. Second to Stark, who will soon be going DOWN. Muahaha etc etc.

Singing Gremlin said:
But where are the screenshots Grem? S'not good enough!
Damn you, I might have to re-cert hacking so I can take back my second place.

lightingbird

Dec 4, 2008
Ok so is everyone enjoying this so far? I haven't got into the clan yet but find the game "So-So" at best.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I also have experience of underwater lightnings, not good, as like real lightning, they do conduct into the water pretty quickly.
Must admit, as long as no-one looks down into the water, you can sneak up on people quite well.
Also, I gave up on outfit points a long time ago, (I have like 300 to the leader's 1,000+), as I make very few kills (even fewer at the beginning before I started sniping), I just provide a little support for people (nothing keeps their heads down like a sniper round to the face) though I rarely kill people, (lots of people killing me though).
Though it would be nice to have advanced medical again, so I can wake you guys from your dirt naps quickly when you go and get yourself killed. ; )

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Ringwraith said:
I also have experience of underwater lightnings, not good, as like real lightning, they do conduct into the water pretty quickly.
Must admit, as long as no-one looks down into the water, you can snake up on people quite well.
Also, I gave up on outfit points a long time ago, as I make very few kills (even fewer at the beginning before I started sniping), I just provide a little support for people (nothing keeps their heads down like a sniper round to the face) though I rarely kill people.
Though it would be nice to have advanced medical again, so I can wake you guys from your dirt naps quickly when you go and get yourself killed. ; )
I believe it was Slycne that passed this along regarding sniping:
Since it takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill someone, and they run and hide while you're waiting for the bolt to cycle on your gun (or whatever the delay is for) - carry two. Obviously will need the Reinforced Exosuit, and your backup weapon will be a pistol of some sort if anyone closes with you, unless you want to carry around yet another rifle-sized weapon in your backpack.

Also, I recommend turning off auto-reload while doing so, just so you don't fire your last bullet in one gun and spend forever reloading before you can switch off.